No announcement yet.

Mama (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama looked like a cartoon. It's worth a watch nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
      Too much CGI kinda ruined it for it, and the fact that MAMA wasn't even scary.

Although I get the ending
      [SPOILER]The girl had been raised in the woods... she wouldn't have been abe to live a normal life in the real world. It was the only thing for her to do. The older sister had enough time with her parents to retain enough to survive.

Also a little more back story on why the dad went nuts to begin with would have been helpful for the story line. [/SPOILER]
      I get what you're saying there in the second line. I would have liked that explained as well. Another thing I'd like explained is why Mama looked like an alien with down syndrome?

Comment

I wasn't expecting much from this movie and I still walked out of the theater a little disappointed.

The movie was kinda boring, to be honest. Can't think of anything positive to say about it... Well, it didn't downright suck, so I guess that's a positive thing...

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

I loved it until the final 30 minutes and it took a turn into fantasy, as most Del Toro produced movies do for some odd reason.

Comment

skimming through the thread and my thoughts seem to be in line with everyone else.

I was having a great time until the final act. There were a few instances of bad cgi but I could let that go, when it gets to the final act though? forget about it. The whole movie shifts quite suddenly into a Tim Burton flick.

Comment

"Mama"......This is a pretty good thriller. The storyline is solid and the cast is fairly strong. Jessica Chastain is the standout of course, but the 2 little girls were terrific in their roles too. The handsome Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is impressive in dual roles as the father and uncle. The film has some very creepy atmosphere going for it. However, I found the ghost was looking too digital and fake, and it took away some of the fear elements that the viewer should be feeling. The ending could have been done a little bit better too.

7/10

Comment

It's a good movie, just too confusing & a tad bit all over the place. I love del Toro but he could've ended this one better.

Comment

Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                  It's a good movie, just too confusing & a tad bit all over the place. I love del Toro but he could've ended this one better.
                  He didn't write it so why is the ending on him?
                  <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                  R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                    Blaming Del Toro for Mama is like blaming Tarantino for not making Hostel better.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

It wasn't as bad I was told it was. A solid time waster. Making Mama entirely CGI was unnecessary, though (but the CGI itself wasn't bad imo)

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                        Yeah, I keep forgetting that fact. I have no clue why.

But, still, I feel the movie could've been a lot better. I was expecting Mama herself to actually be scary, but all the effects threw it way off for me. In my case, I don't think this is gonna have a lot of replay value.

Comment

Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                          Yeah, I keep forgetting that fact. I have no clue why.

But, still, I feel the movie could've been a lot better. I was expecting Mama herself to actually be scary, but all the effects threw it way off for me. In my case, I don't think this is gonna have a lot of replay value.
                          She looked so goofy.

Aside from the design of Mama herself (Although the CGI wasn't bad) and the bullshit ending I liked it a bunch.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                          X