No announcement yet.

The Purge (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm more looking forward to this than the other upcoming home invasion flick Your Next... it'll be interesting to see which is better. This one definitely has the cast... hopefully it can deliver.

Comment

I saw the trailer when I went to see the new Evil Dead. Love the idea.... its scary to think if it ever became reality.

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

Comment

Originally posted by FukO View Post
        I saw the trailer when I went to see the new Evil Dead. Love the idea.... its scary to think if it ever became reality.
        I know everyone thinks they'd do well in a horror movie situation, (IE end of the world, zombie, camp slasher, etc), but I think my family would actually be fine in this setup. Most of the reason victims die in these movies can be attributed to be caught off-guard or a lack of being prepared. If I had time to get my shit together for this once a year, collect firearms, explosives and fortify my house, I believe I would be more than ready by the time the lawless 12 hour window came. I wouldn't be hunting people down, but anyone that got too near the house would be shot.

Still looking forward to this.

Comment

I love the concept. For a mainstream flick it sounds quite ballsy and the trailer looks good.

I also like Ethan Hawke but I'm sold just on Lena Headey.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
            I love the concept. For a mainstream flick it sounds quite ballsy and the trailer looks good.

I also like Ethan Hawke but I'm sold just on Lena Headey.
            I'm all about her too. Lena Headey has a huge future in horror if she sticks with it, which I think she will. We horror weirdos, tend to be fairly loyal with our horror lady crushes, and the community is crushing on her something fierce.

Comment

It's a Platinum Dunes film so I'll keep my expectations in check with this one.

I might go and see it. I want to support non-supernatural horror flicks.
              Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                I'm all about her too. Lena Headey has a huge future in horror if she sticks with it, which I think she will. We horror weirdos, tend to be fairly loyal with our horror lady crushes, and the community is crushing on her something fierce.
                Fully agree.

She's an actress who's really burst out of the gate.

She's one of the best things about Game Of Thrones and she rocked it in Dredd.

Comment

The trailer connected to Evil Dead was very tense and suspenseful, I love the concept of this film and I'm really looking forward to it...

Comment

I think the only other 'original' horror PD release was The Unborn.

This sure as fuck looks miles better than that shit, though. We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
                      Not my fault PA was the worst thing to happen in cinema history. Well, in the top 3.

And eh, I don't like them. Something simpler normally looks better.

They look like Jay Lenno masks.

The idea is cool though.
                      I agree with you on PA. It was one of those times where I felt like the crazy one for thinking that franchise was a pile of shit while everyone else was eating it up like it was fine pate.

This does look interesting to me though. The masks don't make sense since the point of the 12 the period is you can do whatever the fuck you want and no one will do shit to stop you making the masks unnecessary unless they're wearing them for shits and giggles. I understand that it adds a certain creepiness but still..

Comment

I'll give it a go, but the trailer didn't blow me away.

Comment

I'm kind of stoked about this, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up to much so I won't be disappointed.

Comment

I think this might be a surprise favourite! I'm very excited for it.
                            ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

I've noticed this is starting to get buzz from the casual film viewers just because of its concept, hope its able to deliver something. Like others have mentioned though it just looks like a home invasion flick rather than large scale.

I'll probably check it out at the cinema with expectations in check.

Comment

just another home invasion film with some kind of dystopic, futuristic element tacked onto it for the sake of novelty.

The Strangers meets Soylent Green.

How about a home invasion film involving a houseboat and large, humanoid fish as the interlopers?

....a frat house invaded by a murderous chess club?

...ant hill vs. a lawnmower?

...Barbie Dream House invaded by a bunch of drunk and cantankerous G.I. Joes?

...Jersey Shore house invaded by a bookmobile and a horde of militant librarians?
                                Last edited by Jack the Pin; 05-28-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X