BD Timeout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
    Do you take suggestions? There are a couple members who do nothing but insult and try to and start flame wars.
    If one were to pm them to a mod, and give examples to their reasoning we'll of course look into it.

Will timeouts be used on people who seem to derail every thread they post in with their useless banter?
    We're looking to focus more specifically on this shortly, and will likely post an announcement outlining our intentions a little bit further down the road.
    Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Also, change the whatever forum to the dating forum. A.S.A.P!

Will timeouts be used on people who seem to derail every thread they post in with their useless banter?

Off Topic is fine for that kind of thing, but when it spreads to multiple threads at the same time...

Comment

I think it's a great idea. As long as it doesn't get out of control. Otherwise, I'm all for it.

Comment

Are there warnings for a time out, or is the time out a warning for a ban?

Comment

Originally posted by The Diabolical Mr. Lieman View Post
            I get the feeling it's the latter. Otherwise it would take too long to get people like that waffle girl to stop spamming everything. They did say you'd get a PM informing you of how long the time out would last and I'm sure their reasoning (as if the people who get it won't know).

Comment

Originally posted by The Diabolical Mr. Lieman View Post
              Warnings may be issued, but aren't necessarily a prerequisite. Obviously, if one were to ignore this and go about their business in the same fashion as always they could very well easily be banned.

Also, if someone is caught posting under another username while under TimeOut restrictions both names will be banned immediately without exception.
              Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Originally posted by Count Dragula View Post
                Warnings may be issued, but aren't necessarily a prerequisite. Obviously, if one were to ignore this and go about their business in the same fashion as always they could very well easily be banned.

Also, if someone is caught posting under another username while under TimeOut restrictions both names will be banned immediately without exception.

Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                  Unless it's going to be used to punish mean members for hurting the feelings of some stupid n00bs or something... in which case I definitely dislike the idea, as that's half the fun of this site.
                  Could cause problems. Maybe it won't be so bad.

Dark M DEFINITELY needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                    Also, is off-topic, but related discussion still allowed? Like discussing a Kevin Bacon film in the Death Sentence thread. As long as it isn't pages and pages?
                    It should be illegal to punish people for discussing Kevin Bacon. Bacon's Law is second only to Boll's.
                    This system should come in handy. We should be allowed to rib the newbs a bit though, as long as we keep it (mostly) in fun.
                    <o>

Thanks to brain dead for cleaning up my Boll Dogs logo.
                    My DVD's

Comment

Blah, I still feel kind of iffy on this, but I guess we'll see as it is applied more...

Comment

I'm iffy on it aswell. Oh well I'll give it a go and if shit get's crappy people will just move on elsewhere.

The only problem with BD at the moment is All. The. Flirting. Needs. To. Stop. It's so fucking annoying and is scatered all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by superfry View Post
                          Lol...that's the first thing that popped into my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
                            I'm iffy on it aswell. Oh well I'll give it a go and if shit get's crappy people will just move on elsewhere.
                            Haha, what a fucking drama queen! You aren't going anywhere. Honestly though guys, this is going to be so minimal you won't notice a major difference, I'm sure.
                            Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatuscreams View Post
                              Haha, what a fucking drama queen! You aren't going anywhere. Honestly though guys, this is going to be so minimal you won't notice a major difference, I'm sure.
                              Good, because I will fight you Nos. I promise. I'll go Rocky on your ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatuscreams View Post
                                Half sarcasm. Plus I've already received a warning for quoting a line from Rob Zombies new film. Fucking brilliant. :confused:

Comment

Working...
                                X