This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy vs Jason

I was watching this last night and couldnt help my self but to start a thread. My G.F brought this for me and thank god cause I would never waste my money on this. I did pay to see it in the theatres.

Am I the only one who thought that this flick was absolute garbage. I read some where or heard that they had to write the scrpit 15 times to get it perfect if so this is what they come up with, maybe they should have gave the movie to some one else to write or direct whatever.

I mean not only is there just a numerous amount of corny and dumb lines as well as dialogue, but every time they show Jason they play the trade mark sound in the back round whcih gets annoying also Freddy's continuous use of the word bitch ( which I dont get is it suppose to be funny or cool ).Since when did Freddy get his 3rd degree black belt. As well as Freddy talking to the screen saying " My powers aint strong enough lets let Jason have some fun" I meran are you kidding me, what are they trying to let the viewers feel a connection with the movie, there are about 3 more lines I could think of off the top of my head that are just as bad another is when they try figure out what is going on and coinsidently guess exactly what is going, exactly what a guess they say something like this """maybe freddys powers are to weak so he woke JAson to do the killing till freddy is strong again""". Another corny scene was when Jason turns into the kid and he is on the floor wearing the mask, i mean that was absolutley bad and I guess was meant to make all the original fans say wow look how they are briging it back to the original... CORNY>>>>

I think this movie was intended more the kids of this generation then the ones who grew up watching the orifginal Freddy and Jason. They made Freddy and Jason seem more funny and made them to be more fun than what they should have this seemed like a teeny bopper horror movie.

this movie was so bad I cant get over it it could have been somuch better IMO, as for a part 2 I will rent it cause Jason is in it, but RENT thats all.

Sorry to bitch and moan but when i walked out the theatres I was in complete shcok at how bad it was.

Have you ever watched any of the Friday the 13th Movies, or the Nightmare on Elm Street movies? Freddy is a wisecracking loony in those as well. The trademark Jason sound plays whenever we see him in the F13 movies as well. That's what I don't understand about people complaining about this movie. It's really not that different from the two films it came from. Which is why I personally enjoy it.

Comment

I loved it. It's smart and funny. Sorry I'm not agree with u.
      "Faranno dei cimiteri le loro cattedrali e delle cittą le vostre tombe"

Comment

Originally posted by francesco
        I loved it. It's smart and funny. Sorry I'm not agree with u.
        Fine, I just dont know I understand Freddy is wise cracking but it doesnt bring the same feel for Jason as it should Freddy is some what the same.

I just thought the movie was written bad and should have been done by some one else.

Comment

granted, this movie is pretty cheesey, but so are ALL of the NOES and F13 films. all it did was update the cheese factor to today's terms and "humor". i think this movie is a fun ride and it's great how they incorporate the dream supressant drug used in Dream Warriors.
          "Thrill Me!"

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=saddmachine

Comment

This movie is bad. So, so bad. Some people might say its homage to the countless Freddy and Jason movies - I saw it as Hollywood robbing us to make a quick buck. I was looking forward to this pile of toilet scrapings, and my god - what I got made me very sour... believe it or not.

Comment

I actually liked it. I was just so happy to see Jason and Freddy on the big screen again, I didn't notice any of the flaws. Sure, none of the teenagers can act but who cares? This is a Freddy vs Jason movie. Do you expect MacBeth? Plus Monica Keenan has (as Butthead would put it) "really big thingies." I had heard so much talk about this movie for practically a decade, I was happy to finally see it happen even if everyone else thought it was shit.

Comment

Originally posted by travis83
                Plus Monica Keenan has (as Butthead would put it) "really big thingies."
                If you are referring to that brunette chick in the shower - that supposedly was a body double. Nevermind eh?

Fucking perv

Comment

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow
                  I saw it as Hollywood robbing us to make a quick buck.
                  this is probably true, but isn't that what all of the freddy and jason sequels were?
                  "Thrill Me!"

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=saddmachine

Comment

If you are referring to that brunette chick in the shower - that supposedly was a body double. Nevermind eh?

Fucking perv

No, I'm talking about the female lead that couldn't act her way out of a brown paper bag. She kept all of her clothes on and left more for the imagination. Sure the Baywatch-esque running at the end is cheesy, but my aren't they glorious when they bounce. Up and down. Up and down. 'Tis almost mezmerizing.

Comment

Originally posted by saddmachine
                      this is probably true, but isn't that what all of the freddy and jason sequels were?
                      Absolutely. Thats what the essence of a sequel is... Rake in more money.

Comment

This is a Freddy vs Jason movie. Do you expect MacBeth? Plus Monica Keenan has (as Butthead would put it) "really big thingies." I had heard so much talk about this movie for practically a decade, I was happy to finally see it happen even if everyone else thought it was shit.

-This is a Freddy vs Jason movie. Do you expect MacBeth?

No, I dont but I did expect to see a very good movie which would have made all the wait and the $30 its cost to see it worth the while. As well as having re-written the scrpit 15 times from what I heard. So yes i did expect MacBeth. Or atleast something worth saying" Damn that was not bad "

-Plus Monica Keenan has (as Butthead would put it) "really big thingies." I had heard so much talk about this movie for practically a decade.

So you have never seen a girl with big tits walking in the streets, the movie just had some regular pretty girl ( Nothing so great seen better in the streets of NYC , dont get me wrong she is a good looking girl )with a set of big tits and that gets you off.:confused: bReading your other post you seem to need to get laid pretty bad man, no offense.
                        And all the talk you heard for decade was this movie worth the wait, for me hell no any one who would think it was great would just boggle my mind. The movie is flat out bad.
                        Last edited by Hilti De-walt; 12-29-2005, 01:25 PM.

Comment

And all the talk you heard for decade was this movie worth the wait, for me hell no any one who would think it was great would just boggle my mind. The movie is flat out bad.
                          Hey, everyone has their fair share of cheese they like. This just so happens to be a bad film that I like. You're not going to change my mind so.....well. There we have it.

Oh and about the hot chick thing: Yeah I go to one of the universities with some of the hottest women according to Playboy magazine so I see a great deal of beautiful women. Monica Keenan just appealed to me for some reason. Probably because she looks a little like Elisha Cuthbert...mmmmm. Wait, did I have a point? No, not really.
                          Last edited by travis83; 12-29-2005, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Hey, everyone has their fair share of cheese they like. This just so happens to be a bad film that I like. You're not going to change my mind so.....well. There we have it.

Oh and about the hot chick thing: Yeah I go to one of the universities with some of the hottest women according to Playboy magazine so I see a great deal of beautiful women. Monica Keenan just appealed to me for some reason. Probably because she looks a little like Elisha Cuthbert...mmmmm. Wait, did I have a point? No, not really.
                            One of the universities is Nassau college in NY Long Island also rated by playboy as having some of the hottest chicks.

And i never tried to change your mind, dont see where I ever tried just gave my opinion. Anyway you still need to get laid ....Wait, did I have a point? No, not really but felt like saying it anyway.

Comment

Fucking perv

the chick in the shower was Katharine Isabelle. you know the one from Ginger Snaps...and i'm pretty sure that was her in the shower. not a double.

"It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

-Crash

Comment

Working...
                              X