Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would somebody mind explaining more in depth what the reputation points are all about? i clicked on somebody elses at random and it said approve or disapprove? with an option to comment on them. if you disapprove does their reputation points go down? is there somewhere you can check what comments people posted on your own reputation thing?
    much appreciated if somebody can explain or point me to where the info's at. cheers

Comment

Originally posted by milby trillion View Post
      would somebody mind explaining more in depth what the reputation points are all about? i clicked on somebody elses at random and it said approve or disapprove? with an option to comment on them. if you disapprove does their reputation points go down?
      Yes, but it depends on how many points you have. Their rep will only go down half as many points as you have. Like, if you have 50, and they have 100, and you decide to rep them down, they will only go down 25 points. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure.
      is there somewhere you can check what comments people posted on your own reputation thing?
      User CP.
      much appreciated if somebody can explain or point me to where the info's at. cheers
      Hope that helps.
      You read my sig, that's enough social activity for one day.

Comment

would somebody mind explaining more in depth what the reputation points are all about?
        as far as i know, theres never been an official explanation.

i clicked on somebody elses at random and it said approve or disapprove? with an option to comment on them. if you disapprove does their reputation points go down?
        yes.

is there somewhere you can check what comments people posted on your own reputation thing?
        click the user cp link at the top of the screen.

edit - i updated the noobs thread to include this info about where to check your rep comments.
        Last edited by SkInWaLkEr; 03-12-2007, 07:15 PM.

Comment

thanks to both of you. you both get a reputation point for it

Comment

would somebody mind explaining more in depth what the reputation points are all about? i clicked on somebody elses at random and it said approve or disapprove? with an option to comment on them. if you disapprove does their reputation points go down? is there somewhere you can check what comments people posted on your own reputation thing?

I truly don't mean to sound rude at all, but reputation points mean absolutely nothing. One of the mods were asked about it, and they just said it was for fun. You can turn them off and it stops recording reputation points.

You don't get a gold star if you get to 100 points. In fact, it probably means you're boring. If someone doesn't agree with one of your posts, you'll hear about it. They won't bother disapproving your reputation points.

But, if you're worried about it, I'll give you some.

Comment

Originally posted by caustic_coffee View Post
              I truly don't mean to sound rude at all, but reputation points mean absolutely nothing. One of the mods were asked about it, and they just said it was for fun. You can turn them off and it stops recording reputation points.

You don't get a gold star if you get to 100 points. In fact, it probably means you're boring. If someone doesn't agree with one of your posts, you'll hear about it. They won't bother disapproving your reputation points.

But, if you're worried about it, I'll give you some.
              no, i was just curious because i've never seen it before and thought maybe it meant something. it does seem pretty meaningless though now i know what they're for.
              how many points did you say you're gonna give me?

Comment

Thanks for a quick tips...I was searching for some answers and found them here. Thanks!

Comment

why not pics of hitler

Comment

Originally posted by the_zombie_kraken View Post
                    why not pics of hitler
                    why would you want to post pics of that piece of shit? as for an answer, its because of what he stood/stands for.

Comment

That was quite helpful.

Comment

how many points did you say you're gonna give me?
                        You don't set the amount of rep points given...it depends on how many points the person has who is giving them to you.

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. It's a lot of help.

My DVDs
                          http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...=michelle+anne

Comment

Originally posted by stereobones View Post
                            Thanks for posting this. It's a lot of help.
                            your welcome!

Comment

Oh...can you also mention that a lot of the members are incredibly sarcastic and generally their comments are not meant to be taken offensively? I believe it scares away some of the new members...

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
                                Oh...can you also mention that a lot of the members are incredibly sarcastic and generally their comments are not meant to be taken offensively? I believe it scares away some of the new members...

The fuck we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X