Aftershock (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftershock (2012)

Aftershock follows the story of a group of travelers in Chile, who are in an underground nightclub when a massive earthquake hits the city. They quickly learn that reaching the surface is just the beginning of their nightmare.

[YOUTUBE]ax5yTUi-wvY[/YOUTUBE]

"Starring" Eli Roth, Aftershock was a crowd favorite at the Toronto International Film Festival Midnight Madness. It merges three genres...thriller, horror and some comedic moments as well. Maybe I will it give a go on Blu-ray.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

I want to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
      I want to see this.
      Likewise.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

I like the tagline for the film.
        57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Im not too impressed with the trailer honestly

Comment

I started to watch this and got distracted about 30 mins into it, so I stated it over again.

I kept thinking 'maybe it will get better once shit actually starts to go down'... thus I was disappointed.

[SPOILER]Did there really need to be a blatant theme of that chicks regret of abortion. It was said in passing, if they were going to continue to use it as a theme they should have gone into some more detail.
            [/SPOILER]

What could have been a cool idea was spoiled by some poor acting (come on Eli ) and a terrible script.

Comment

This does sound interesting, but I can just see it being one of those really annoying slow-burn films where nothing happens for ages and your stuck with obnoxious characters like in Hostel.

I actually quite like the idea of mixing fun comedy with hard-hitting and disturbing horror. It sounds different. I might get it when I see it in the 3 bin at Asda.
              ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Mehhhh

Comment

Eli Roth presents a movie starring Eli Roth. Lots of quality people involved here.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                    Eli Roth presents a movie starring Eli Roth. Lots of quality people involved here.
                    I like most of Eli's output, but Aftermath is something I would never recommend.

Comment

I really enjoyed this flick. Sure it has flaws, but I was hooked during most of it.

It would definitely suck to be in this kind of situation. This is why I hardly ever travel!

Comment

The acting and everything about this was horrible. Sorry TDE.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                          I really enjoyed this flick. Sure it has flaws, but I was hooked during most of it.

It would definitely suck to be in this kind of situation. This is why I hardly ever travel!
                          I enjoyed it too. The gore was real looking, the story was a good one, the acting was by far better then say the evil dead, and the twist was decent. I've seen far worse that has gotten a helluva lot more of praise. I will get the blu when it comes out for sure.
                          "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

Originally posted by Daenerys View Post
                            I enjoyed it too. The gore was real looking, the story was a good one, the acting was by far better then say the evil dead, and the twist was decent. I've seen far worse that has gotten a helluva lot more of praise. I will get the blu when it comes out for sure.
                            I plan on picking it up as well.

Not sure if this was mentioned on here yet, but the lovely Selena Gomez has a fun cameo. She puts Eli Roth in his place.

Comment

Just caught this on demand the other nite. Had heard alot of negative things about it, and the usual Eli Roth-hatred, but I really wanted to like it. I thought it was a great concept but horribly executed. The storyline went nowhere and there was no really caring about any of the characters. Highly disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X