No announcement yet.

Found. {2012}

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I'd noticed this earlier! Just watched the trailer, got myself all excited to see it, and then went to the store on the website and they're sold out...!

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiZeal View Post
      I wish I'd noticed this earlier! Just watched the trailer, got myself all excited to see it, and then went to the store on the website and they're sold out...!
      A U.S DVD and VOD release is coming very soon. I live in the U.K as well and after messaging them on facebook a year ago I managed to order a copy.

It's worth following them on facebook as they are very helpful and reply quickly.

Comment

You can always watch it online. In fact there is a DVD quality streaming link on the website I usually watch movies on.

Comment

I'm going to follow them on facebook but whats the site?

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiZeal View Post
            I'm going to follow them on facebook but whats the site?

http://foundmovie.net/found/

: )

Comment

Thanks I don't want to miss out on this one!

Comment

Wow, this sounds great. I for sure have to check this out!
                "Keep this in mind: I want to watch the world burn."
                - Eric Harris

Comment

Gave this a look last night and...

I did like it. The main kid was somehow the best actor out of the bunch and obviously the gore looked pretty top. I think we all know it had some pretty big issues with some of the dialogue and acting being suspect at many points, neither of which made Found an easy movie to watch but I don't think it's at all fair to criticize those things because of how well it was made otherwise. Only an $8000 budget? That's fucking incredible.

I feel like giving it a 5.5 or 6, which I would give if I HAD to, would undercut how solid the other technical aspects of the film were. The structure of the film was set up perfectly and the narration added some much needed depth in the script. I was worried going about how the "Kid obsessed with horror movies" side of the story was going to be handled but Schirmer showed great self-restraint in not coming across as preachy on either side of that topic.

A+ for the effort!

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

I absolutely loved this movie. You have decent points sev, but that rating seems a bit harsh. It's obviously opinion based, i just can't see this film being rated below a 7 to be honest. The acting wasn't the greatest but this was indie at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                      Gave this a look last night and...

I did like it. The main kid was somehow the best actor out of the bunch and obviously the gore looked pretty top. I think we all know it had some pretty big issues with some of the dialogue and acting being suspect at many points, neither of which made Found an easy movie to watch but I don't think it's at all fair to criticize those things because of how well it was made otherwise. Only an $8000 budget? That's fucking incredible.

I feel like giving it a 5.5 or 6, which I would give if I HAD to, would undercut how solid the other technical aspects of the film were. The structure of the film was set up perfectly and the narration added some much needed depth in the script. I was worried going about how the "Kid obsessed with horror movies" side of the story was going to be handled but Schirmer showed great self-restraint in not coming across as preachy on either side of that topic.

A+ for the effort!
                      You really can't penalize independent films based one their acting... Don't get me wrong some have absolutely amazing performances (Pieces of Talent) others don't, like this one. And, many others.

The fact that they are indie grants them a pass for me on the acting. So it doesn't effect my judgement, as it's kind of expected.
                      A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

I'll criticize indie films for bad acting if it harms the movie but in Found I thought the acting was sufficient, perhaps a few awkward moments but nothing more.

That being said I think people are too lenient on indie films as I see far too many that are unoriginal, unskilled and ironically cashing in on depravity. Found isn't guilty of this though, it's a superb effort.

I wish I saw Pieces of Talent while it was free over Xmas, I started watching it but was too tired .

Comment

Originally posted by Seikotik View Post
                          I absolutely loved this movie. You have decent points sev, but that rating seems a bit harsh. It's obviously opinion based, i just can't see this film being rated below a 7 to be honest. The acting wasn't the greatest but this was indie at its finest.
                          Are we talking about micro budget extreme films such as this or low budget horror in general?

Not like a 5.5 or 6 is oceans below a 7 or anything

Originally posted by Oxley View Post
                          You really can't penalize independent films based one their acting... Don't get me wrong some have absolutely amazing performances (Pieces of Talent) others don't, like this one. And, many others.

The fact that they are indie grants them a pass for me on the acting. So it doesn't effect my judgement, as it's kind of expected.
                          I mentioned in my post that I don't think it's fair to criticize the film for those things because of how well the rest of the film is made but it did provide an uneasy viewing experience and my overall impression of the movie suffers because of that.

Maybe I'll learn to not be bothered by the performances if I start watching more underground shit but as of now they do irritate me.

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                          I wish I saw Pieces of Talent while it was free over Xmas, I started watching it but was too tired .
                          I was going to watch it but I forgot about it

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

I cannot wait for Pieces of Talent to ship out. Been waiting insanely patiently for it.

Comment

DVDs coming 9/23 in the US and 10/13 in the UK -- pre-order now at Amazon!
                              US: http://amzn.com/B00L1WJESA
                              UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JQB3HUE

https://www.facebook.com/foundmovie

Comment

Have to say I LOVED FOUND. Never had any issues with the acting in it but then that is me. I really dug the characters and just cannot fault any of it, even my adopted Dad who complains about stuff like that dug it.

But anyway exciting stuff with the new release, especially with the HEADLESS short amongst the special features…unless you buy the Aussie version

Comment

Working...
                                X