This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading/Selling etiquette...

I've contacted a few people here and asked them for some tips as far as what they expect when trading or selling discs on this site.this thread is an attempt to nip any problems in the bud before they occur...

New Traders

Noone wants to get ripped off!Only an asshole would stiff someone for dvd's...new traders should always expect to send 1st until you build a reputation as a trusted trader.You can look through the following threads to check the person's feedback you're trading with.

The Trader Overview (Updated)

Good/Bad Traders

Labeling Discs

A lot of people prefer to lable their own discs rather than having the person they're trading with's chicken sratch on their discs...you could lable on the outside of the discs sleeves,such as front disc = (title here) middle disc,back disc,or use post-it notes.

Shipping

When sending discs,try to use those paper disc envelopes or a makeshift envelope out of computer/construction paper.napkins,paper towel,newsprint,etc,etc should all be unacceptable.You should be able to find the disc envelopes at wal-mart for a decent price,aviod office supply stores if possible,they can be fairly expensive from such places when you consider what it is you're actually buying..If you trade frequently,you should accumulate enough w/out the need to buy any.

Feedback

Positive feedback should be left as soon as you receive your discs & everything is as agreed upon prior to your trade, or as soon as possible...

If you have any issues with the person you traded with,try to resolve the issue with said person before leaving negative feedback.There are some damn good people trading on this site & most times things can be worked out between the two of you(I speak from personal experience on this one.)

Your Collection

If the discs you are being asked for are movie only,no menus,shit quality,or damaged in any way,please let the person you're trading with know prior to the trade.I know most people do a good job of labeling their dvdaf lists but sometimes things can slip past you.Also do your best to lable how many discs each movie/box set is,so it's eaiser for people to know how many discs they're trading for.Region lableling is critical,not everyone has the capability to play any region discs.

A lot of people have their location listed in their profile,but some dont.It's nice to know where the person you're trading with lives before you agree to trade.

Disc Condition

Dont send people discs that are beat to hell,all trades should be on brand new dvdr's...

if anyone has anything they'd like to add,feel free to do so.
    Last edited by Lord of Terror; 03-10-2007, 08:35 AM.
    My DVD's
    { Platinum Trader +142}

lord, excellent post. I would add that the trade isn't over until both traders are satifisfied. I hope the mods make this a sticky. staffino

MOVIE/TV TRADELIST
    MUSIC TRADELIST

Comment

this is very cool.i just started trading on here about a month ago and didnt know how to send the movies like with the titles written on them or what. also didnt know it was a big deal if a disk was a movie only or a full back up.but i learn new stuff with every trade.this thread will be very helpfull for new traders
      always down for a trade.http://knuckleboom31.dvdaf.com/?count=dvds

sigpic

Comment

Id like to see more people say how many fucking discs are in the box set or TV season on there lists, I tiered of looking that shit up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_logan360
          Id like to see more people say how many fucking discs are in the box set or TV season on there lists, I tiered of looking that shit up myself.
          i always do this. i also started listing if its a foreign film if it has english dub or subs.
          My Shop for rare VHS tapes:
          http://www.amazon.com/shops/A2Z0KH3R2P70O9

Comment

That's going to be my project while I'm out of work for the next couple weeks, along with adding if a movie is a DVDr, full backup or movie only.

Anything else that should be listed?
            A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
            My Movies

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Terror
              I've contacted a few people here and asked them for some tips as far as what they expect when trading or selling discs on this site.this thread is an attempt to nip any problems in the bud before they occur...

Labeling Discs

A lot of people prefer to lable their own discs rather than having the person they're trading with's chicken sratch on their discs...you could lable on the outside of the discs sleeves,such as front disc = (title here) middle disc,back disc,or use post-it notes.

Shipping

When sending discs,try to use those paper disc envelopes or a makeshift envelope out of computer/construction paper.napkins,paper towel,newsprint,etc,etc should all be unacceptable.You should be able to find the disc envelopes at wal-mart for a decent price,aviod office supply stores if possible,they can be fairly expensive from such places when you consider what it is you're actually buying..If you trade frequently,you should accumulate enough w/out the need to buy any.

Feedback

Positive feedback should be left as soon as you receive your discs & everything is as agreed upon prior to your trade, or as soon as possible...

If you have any issues with the person you traded with,try to resolve the issue with said person before leaving negative feedback.There are some damn good people trading on this site & most times things can be worked out between the two of you(I speak from personal experience on this one.)

Your Collection

If the discs you are being asked for are movie only,no menus,shit quality,or damaged in any way,please let the person you're trading with know prior to the trade.I know most people do a good job of labeling their dvdaf lists but sometimes things can slip past you.

A lot of people have their location listed in their profile,but some dont.It's nice to know where the person you're trading with lives before you agree to trade.

if a mod/admin could make this a sticky it'd be much appreciated.
              Labeling Discs
              I usually like labeling my DVDR's with a p-touch label maker, but recently havent cared much. Peckwest for example is a very neat write and if everyone wrote on my discs like he did , i would have no problems, right now Im feeling out everyones hand writting , so i will know who to not let label my films.

Shipping
              I always ship first class, occasionally Priority depending the situation. the ones who send media mail, will get that sent to them, first class people get first class and priority people get priority mail. Its only right, and I always let them know when i will be mailing.

Feedback
              I just got 3 packages about 30 minutes and was going to do so right now.

Your Collection
              Do the best i can labeling things, fif i miss one or 2 ohwell, when im told i could work something out to replace it. First i would like to know where it skipped i will check my movie then if it does replace it. But I label everything as best as i can, when you got hundreds or thousands of movies its hard to keep track of every little thing.

Just read my avatar its right there like always.

Comment

Originally posted by GratefulGecko
                That's going to be my project while I'm out of work for the next couple weeks, along with adding if a movie is a DVDr, full backup or movie only.

Anything else that should be listed?

I try to put if it is 2 discs, etc. Which one I have.A Full Backup, just the Movie, not the version listed. If it is VHS Rip or Homemade. If it is a shitty copy or skips a lot. If it has no listing in DVDAficionado.Just off the top of my head.

Good Job, Lord...

Comment

Labeling Discs

Shipping

Feedback

Your Collection

If the discs you are being asked for are movie only,no menus,shit quality,or damaged in any way,please let the person you're trading with know prior to the trade.I know most people do a good job of labeling their dvdaf lists but sometimes things can slip past you.

if a mod/admin could make this a sticky it'd be much appreciated.
                  you need to put a section about the quality and neatness the DVDRs sent to people are in, I have gotten some nasty scuffed up DVDRs from peopl a couple times, and its uncalled for send brand new shit or if shit is sent to you send shit back.

Im neat and keep my shit mint for myself and as well when i send to others. To send people back fucked up DVDR's well its disrespectful, rude and arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilti De-walt
                    you need to put a section about the quality and neatness the DVDRs sent to people are in, I have gotten some nasty scuffed up DVDRs from peopl a couple times, and its uncalled for send brand new shit or if shit is sent to you send shit back.

Im neat and keep my shit mint for myself and as well when i send to others. To send people back fucked up DVDR's well its disrespectful, rude and arrogant.
                    Ya I would say always send new copies to people, not make new copies for yourself and send us your old shit.

Comment

With multiple DVD releases across the globe,it would be important to list the versions You have.
                      Just note the distributor's name besides the title (Anchor Bay,Blue Undie,Vipco,etc...).
                      If You have a DAF listing,then pick the correct version to display.

That's about it, I have no other complaints whatsoever with my trades.
                      My DAF list
                      Wanted DVDs

Comment

Ya I would say always send new copies to people, not make new copies for yourself and send us your old shit.
                        well thats what i got from some one on this board Joesmith32, and Im currently debating if im even going to send them the discs i burned for him, or just give them away.

The people I traded with on here and have recieved my shit and will receive my stuff will be perfect brand new unmarked DVDRs cause I care what i give people, like I care for my own shit. if I wouldnt like it im not gnna give it.

If he sends me new mint DVDR's when i get them i will mail mine out to him, if not well, i dont think im mailing him shit. maybe fucked up, but he obviousley didnt give a fuck when he sent me his dogged up shit, basically in so many words he saying to me" fuck you", its no respect. Plus the copy of Hardgore is horrible the worst trasfer I have ver seen, and wanst even told. So i will keep the 4 and he wont get nothing from me.
                        Last edited by Hilti De-walt; 09-24-2006, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilti De-walt
                          Labeling Discs
                          I usually like labeling my DVDR's with a p-touch label maker, but recently havent cared much. Peckwest for example is a very neat write and if everyone wrote on my discs like he did , i would have no problems, right now Im feeling out everyones hand writting , so i will know who to not let label my films.

Shipping
                          I always ship first class, occasionally Priority depending the situation. the ones who send media mail, will get that sent to them, first class people get first class and priority people get priority mail. Its only right, and I always let them know when i will be mailing.

Feedback
                          I just got 3 packages about 30 minutes and was going to do so right now.

Your Collection
                          Do the best i can labeling things, fif i miss one or 2 ohwell, when im told i could work something out to replace it. First i would like to know where it skipped i will check my movie then if it does replace it. But I label everything as best as i can, when you got hundreds or thousands of movies its hard to keep track of every little thing.

Just read my avatar its right there like always.
                          thank you for that compliment dude, i do take some pride in my disc labeling

EDIT - just read your post right above mine hilti, and people definatly need to send the new copies. it pisses me off when people burn themselves the new ones then send old junk, like its not completely obvious when its 9 different types of dvdrs with different handwriting on them all.
                          dvdaficionado
                          pm me if you're interested, i live in NEW YORK

Comment

Disc Condition

Dont send people discs that are beat to hell,all trades should be on brand new dvdr's...

Thanks that is a major issue. good job bro.

Comment

Just out of curiousity, I was wondering how you guys store your dvds. Do you keep them in the jewel cases? Or a cd/dvd book?

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

Working...
                              X