The Off-Topic Thread - November 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
    I'm so tired of the same question every man poses post coitus. "did you come?" I stopped faking it awhile ago. Used to be "Oh yes twice!" I don't know how they could believe me though when on the occasion I've been known to drift off into thought and forget I was in the middle of having sex. I'll go quiet for a few moments until they snap me back with a "are you okay?" :blush:
    I really shouldn't say this to a married woman, but, I really want to fuck the fucking fuck out of you........................

Comment

• Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
      I really shouldn't say this to a married woman, but, I really want to fuck the fucking fuck out of you........................

On an unrelated note, Night Shaving is awesome.
      57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
        True, he fucked up a good thing with Metallica. I can't fathomable how great Metallica would have been with Dave Mustaine. They might actually NOT
        suck.
        Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
        Metallica? Fuck Metallica.
        Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
        No, fuck Metallica. One of the two most overrated bands in the last half century.

Metallica are the greatest things ever to happen music-wise to this damn Universe. There is a reason they are the Worlds only band to have 5 consecutive albums released at Number 1. The 10 studio albums they have are the best 10 albums eeeevver made.

EVER!!!

My opinion is law.

Last edited by Oxley; 11-13-2012, 10:30 PM.
        A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Metallica has pretty much sucked ever since the Black Album.

Their first four albums kick ass, but that's it.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
            Metallica has pretty much sucked ever since the Black Album.

Their first four albums kick ass, but that's it.
            A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
              Edit: Sorry Ox, sad but true...

I just can't help thinking what they could've been if Burton was still alive.
              Last edited by travisbickle; 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Metallica are the greatest things ever to happen music-wise to this damn Universe. There is a reason they are the Worlds only band to have 5 consecutive albums released at Number 1. The 10 studio albums they have are the best 10 albums eeeevver made.

EVER!!!
                Their first 4 albums were incredible,shit they were powerful, but as soon as they cut their hair...they're music went down. You can't say Kill Em' All compares to their music now a days.

Another band that use to be good to they sold out, Green Day

Favorite Metallica albums:

1.)Kill Em' All-To me, one of the truest Metallica metal albums, before they started watering down their music with poppy shit.

2.)Ride The Lightning

3.)...And Justice For All

4.)Master Of Puppets

5.)The Black Album-The Last decent 'Tallica album

Also Garage INC. is worth a mention.
                Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• The most disturbing aspect of Metallica's drastic change has been there sound production. How can a cash cow like Met put out albums with crappy distortion patches, trash can drums, and brickwalled popping? Inexcusable.

Comment

Edit: Sorry Ox, sad but true...

I just can't help thinking what they could've been if Burton was still alive.
                    They'd be the same if Burton was alive. I don't know why people say that all the time. One person wouldn't change the minds of three.

Besides, Burton was into classical music and "blues rock" anyway. Also, did you hear the music Burton wanted to be an intro into an album???

It was horrible. I think Rob is their coolest Base player.

Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
                    Their first 4 albums were incredible,shit they were powerful, but as soon as they cut their hair...they're music went down. You can't say Kill Em' All compares to their music now a days.

Another band that use to be good to they sold out, Green Day
                    I love every album from Metallica, I seriously can't order them.

Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                    The most disturbing aspect of Metallica's drastic change has been there sound production. How can a cash cow like Met put out albums with crappy distortion patches, trash can drums, and brickwalled popping? Inexcusable.

Comment

They'd be the same if Burton was alive. I don't know why people say that all the time. One person wouldn't change the minds of three.

I think Rob is their coolest Base player.

Burton had A LOT of say in the band. He composed and wrote most of their songs, and had a huge influence over pretty much everything they did (From what I've read, anyways)

Maybe it was just a coincidence that they pretty much started to suck (IMO) after his death. But, doubtful.... That said, it still doesn't explain why Justice was so awesome. Cliff was dead, so I'll chalk it up to the band using all that anger and sadness to make something good...?

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Burton had A LOT of say in the band. He composed and wrote most of their songs, and had a huge influence over pretty much everything they did (From what I've read, anyways)

Maybe it was just a coincidence that they pretty much started to suck (IMO) after his death. But, doubtful.... That said, it still doesn't explain why Justice was so awesome. Cliff was dead, so I'll chalk it up to the band using all that anger and sadness to make something good...?
                        Rob rules.

And he did a lot, but he wouldn't have changed Lars or James' mind on much, if anything.

And I don't think his death had anything to do with the music changing. I'd pin most of it on Rock. He wasn't on Justice. And when he came on board for Black, and stayed till St. Anger, well you can tell they are all vastly different to the older stuff. Then when the gave him the flick they went back to their roots.

Just trying something new, and evolving with the times. It has to be done, but Metallica did it a lot better than a lot of other bands that try to keep up and just disappear completely.

The only band I think that hasn't changed at all that was equally as big back in the day is Slayer. They've stayed the same, and they aren't as known now. Probably because of it.

Another one is Motorhead.

Comment

• Oh my god I'm being dragged to watch Twilight tonight. I think I might just jump off a building.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
                            Oh my god I'm being dragged to watch Twilight tonight. I think I might just jump off a building.
                            No. You're choosing to go.

Soft willed, pussy whipped bitch.

Comment

• Lars was the cataylst for Tallica's change. There are numerous interviews with him (before he met Bob Rock) saying their progressive metal formula had staled and that they were scaling back their musical vision. I think there's one such interview from '89 on YTube.

Wasn't Cliff older than James? Didn't James see him as a friend and somewhat as a father figure? That said, I've read that it was Lars with whom James spent most of his time after Kirk joined the band.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                                Lars was the cataylst for Tallica's change. There are numerous interviews with him (before he met Bob Rock) saying their progressive metal formula had staled and that they were scaling back their musical vision. I think there's one such interview from '89 on YTube.

Wasn't Cliff older than James? Didn't James see him as a friend and somewhat as a father figure? That said, I've read that it was Lars with whom James spent most of his time after Kirk joined the band.
                                Cliff was only a year older, I think.

And that's probably just due to Lars and James also competing for who is the 'head' of the band. Lars started it, but James being the front man has him in the lime light a lot more.

I know Lars likes to take risks in music, doing things out of the ordinary, James likes it too.

The reason Mustaine made 'RISK' was because Lars once said to him that he doesn't take enough risk's in his music. Hence the title. Metallica enjoy trying different things, whether its music genre, odd unexpected covers, or performing with an orchestra. And I love them for that. They don't just re-cycle the same thing again and again.

Comment

Working...
                                X