No announcement yet.

Mama (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh I may just wait till it comes to one of the premium on demand channels after I've wikied the story and youtubed the highlights thus effectively deciding whether or not it's worth my time and also ruining any surprise or plot twist it had in store for me. This is my process for many movies in the horror/thriller genre. I haven't had to sit through the predictable story lines from the Final Destination franchise just to see the death scenes in years.

Comment

I really liked this but most people I have talked to seem to really dislike the ending

Comment

Originally posted by klownz666 View Post
        I really liked this but most people I have talked to seem to really dislike the ending
        I found it really enjoyable too and it used cliches very effectively. I too didn't really like the ending though. It felt a bit lazy and out of place.
        ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

The end did make me laugh a little, I was thinking how the fuck are they going to explain all this to social services

Comment

I thought this had some really good Jumpy scare in this movie I did Jump really early in the movie, this dose have some really good intense though out the movie.

The movie flowed really well and it never once got boring at all and no scenes drag longer then should,

This movie did have some flaws here and there but they don't to much impact on the movie, I also did like effect of the of MAMA as you get a little to often, she dose not seem as scary as the movie goes.

I did find the MAMA bit more creepy in the short, she kinda of Ju-on-the Grudge Ghost and I wasn't really to keen on Soppy ending was not need at all, that part really left the movie down, While i felt really sad and I some people will find that very tearing.

thought was really good AS i did not expect to Jump at all in this movie and seen plenty of horror movies,

7 out of 10

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
              Prediction: Really creepy first half. CGI overloaded second half.
              ...and I was right.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                ...and I was right.
                ...buuut very effective CGI. Can't say anything bad about it.
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I thought the movie was okay at best. A couple of things about the film just really put me off, such as...

[spoiler]the hospital monitor having 'MAMA' typed all over the screen and the overdone CGI extravaganza at the end. Main problem was Mama wasn't scary in the slightest.[/spoiler]

A disappointing film, but still worth one watch I suppose. The two leads (the uncle and his girlfriend) gave solid performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                      I agree. Thought the CGI was pretty good, a bit excessive in the final scene but I thought it was a great way to end the movie. Certainly an unexpected way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                        I agree. Thought the CGI was pretty good, a bit excessive in the final scene but I thought it was a great way to end the movie. Certainly an unexpected way.
                        Unexpected to who? The ending was complete nonsense.
                        [SPOILER]
                        Her spirit lingers because of her lost child and once they are finally reunited she tosses it away like a bag of old moldy tangerines.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Just watched it. Another horrid film getting it's dick sucked here. What a fucking mess.

Comment

A film with a lot of potential that's ultimately squandered by typical problems of American studio productions; Misuse of CG, over-editing and characters shoved in that serve little purpose other than to over explain the situation to the audience. Unfortunate, because outside of those major issues this film could have been pretty solid. Oh well.

Latest BSC: Slumber Party Massacre Review
                            Latest BSA: The Mist (Stephen King) vs. The Mist (Frank Darabont) Part I & Part II
                            Latest BSVlog: Storage 24 Review
                            Latest FNFF: Maniac (2013) Review

Comment

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                              Just watched it. Another horrid film getting it's dick sucked here. What a fucking mess.
                              I'm not certain this helps your disappointment, but your comment did bring a smile to my face.

I haven't seen it yet, but the comments have me a bit worried.

Comment

Too much CGI kinda ruined it for it, and the fact that MAMA wasn't even scary.

Although I get the ending
                                [SPOILER]The girl had been raised in the woods... she wouldn't have been abe to live a normal life in the real world. It was the only thing for her to do. The older sister had enough time with her parents to retain enough to survive.

Also a little more back story on why the dad went nuts to begin with would have been helpful for the story line. [/SPOILER]

Comment

Working...
                                X