This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
    1350 quid with a wide angle lens and telephoto lens aswell as the stock one. Quite a bargain (I think). I used my uni loan to pay for it.
    That's pretty cool. I've been keeping an eye on this one:

http://www.worten.pt/ProductDetail.a...908711&oid=&c=

As soon as I have the money, that baby's mine! MINE I TELLZ YOU!!!

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

• Originally posted by SYL View Post
      That's pretty cool. I've been keeping an eye on this one:

http://www.worten.pt/ProductDetail.a...908711&oid=&c=

As soon as I have the money, that baby's mine! MINE I TELLZ YOU!!!
      That's a sweet one. I'm lucky enough that I don't have to buy a camera til after I graduate, since I can rent out any camera and film stuff.
      Recently watched films:

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie: (7.5/10)
      The Hurt Locker: (8.75/10)
      Raging Bull: (10.0/10)
      Umberto D.: (10.0/10)
      The Wild Bunch: (9.5/10)
      Ordinary People: (10.0/10)
      Food Inc.: (8.0/10)
      Road to Perdition: (8.5/10)

Comment

Yeah. I won't be making any full films for a while yet as I need some lights. I do have one planned, but I have to get used to the camera first.
        Thats sweet dude!!! I wish I could get my movie idea up and running but it would cost much more than I have. I'm still working on it tho.

Comment

• Nice vid, I really wanted to see Anton though, I would post a video me and some friends made BUT I can't seem to figure out how on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBrown View Post
            Nice vid, I really wanted to see Anton though, I would post a video me and some friends made BUT I can't seem to figure out how on here.
            Yeah, I don't know when part 2 will be up on youtube, but I'll put it up when I get it.
            Recently watched films:

Comment

• Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
              That's a sweet one. I'm lucky enough that I don't have to buy a camera til after I graduate, since I can rent out any camera and film stuff.
              I can rent out a camera form my Uni every now and again but where I'd love to get in to cinematography and lighting I thought it would be better to have my own to fuck around with. Then I'm going to buy a 16mm

Comment

• Here's my 24 hour film festival vid, but the quality is pretty bad on youtube, and I didn't like it at all. I chose bad kids to work with, and it turned out like shit.

Part 1
                [YOUTUBE]vzDXWzaOdmA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2
                [YOUTUBE]n73UzmeYyB0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

It's a 70's cop drama parody. Enjoy this load of shit put together in 24 hours.
                Recently watched films:

Comment

• I'm looking to buy a decent camera around the 1g range...any ideas on what I should get and what format? MINI-DV, etc.

Comment

I'm looking to buy a decent camera around the 1g range...any ideas on what I should get and what format? MINI-DV, etc.
                    It's tough getting a professional camera for around 1000. Can't go wrong with Canon's, especially the XL2's. Here's one for almost 2,000. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...L_Mini_DV.html
                    Recently watched films:

Comment

• Nice looking camera, and it's MINI-DV correct? I'd love to have a nice MINI-DV because it has better quality when it comes to editing than anything digital and I can't afford to buy film until after I finish school. Only problem with that camera you sent me is it's a PAL camera, do they have that specific one in NTSC?

Comment

Nice looking camera, and it's MINI-DV correct? I'd love to have a nice MINI-DV because it has better quality when it comes to editing than anything digital and I can't afford to buy film until after I finish school. Only problem with that camera you sent me is it's a PAL camera, do they have that specific one in NTSC?
                        They do. It shouldn't really matter though, I have an NTSC camera yet live in the UK. The Pal ones are actually better though as they have slightly higher resolution.

Comment

I took the plunge and bought a Canon XL2. Eek!
                          When u get your beauty, give us a little rundown/review. Maybe some test shots.

Would like to see the difference compared to my XL1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stument View Post
                            When u get your beauty, give us a little rundown/review. Maybe some test shots.

Would like to see the difference compared to my XL1.
                            Sure will. I'm thinking of taking it out to a golf range for a few test shots when I get it, I'll post the results afterwards.

Comment

• I bought a Canon HDV 1080i miniDV camera a few months back. It was the only one I could afford at the time. It fell right around a grand, including a pack of miniDV tapes. This is the camera: http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/...Untitled-1.jpg

I haven't gotten a chance to really use it except for a few times. My friend has an HD TV that supports 1080i and we shot a fake interview a few months ago and checked it out. It looked AWESOME!

I'm moving to a new place so I haven't had a chance to really test it out. But from what I can see from the previous tries, like almost every other camera, the mic sucks! I want to buy a mic to hook up to the camera. I just dont know which one. There's a lot but I honestly don't know much about mics! Does anyone have any recommendations? Something not TOO cheap but affordable and reliable. Thanks!

For those who are interested, I've made a few videos in my senior and junior year of high school with my gf and partner. you can check out our videos here:
                              http://youtube.com/ManifestProduction

All of them were shot with my schools cameras. All except one, this one:
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=mtaGpkzFJqw

It's my freidns first time directing. The audio was really bad 'cause there was a party next door so my partner and I decided to make it a silent film instead. We got saved!

http://www.myspace.com/manid_13

Comment

• Originally posted by Bela Lugosi III View Post
                                I bought a Canon HDV 1080i miniDV camera a few months back. It was the only one I could afford at the time. It fell right around a grand, including a pack of miniDV tapes. This is the camera: http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/...Untitled-1.jpg

I haven't gotten a chance to really use it except for a few times. My friend has an HD TV that supports 1080i and we shot a fake interview a few months ago and checked it out. It looked AWESOME!

I'm moving to a new place so I haven't had a chance to really test it out. But from what I can see from the previous tries, like almost every other camera, the mic sucks! I want to buy a mic to hook up to the camera. I just dont know which one. There's a lot but I honestly don't know much about mics! Does anyone have any recommendations? Something not TOO cheap but affordable and reliable. Thanks!

For those who are interested, I've made a few videos in my senior and junior year of high school with my gf and partner. you can check out our videos here:
                                http://youtube.com/ManifestProduction

All of them were shot with my schools cameras. All except one, this one:
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=mtaGpkzFJqw

It's my freidns first time directing. The audio was really bad 'cause there was a party next door so my partner and I decided to make it a silent film instead. We got saved!

I watched the video Amor Concente 3 of 3 or whatever...and it was a bunch of guys grinding on each other. Um, wow?

Comment

Working...
                                X