Connect with us

Movies

Goodbye, Haddonfield: Jamie Lee Curtis Has Wrapped Filming on ‘Halloween Ends’

Published

on

halloween ends set photos

Taking to Instagram this morning, Jamie Lee Curtis has announced that she has officially wrapped filming on Halloween Ends, and with that, possibly on the franchise for the final time.

This year’s Halloween Ends is being billed as the final film in a trilogy from David Gordon Green, which means there’s a good chance it’ll be the last time we see Jamie Lee Curtis on screen as iconic heroine Laurie Strode. Mind you, that doesn’t mean Laurie isn’t going to survive her final battle with Michael Myers, but it could indeed be their final battle.

The actress writes on Instagram, “A bittersweet END for me on the Halloween movies. I’ve made great friends and have collaborated with wonderful artists on these three movies and today my part in the film has been completed and with it the END for me of this trilogy. It’s all because of the fans who have always supported me and more importantly, Laurie.”

“Here are a few images that will remind me of the wonderful time we all had. I love this crew and cast and I will miss you all,” Curtis adds in her Instagram post today.

You can check out the behind the scenes images JLC shared in the IG post below.

Halloween Ends is dated for theatrical release on October 14, 2022.

David Gordon Green has recently teased that there will be a four-year time jump from the events of Kills to the events of Ends, and it’s said to be more “intimate” and “contained.”

We don’t yet have any plot information, but the ending of Halloween Kills built towards the final confrontation between Laurie and Michael, a battle that will likely take center stage in the trilogy’s final installment. Last year’s movie ended with Michael (seemingly) ending the life of Karen Strode, so the fight between hero and villain is more personal than ever before.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Jamie Lee Curtis (@curtisleejamie)

Writer in the horror community since 2008. Editor in Chief of Bloody Disgusting. Owns Eli Roth's prop corpse from Piranha 3D. Has four awesome cats. Still plays with toys.

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading