CLUE-esque Comedy (80's?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLUE-esque Comedy (80's?)

I once saw on cable a mystery-comedy in the vein of CLUE '85, expect with horror overtones, where several folks are invited to a soiree. I thought it starred John Astin and Carol Kane (the latter was faking muteness and was +the killer), but no imdb listing matches the synopsis. It seemed like an 80's movie. Any ideas?

There was this:

A financier [Chevy Chase] meets a spurned lover [Demi Moore] and agrees to take her to a business meeting. On the way there, they run a stop sign in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. They are arrested and taken to the local court. But all is not as it seems: the courthouse and the "prison" are a maze of zany booby- traps and deadly contraptions. The antics of the captured couple as they try to escape from the mad judge and his bizarre family make up the rest of this unusual film.
    I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
      There was this:

A financier [Chevy Chase] meets a spurned lover [Demi Moore] and agrees to take her to a business meeting. On the way there, they run a stop sign in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. They are arrested and taken to the local court. But all is not as it seems: the courthouse and the "prison" are a maze of zany booby- traps and deadly contraptions. The antics of the captured couple as they try to escape from the mad judge and his bizarre family make up the rest of this unusual film.
      Nope. For a seocnd, I thought it might be Murder By Death, which features a mute maid, but that's also incorrect.

Comment

House of the Long Shadows?

Comment

Could it be Transylvannia 6-5000? Carol Kane was in that.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X