Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, i have just finished filming a short piece (In My Signature) Titled The Mad Hatter.

It was for my course in college where we had to create a short video.
    I Decided to make a slight british feel version of the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre Introduction.

Including all the Evidence, Forensics and a walk through.

It was filmed using a Canon XL1 and edited using Premiere Pro 2.0

Next project will hopefully be a Grindhouse trailer Titled : Slashomania

Comment

Wow not bad, real effective short, the narration let it down a bit. Brilliant editing though.
      Last edited by depecheanix; 05-18-2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

I lack on the whole Narration and Acting of films all the time, but seem to make up for it when it comes to the edit, which is my strongest area.

Have any of your pieces i can take a ganders at?

Comment

yeah man, great editing. slick and cohesive

Comment

Originally posted by milby trillion View Post
            yeah man, great editing. slick and cohesive
            Agreed good job!

Comment

Im gonna make a special effect gore movie tonight by myself, hahaha. I cant wait to see it turn out.

Comment

well im about half way through, its going good. It's actually going to be a trailer instead...more fun.

Comment

just finished filming, jesus it was tough getting a decent blood spraying from the eye shot on your own.
                  Can anyone give me a good title? Its about a cyborg who kills people with an axe.

Comment

I just finished editing my movie, its on youtube now, but I want to change the music, any suggestions?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F14mJMkF0bw

Comment

*Ignore* (Double Posted)

Comment

You could have recorded much better sound, it seems the sound Quality lets it down, u can hear like the FUZZ of the room noise.

Also your cutting to different scenes/shots isnt very good, it has jumps and u can tell u have stopped the camera and repositioned it to set shots up.

Like the blood effect!

Just a guess. Was this piece edited using Movie Maker?

Comment

Here is another one of my College Productions from Last year.

Title - Mr Saunders

its pretty much a SAW Editing Rip off Scene and a Hostel Torture Rip off scene, was good to film - Bad Acting

We had to make a piece which shows how TV Shows are filmed, with all the cuts to different angles with out you actually telling a difference. If you know what i mean.

Filmed using a Basic Panasonic Handy cam
                          Sound Recorded with Merance E660
                          Editied with Premeire Pro 1.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-gh9rH-P4

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stument View Post
                            We had to make a piece which shows how TV Shows are filmed, with all the cuts to different angles with out you actually telling a difference. If you know what i mean.
                            I guess you mean it makes the cut's seem less jarring? They flow better together, the best thing to do is cut mid action that way everything flows better as one peice instead of just a sequence of static shots. When people wait for every action to finish before cutting to the next shot it gives off an amature feel it seems because you can almost envision the director shouting stop. Sure you don't always have to cut mid action but some people seem to wait for everything to finish before cutting to the next shot all the time which makes it a bit jarring.

Hopefully I understood what you meant.

Comment

^ Haha yeah sums it up pretty good

Comment

I'm guessing your from the UK? Are you studying film at any university?

Comment

Working...
                                X