Voting Philosophies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
    Actually, you are violating the rules, it may not be spelled out, but one expects everyone to play truthfully and honorably, and you keep admitting you're giving false scores on the quality of the films picked based on where they already sit in the status quo of horror fans.
    THANK YOU! Fucker should be banned from any future drafts!

Comment

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
      I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather be introduced to a movie I've never heard of and not like it, than hear about Psycho or Halloween for the millionth time. At least it's something new.

Maybe in time, that movie will become just as vanilla as Psycho or Halloween. But I don't have a time machine, so I don't see how that counts.
      This is more of an aside, but don't want you to think I've ignored you. This is fine really, we all hope to see a few or more great films that we passed by somehow or never heard off. But that's a separate issue from how good they are and the scores they deserve. We've had so called rec points in the past, and that's been a sticky issue, but it wouldn't be unfair to give some extra points for a new film you've enjoyed, but it would be unfair to take away points from genuinely good films just because you've seen them several times or most horror fans love them to death.
      I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Takes 14 1/2 hours for almost every pick and then scores people with - scores. LOL.

Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
          THANK YOU! Fucker should be banned from any future drafts!
          Eeerrr, I wasn't going for that, but I can see how others feel. I think Ren is just taking a backwards perspective on all this. I'd just like to see him come around and vote fairly. He's free to love and appreciate the more obscure films all he wants tho as far as I'm concerned.
          I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post

Actually, you are violating the rules, it may not be spelled out, but one expects everyone to play truthfully and honorably, and you keep admitting you're giving false scores on the quality of the films picked based on where they already sit in the status quo of horror fans.

I'm playing with honesty and sincerity. I'm not admitting that I am giving false scores. I'm being honest with my feelings for some classic, which I do not criticize the quality. It's just my feeling toward them has changed. I'm just saying that I want my scores have meaning, which I explained.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
              Movies I enjoy get high scores. Movies I don't like get high scores. Who cares if they're popular films.

I know I'm not participating, but that's how it is.
              Listen to Revelator. He speaks sense.

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                Listen to Revelator. He speaks sense.
                lol I made a mistake in my post, but I'm sure you know what I meant

Comment

All I see is twenty eight movies in the post. I start and go down the list and score on how much that film has affected me when I viewed it...then I add the numbers and put a name to the winning number. I really couldn't give a fuck who picked what. Horror movies are my passion.

I will always be true to myself. I will pick the films that reflect me and my tastes....which is gore and underground cinema. I probally will never win any of these drafts, but maybe a movie or 2 will be appreicated by sombody who never thought to look beyond the mainstream. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                    All I see is twenty eight movies in the post. I start and go down the list and score on how much that film has affected me when I viewed it...then I add the numbers and put a name to the winning number. I really couldn't give a fuck who picked what. Horror movies are my passion.

I will always be true to myself. I will pick the films that reflect me and my tastes....which is gore and underground cinema. I probally will never win any of these drafts, but maybe a movie or 2 will be appreicated by sombody who never thought to look beyond the mainstream. I like that.
                    well fucking said.

If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                    Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                    So frightened of dying
                    Relax, yes, I’m trying
                    But fear's got a hold on me

Comment

I probally will never win any of these drafts, but maybe a movie or 2 will be appreicated by sombody who never thought to look beyond the mainstream. I like that.
                      I didn't like Torched but I'm glad that I got introduced to this type of 'underground' cinema. I may change my taste one day, so I am always looking to broaden my horizons.

Comment

Most of those indie movies are so horribly shot that the gore is barely comprehensible. Some folks tend toward the underground because they like saying they know obscure titles, not because they appreciate and can discourse on the medium of cinema.

Comment

Working...
                        X