This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hilti De-walt
    The material that you slide the DVD in the back part, scrpaes the dvds up, I have a bunch of DVDs I use to put in my carrying case for my portable DVD player, and noticed all the ones in there have light shades of scratches all over them, thats what im assuming he mans.
    that sucks. I have a book I keep all of mine in but they are in good condition though. Looks like Im going to have to start getting some jewel cases.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

keep them outta the sunlight or really warm places.if you have a bookfull,the heat and the weight will leave start to leave marks on the discs,most books have those lil felt bubbles or w/e those are the wosrt.they'll leave those lil circles all over the backs.had a bookfull of cdr's I used to leave in my car,that really fucked'em up.
      Last edited by Lord of Terror; 09-25-2006, 12:12 PM.
      My DVD's
      { Platinum Trader +142}

Comment

I leave them out of the heat and use Sony DVDrs because they are climate controlled or some shit. The sheaths in the book are like felt wavy lines. Its been doing a good jog so far, but I think I am going to pick up some cases.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

I keep all my dvd's in a big book, i haven't seen any scratches on them.I don't have the room nor the money to go buying jewel cases.And Makabre i used to print covers for my dvd-r's but it took to much money buying ink cartridges and dvd cases.
          My DVD List
          Sig made by slasherman
          My Wishlist

Comment

Originally posted by trinidadpr87
            I keep all my dvd's in a big book, i haven't seen any scratches on them.I don't have the room nor the money to go buying jewel cases.And Makabre i used to print covers for my dvd-r's but it took to much money buying ink cartridges and dvd cases.
            how long have you had them in a book?

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaw Suicide
              I leave them out of the heat and use Sony DVDrs because they are climate controlled or some shit. The sheaths in the book are like felt wavy lines. Its been doing a good jog so far, but I think I am going to pick up some cases.
              FYE sells Jewel cases 40 for $7.99 or 50 fopr $9.99, so i spend $20 and get 100, you cant go wront, and dont know where there cheaper anywhere else.

By the way got your movie today, trhanks man, ytours is going out this weekend.

Comment

got 400 7mm for $90 of ebay,not the best quality,but for the price,they work...
                My DVD's
                { Platinum Trader +142}

Comment

how long have you had them in a book?
                  Well i had my boxing dvd's in there for about a year and saw no scratching and i've i had my movies in there for about 5 months and like i said no scratches.
                  My DVD List
                  Sig made by slasherman
                  My Wishlist

Comment

Originally posted by trinidadpr87
                    Well i had my boxing dvd's in there for about a year and saw no scratching and i've i had my movies in there for about 5 months and like i said no scratches.
                    Cool. Maybe if I start noticing some scratches I will switch to jewel cases.

Comment

A quick question...

Does anyone know a suggested burn speed for ripping dvds?

Comment

Does anyone know a suggested burn speed for ripping dvds?
                        my burner and discs go 16x but I get errors a lot when I go that fast.I'd say set it as fast as possible,then work your way back to see which speed allows you to burn w/out errors.I burn @12x with no problems.the slower the better tho,at least with music on cd's,you go too fast and you might not get all the data transfered.
                        Last edited by Lord of Terror; 10-02-2006, 05:46 PM.
                        My DVD's
                        { Platinum Trader +142}

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Terror
                          my burner and discs go 16x but I get errors a lot when I go that fast.I'd say set it as fast as possible,then work your way back to see which speed allows you to burn w/out errors.I burn @12x with no problems.the slower the better tho,at least with music on cd's,you go too fast and you might not get all the data transfered.
                          Ok, just checking. I burn usually at 8x.

Comment

I guess i'll chime in here. Ive been trading since the damn internal burners were released to the public, and aside from packaging problems, and slopping writing (which I can deal with), I cannot deal with people who think its cool to run dvd shrink and compress the damn dvd on the fly. Not only does it produce a piece of shit, it makes my blood pressure go through the fucking roof. I'll be flat out and say this here. If you send me a disc that was sent through DVD shrink or whatever program, and I can tell it was sent through on the fly, you will have your shit returned to you and will request mine back. Sure, it'll give you time to burn my shit (quality shit), and I dont really care, so long as I dont have a turd in my collection. TAKE THE FUCKING TIME TO RIP THE DAMN DVD TO THE HARDDRIVE!!!! Now, that my little rant is over, any packaging is ok by me so long the discs arent loose. If you cant write for shit, or your writing looks like you just finished elementary school, be considerate.

Oh, and my preferred writing speed is 4x
                            [URL="http://skankenstein.filmaf.com/owned[/URL]

Comment

One more thing. I have about 6-8 GB of high quality, high resolution cover art, that has been either scanned by me or collected by me. If anyone has a scanner and the original sleeve art, please say so before continuing a trade with me... You might be missing out...
                              [URL="http://skankenstein.filmaf.com/owned[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by skankenstein
                                If you send me a disc that was sent through DVD shrink or whatever program
                                how do You rip a dvd-9? You MUST run it through a shrinking program and the quality will not be the same
                                on a 4,7GB dvd disc than it was on a double layer dvd (obviously).
                                And a lot of people here seems to have copies and might not be aware of what program was used to rip (I can't tell) so You send them back even though the original wasn't ripped by them? Doesn't sound fair.

I also recommend not burning at the certified speed,and definitely DO NOT overspeed on 8X discs.
                                Last edited by makabre; 10-04-2006, 02:42 AM.
                                My DAF list
                                Wanted DVDs

Comment

Working...
                                X