The Jefferey Dahmer Files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jefferey Dahmer Files

In 1991 Jeffrey Dahmer was arrested in Milwaukee and sentenced to 957 years in prison for killing 17 people and dismembering their bodies. THE JEFFREY DAHMER FILES is a documentary that explores the city of Milwaukee by meeting those surrounding Dahmer during and after his hidden spree. Recollections from Milwaukee Medical Examiner Jeffrey Jentzen, Police Detective Patrick Kennedy, and neighbor Pamela Bass are interwoven with archival footage and everyday scenes from Dahmerís life, working collectively to disassemble the facade of an ordinary man leading an ordinary existence.
    [YOUTUBE]_7WHSmhx0OQ[/YOUTUBE]

New documentary coming out this month about infamous serial killer, Jeffery Dahmer. Looks pretty good. I'm a sucker for true crime and docos so this is right up my alley.

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
    New documentary coming out this month about infamous serial killer, Jeffery Dahmer. Looks pretty good. I'm a sucker for true crime and docos so this is right up my alley.
    Count me in as well. You lured me in "Dear Zachary" back in the days, it can't get so much worse than that.

Btw., that first picture of the trailer is pretty misleading.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Beat me to it, Rusted! I will definitely be checking this out.

Feb 15th for the limited theatrical release and VOD, so I'll be watching through Comcast.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

This sounds awesome. I'm always keen for more serial killer action!
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

Looks alright, but what more can be said really?

It looks a bit too exploitive. Do we really need to know what the facial expressions of the severed heads were like? Why not go on about how much of Dahmer's semen was found in their gaping neck holes?

Comment

It doesn't come across as exploitive to me. You want exploitive? Check out The Secret Life Of Jeffrey Dahmer.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
              It doesn't come across as exploitive to me. You want exploitive? Check out The Secret Life Of Jeffrey Dahmer.
              I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but I also don't see how this could go in any direction other than exploitation, without repeating everything that's already been said.

I'll still be checking it out though. I love true crime docs.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about the half documentary half film approach. I'd prefer a straight up documentary, but I'll check it out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post

I'll still be checking it out though. I love true crime docs.
                  Can you recommend some good crime docs? I watched Cropsey recently which was decent and Cocaine Cowboys which was very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    Can you recommend some good crime docs? I watched Cropsey recently which was decent and Cocaine Cowboys which was very interesting.
                    Dear Zachary.

Don't read up on it before watching it. Go into it blind and prepare to be devastated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                      Dear Zachary.

Don't read up on it before watching it. Go into it blind and prepare to be devastated.
                      Thanks I will do, just added to my rental list.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                        I concur on the Dear Zachary. Be prepared to want to punch shit afterwords.

For a double feature of nastyness, check out the "Bodies in The Barrels" doc, followed by "The Snowtown Murders". The movie is far better than any doc on the case, but knowing the facts beforehand makes the film all the more impactful. I can't think of another film that chilled me to the bone nearly as much as that one did.

"Into The Abyss" is another recent one, that's pretty good.

I also love the show "Locked Up Abroad". Good stories, with precision re-enactments.

Also, if you have Netflix, there is this nice little series called "Great Crimes And Trials".

Oh, and "The Iceman Confessions" are amazing as well.

Other than those, you can pretty much type in "True Crime Docs" on Youtube, and you'll get more than your fair share.

Comment

or this:

Comment

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                            or this:

Ha! Yeah, I still need to check that out.

If anyone is looking for a serious movie on Jeff, you should check out Damher with Jeremy Renner. It's actually pretty damn good.
                            Last edited by travisbickle; 02-04-2013, 06:16 PM.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Ha! Yeah, I still need to check that out.

If anyone is looking for a serious movie on Jeff, you should check out Damher with Jeremy Renner. It's actually pretty damn good.
                              It sure is. They show what you dont already know about him which I love!!!
                              "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

Working...
                              X