The Dyatlov Pass Incident (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dyatlov Pass Incident (2013)

The film is also currently going under the temporary title "Untitled Renny Harlin Project." Pretty creepy real story events. The movie looks pretty cool and hoping it's a fun creepy joyride! Can't seem to find a decent trailer on youtube but it's on the main BD page.

The Dyatlov Pass follows a group of American students on a trek to investigate the true life mystery of nine Russian skiers who befell unexplained deaths while skiing in the Russian mountains in 1959. To this day, their deaths have been one of the most bizarre unsolved mysteries of the 20th century.
    Cool page on the real incident: http://www.ermaktravel.com/Europe/Ru...t%20Syakhl.htm

History Channel piece:

[YOUTUBE]amyY24jP_W4[/YOUTUBE]

The Dyatlov Pass incident resulted in the deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959. It happened on the east shoulder of the mountain Kholat Syakhl (Холат-Сяхыл) (a Mansi name, meaning Mountain of the Dead). The mountain pass where the incident occurred has since been named Dyatlov Pass (Перевал Дятлова) after the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov (Игорь Дятлов).

The lack of eyewitnesses has inspired much speculation. Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident.[1] The chronology of the incident remains unclear because of the lack of survivors.[2][3]

12-year-old Yury Kuntsevich, who would later become head of the Yekaterinburg-based Dyatlov Foundation (see below), attended five of the hikers' funerals and recalls their skin had a "deep brown tan".

The hikers' clothing was found to be highly radioactive.

Another group of hikers (about 50 kilometers south of the incident) reported that they saw strange orange spheres in the night sky to the north (likely in the direction of Kholat Syakhl) on the night of the incident. Similar "spheres" were observed in Ivdel and adjacent areas continually during the period of February to March 1959, by various independent witnesses (including the meteorology service and the military). But these were later proven to be launches of R-7 intercontinental missiles by Eugene Buyanov.

Some reports suggest that there was a great deal of scrap metal in the area, leading to speculation that the military had utilized the area secretly and might have been engaged in a cover-up.

Sounds interesting.

Comment

I've heard of this before, the incident that is, an it's pretty crazy. I had no idea a movie was planned.

Comment

Seems to me I heard about this on an episode of Coast to Coast AM one night long ago, was really interesting. Basically a "Russian Roswell" or something.

Hope it's fairly "real" and faithful to the story and not just a name tie-in cash grab. Not that that would be the worst thing, but would sure be neat to learn more about it.
        Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
        Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
        Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
        The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
        Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
        Nightcore Land Of Confusion
        Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
        Rend Collective My Lighthouse
        Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
        Garbage Special
        Cardigans My Favorite Game
        Living Colour Cult of Personality
        Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
        Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
        Sasha D Russian Girls
        Scatman John Scatman

Comment

[YOUTUBE]FqfQupAZmDY[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

So they're checking out footprints like 60 years later?

Looks a bit Blair Witch-ish in that they're gonna experience the cause of what they go to investigate.

Hopefully they lay out a lot of what is known in addition too the entertainment.
            Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
            Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
            Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
            The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
            Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
            Nightcore Land Of Confusion
            Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
            Rend Collective My Lighthouse
            Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
            Garbage Special
            Cardigans My Favorite Game
            Living Colour Cult of Personality
            Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
            Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
            Sasha D Russian Girls
            Scatman John Scatman

Comment

It's an interesting case. Most theories point to secret weapons experiments, or,.......wait for it..........aliens. Something spooked the group real good, and there is no question that the Russian government tried to cover up the investigation. Perfect fodder for a film.

I gotta say though, that trailer looks weak as shit.

Comment

They should not refer to it as the Untitled Renny Harlan Project is they want my money. Sounds good though.

Comment

I love the idea for the movie, but like Heretic said, the trailer looks fucking horrible. It looks like a Russian made Blair Witch Project, and I'm not ready for another one of those...

Comment

from the reading it sounds interesting

Comment

There's a really good film that can be made from this story. I hope it turns out well. I'll give it a watch.

Comment

I am very excited for this, the international trailer is more creepy to me. I seen them both last night on dread central.

The real story is batshit crazy. One person was missing a tongue and that persons autopsy showed that her stomach was filled with blood meaning it was ripped/torn quickly. It could of been animals eating it but it doesnt sound plausible.

And the investigators found that they cut their tent from the inside which was the back end of their tent. Also very interesting.
                        "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

I remember reading about this a while back, creeped me out. Looks like blair witch like...I'll still watch it though.

Comment

It looks like it could be incredibly slow to get going (like Blair Witch. Not a fan.) and I can see a mountain (no pun intended) of cliches. Hmm, I'll wait and see.
                            ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

This event would make for a far better docu-drama, like Fire In The Sky, than just another run of the mill, found footage horror flick.

Comment

Working...
                              X