Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another newbie snuck through the fence...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie snuck through the fence...

Hello! I'm one of those "longtime fan of the site, just joining the forum now because I was woken up by a text at 6 am, couldn't fall back to sleep, so I started looking up horror movies and decided to sign up" common things.

So I do love scary movies, but I also love horror fiction. So. Hi, and I can't wait to disajjoint you with mu typoes!

Hi there! Welcome to BD! What sort of horror films and fiction do you like? I have a vampire fiction novella that was published in 2011 but oddly Im not a big reader. Anyway I hope you like it here.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, Frey! Congrats on the novella, who's the publisher? I only finally got my first publishing credit last year, but writing is pretty much my life. Screenplays and stories, it's all terrible.

Fiction horror-wise I love Clive Barker, Joe Lansdale, David J. Schow and any story that can mix a great prose style with unusual ideas.

Movies I'm all over the place! Some of my faces from the various genres I love are STREET TRASH, THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES, MADHOUSE, HORROR OF DRACULA, BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, NIGHT OF THE CREEPS, MARTYRS, THE OMEN, F13: THE FINAL CHAPTER, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, OPERA, KILL BABY KILL, EVIL DEAD 2 and HELLRAISER just to name a very few.

Comment

Hola and welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by KittenInTheBrain View Post
          Thank you for the welcome, Frey! Congrats on the novella, who's the publisher? I only finally got my first publishing credit last year, but writing is pretty much my life. Screenplays and stories, it's all terrible.

Fiction horror-wise I love Clive Barker, Joe Lansdale, David J. Schow and any story that can mix a great prose style with unusual ideas.

Movies I'm all over the place! Some of my faces from the various genres I love are STREET TRASH, THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES, MADHOUSE, HORROR OF DRACULA, BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, NIGHT OF THE CREEPS, MARTYRS, THE OMEN, F13: THE FINAL CHAPTER, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, OPERA, KILL BABY KILL, EVIL DEAD 2 and HELLRAISER just to name a very few.
          That is really cool that you are published as well. My book is through Damnation Books. I kinda fucked myself there though with them because Im getting hardly any sales and 0 promotion on their end and Im stuck with them until 2016.

Comment

Welcome to BD, love your name! A Fulci fan I presume?

Comment

Welcome to the insane asylum

Comment

Originally posted by KittenInTheBrain View Post
                Hello! I'm one of those "longtime fan of the site, just joining the forum now because I was woken up by a text at 6 am, couldn't fall back to sleep, so I started looking up horror movies and decided to sign up" common things.

So I do love scary movies, but I also love horror fiction. So. Hi, and I can't wait to disajjoint you with mu typoes!
                It's always nice to see more horror fans, but I'm much more excited to have another fan of horror fiction. It's such a word-of-mouth genre, I'm always looking for more horror novel recommendations.

Welcome.

Comment

Thank you for the welcomes!

Bear Jew- I am a maaaasssive Fulci fan, I'm happy the username was obvious right off!

Caustic- Hell yeah, I was so excited to see a fiction subforum here!
                  Last edited by KittenInTheBrain; 02-02-2013, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Welcome to horror fanatics

Comment

Welcome to BD Legacy!

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Would you like some candy???

Comment

G'day and welcome!
                          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                          Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                          My little idiot..

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here.

Comment

Take gwally's candy and enjoy the madness here. Don't be shy, we won't bite ya.
                              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                              X