X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Exorcism Part 2

Heading into theaters in March...

[YOUTUBE]BySJLmciR5E[/YOUTUBE]

Trailer doesn't look that bad, though it seems it's that kind of horror movie you see once and never again. We'll see.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

I thought the first one was on everyone's worst horror movie of the year list. I guess I'm surprised they'd take a second stab at this. Must've made a bunch of money from the Paranormal Activity crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
      I thought the first one was on everyone's worst horror movie of the year list. I guess I'm surprised they'd take a second stab at this. Must've made a bunch of money from the Paranormal Activity crowd.
      I thought the best thing in the first part was the gruelling poster artwork, which even hangs in my office. They have the audacity to use it again in Part II, this time more contorted. Ho dumb is that?
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

How many last exorcisms can there be?

I actually thought the first one was pretty good. People hated the ending because it did something edgy and different (and it was badass). I'm sure these will decline in quality, but I'll check it out anyways.

Comment

The only draw that the first one had was that it was found footage style, which was/is trendy, and it was complete garbage. Zero interest in this.

Comment

I didn't mind the first although it had its problems. Surprised to see it has spawned a sequel and even if it starts directly from the previous events I can't say there's much there that interests me.

Be interested to see its box office if the hardcore horror fans aren't going.
            Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 01-15-2013, 11:34 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I liked the first one.. but I don't see the effectiveness of a sequel. It wasn't a story that needed a continuation.

The ending was kinda cool in the first one, though.

I'll watch this on TV or Netflix.
              "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

"The Last Exorcism Part 2"....Part II is weak!. I absolutely loved the first film but Part II is like the Blair Witch Project 2. Its unnecessary, it doesn't accomplish anything, and it doesn't push the story forward. All this film was made for was to show you how "Nell" tries to recover after the events of the first film.The scares are few and far between, and the story is just downright dumb from the beginning. You also never really feel for any of the characters from the get go. Besides a daring opening sequence and a few moments of suspense here and there, this film still manages to bore you most of the time. The attempt to exercise the demon(who we dont even see possess Nell) towards the end is a big letdown too. There just wasn't a sense of true horror and dread like many other exorcism movies. Unnecessary sequel, pitiful writing, and poor execution!!

3/10

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                  "The Last Exorcism Part 2"....Part II is weak!. I absolutely loved the first film but Part II is like the Blair Witch Project 2. Its unnecessary, it doesn't accomplish anything, and it doesn't push the story forward. All this film was made for was to show you how "Nell" tries to recover after the events of the first film.The scares are few and far between, and the story is just downright dumb from the beginning. You also never really feel for any of the characters from the get go. Besides a daring opening sequence and a few moments of suspense here and there, this film still manages to bore you most of the time. The attempt to exercise the demon(who we dont even see possess Nell) towards the end is a big letdown too. There just wasn't a sense of true horror and dread like many other exorcism movies. Unnecessary sequel, pitiful writing, and poor execution!!

3/10
                  I disliked the first so maybe.. just maybe I'll like this entry since it appears to be very different. Going in with an open mind when it leaks.

Comment

No interest in this at all.

Haven't even seen the first one.

Comment

I didnt realize the first one was so popular. The first just kinda dragged on and on... and then the ending... meh. I dig the posters, but as Santa Sangre said its basically the same idea as the first.

But I'll end up watching this on dvd while I fold laundry or something, lol.

Comment

I kinda liked the first one, even though the ending was AWFUL.

This just looks mediocre and uninteresting.

Comment

Already seen this movie, I know out in later in year the UK, I thought it would better then first!

I did not like the first one at all, I thought one of most boring movies I Have seen, Did not once get scared or creeped out at all, I thought it was The Worst Exorcism movie but then we suffered for even worse with Devil Inside 2 years later!

Least this Last Exorcism 1 had some scarce scenes at least and tense moment in (Which Didn't work for me as saw them coming) and there in that movie unlike Devil inside and this sequel to the first movie

Nell is trying to put her life back together and she has blocked out all things that happens to her in the first movie but soon they what her back again.

This was really bland from start to end, there was not one moment that actually felt anything scary was going to happen any where in the movie,

The only good think I can say about this movie is that, last 10 minutes of the movie was so-what watch able and something was finally hap ping in the movie and again it wasn't that scary at all and most of that scene see the trailer .

I didn't mind the movie ended but story didn't really end!

Yet another movie that show 95% of movie in trailer, Just watch the trailer skip this movie

One other good think I can say about this movie is that the acting was really good from the cast but shame about the rest of the bland movie.

3 out of 10

Comment

REVIEW - Last Exorcism 2

This was, without doubt, the worst horror film we've seen so far this year. Uninspired, dull, and worst of all it diminishes the original film.

Watch out video on it, and share it if you enjoyed it.

- Count Jackula
                            Watch www.thecountjackulashow.com
                            Or follow us on Twitter @Count_Jackula
                            Or Facebook The Count Jackula Show Fanpage

Comment

Havent seen part 2 yet and don't think Im gonna to, preventing a big disappointment after part 1 which I liked.

I'm still surprised about the reactions of many viewers on the first part, am I the only one thinking it was ambiguous as hell. Was Nell really 'possessed'? (and maybe that's the reason why so many people disliked the movie, they may expect the most freaking devil scenes)

I didnt see any convincing 'evidence' of possession and keep in mind what the Reverend is telling at the begin of the movie: something about people believing in god and the devil and that people growing up in a culture with little medical possibilities and a strong dependancy on religion, who think they're possessed might be helped by an exorcism or ritual whick makes that thought go away.

(Religious) sects have much benefit from making their followers believe in 'something', exactly like the way the Reverend benefits from persuading others, and to go further: like the way director in my opinion is 'persuading' his 'followers' (the viewers) of something which isn't actually shown or real. He's very delicately holding open both options (crazy or the devil within) and yet I think 90% of the viewers assume that she must be possessed despite the words during the intro. Great job, great movie.

just my thoughts cheers
                              1. The Big Lebowski
                              2. The Shining
                              3. Martyrs
                              4. Session 9
                              5. Irréversible
                              6. Apocalypse Now
                              7. No Country for Old Men
                              8. Eyes Wide Shut
                              9. Boot, Das
                              10. Pi

>> my youtube channel <<