You're Next (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Next (2013)

A gang of masked murderers descend upon a family reunion, and the victims seem trapped…until an unlikely guest proves to be the most talented killer of all.

[YOUTUBE]ufUQWpEkbf0[/YOUTUBE]

It was shown at various film festivals such as Toronto 2011, Fantastic Fest 2011 and at SXSW 2013. It will get a theatrical release on August 23th, 2013. So far, this good Collider review is available among many others.

I will definitely put that on my radar.
    Last edited by Santa; 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Gotta admit I'm curious about this one but haven't really enjoyed what I've seen from Adam Wingard. I have to check out more of his past work but the two films I checked out didn't really hold my interest. I'm always down for a slasher type film so will give it a chance.

Comment

Didn't like Home Sick, loved A Horrible Way to Die and felt his segments of VHS and ABC's of Death were terrible.

Still interested in this one due to the positive reviews.

Comment

First chance I get to download it I will I will.

Comment

Hugely excited for this. It sounds right up my street!
          ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Wow sounds awesome.

I should watch A Horrible Way to Die...
            sigpic

Comment

With all the positive reviews and the fact that it's been around for quite a while you'd think there would be a gosh darn trailer. Or am I wrong?

Comment

Trailer has me sold Looks like a ton of fun!

Comment

Ive been waiting awhile for this, Im anxious for August.
                  "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                    Trailer has me sold Looks like a ton of fun!

Told ya it's gonna be great!
                    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Home invasion movies freak me out so I'm really looking forward to this. I liked Home Sick by Adam Wingard but thought he had one of the worst segments in V/H/S although that's more due to the writing.

Hope it brings something new to the table tho cause it looks just like The Strangers, Them etc.

Comment

Looks really entertaining, definitely checking this out.

Comment

The reviews have been very positive for this one, and the trailers look excellent.

Definitely be checking this one out.

Comment

There's nothing in the trailer that indicates it will be unlike every other home invasion movie made prior. The writers hopefully have the chops to make this far more interesting than what I think is a kind of a lame sub-genre. Like for example: Are our masked villains positive that no one in the group has a concealed weapon? Are the villains sure that none of the victims have received combat training? The fact that these foes wear ridiculous masks makes me a little apprehensive, as blocking your "early warning" peripheral vision gives you a major disadvantage in combat, particularly the type in which they are engaging. Ah fuck it, nobody cares about attention to detail these days anyhow. Like I said, they better surprise me...

Comment

Originally posted by capecep View Post
                              Are the villains sure that none of the victims have received combat training?
                              That shouldn't matter. If I was to participate in a home invasion, whether the victims have combat training or not wouldn't even be in my list of concerns. I also feel like if I was stalking a group of people for days I would know if they seemed dangerous or not.

There's no way to know for sure, and in a movie like this or in any real life situation similar to this that's just the risk you take as a criminal.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                              X