Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on the new Bloody-Disgusting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by killrobot View Post
    did i just get boll'd?
    Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
    Worse than that... you got...




    ...anyway the new site looks fine.

    I'll have to send some aloe vera to him. Wicked burn.

    Comment


    • #17
      Looks cleaner. I think some rounded corners would look sexier, though.

      Like the transparency.
      Hypocritical Nazis Corner.

      Maybe this stems from the fact that you are a neo-nazi fuckwad? [...] Your genes are what need to be rid of from this world.
      Fuckin' guy's a dipshit withno morals. [...] People like that are useless and should be killed.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by commandoZ View Post
        I dunno, I notice two things that make me go "hmmm":

        1. Ads are now default anyone-can-get-em-for-their-blog Google ads versus the ads that seemed to come from more pro sources.

        2. No longer part of the Crave Network (go check out www.craveonline.com)

        Front page really just looks like a few things got shuffled around at the same time #1 and #2 happened.

        Something you're not telling us here? Did Ryan and shocktillyoudrop.com push you guys out?

        I second some of the other boardies. It's about the community here on the boards for me. The front page is either skewed reviews or stolen content from other sites. There's a reason why Entertainment Weekly called this the #1 fansite and not the best professional entertainment journalism site for fans of horror.

        Really, you guys should just shut down the news portion of this site and let the boardies just hang out with each other here.

        I'm here because the conversation is cool and the posters are more knowledgeable and of a higher cultural caliber than other horror sites.
        we have moved on to a new ad network, the google ads are defaults and once our inventory fills up you'll barely see them. we're now working with indieclick who represents other big names like deviantart, lastfm, suicidegirls, and a ton more. i can assure you, the change was 100% voluntary.

        it's funny you stress that community is why your here, since we're one of the few horror sites that actually extends its community beyond the forums with things like bdtv, user reviews, and news comments. don't like our reviews? post your own or read another users review and see how it compares to ours. obviously one persons opinion isn't any way to judge a movie and that's why we put such an focus on user reviews with the update.

        none of our content is stolen, we ALWAYS give credit when due and probably break more exclusives than anyone. i really don't know where you get the idea that we steal ANYTHING, but if you're jaded about something, it's cool, you can say whatever you want here (unlike a lot of other forums)

        oh also, like you said in one of your news comments it is going to be very interesting to watch that alexa data over the next few months
        Bloody Disgusting on...
        Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/bloodydisgusting
        Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/bdisgusting
        Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/horror-movies

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by killrobot View Post
          we have moved on to a new ad network, the google ads are defaults and once our inventory fills up you'll barely see them. we're now working with indieclick who represents other big names like deviantart, lastfm, suicidegirls, and a ton more. i can assure you, the change was 100% voluntary.

          it's funny you stress that community is why your here, since we're one of the few horror sites that actually extends its community beyond the forums with things like bdtv, user reviews, and news comments. don't like our reviews? post your own or read another users review and see how it compares to ours. obviously one persons opinion isn't any way to judge a movie and that's why we put such an focus on user reviews with the update.

          none of our content is stolen, we ALWAYS give credit when due and probably break more exclusives than anyone. i really don't know where you get the idea that we steal ANYTHING, but if you're jaded about something, it's cool, you can say whatever you want here (unlike a lot of other forums)

          oh also, like you said in one of your news comments it is going to be very interesting to watch that alexa data over the next few months
          PWNED!!!!!!!!!
          Infini-Tropolis.com

          Comment


          • #20
            I haven't been a member of the board that long but it looks pretty good.

            Comment


            • #21
              I personally don't really like the look...can't really put my finger on what but it kinda reminds me of Dread Central's but a little more cluttered.
              I prefered the look it used to have but maybe the one will grow on me...only time will tell lol.

              Comment


              • #22
                It looks sweet, I think the skins for the forums would be sick though.
                Damn I've said some dumb things on this website

                Comment


                • #23
                  I like it nicer to look at and heaps easier to browse through. Nicely done.

                  'When people ask me if I went to film school, I say, "No, I went to films." - Quentin Tarantino

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Count Dragula View Post
                    PWNED!!!!!!!!!
                    I don't think so.

                    http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...disgusting.com

                    That's a heckuva drop post-Crave. Bye now.
                    Face it sucka, we're thieves and we're bad guys, that's exactly what we are!
                    - Ken (Peter) Foree, Dawn of the Dead

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by commandoZ View Post
                      I don't think so.

                      http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...disgusting.com

                      That's a heckuva drop post-Crave. Bye now.
                      Wow, you totally got me there! BD's traffic definitely plummeted Feb 1st. You know, the day the entire site had to be brought down for maintenance and upgrades.

                      Now i'm not going to delve into details, but what the graph does show is several large spikes post Crave. As some of the more observant members will note, the crave logo has been gone for some time now.
                      Infini-Tropolis.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        ABUSE YOUR POWER SPAGULA! BAN HIM!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by commandoZ View Post
                          I don't think so.

                          http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...disgusting.com

                          That's a heckuva drop post-Crave. Bye now.
                          funny how the day the site is down for 6+ hours we saw a drop in traffic

                          i can guarantee you we saw next to no traffic coming from ANY crave network site... i can show you our referrers log if you really want.

                          in fact i don't understand why you're pushing this point because it really makes no sense at all..... unless you're somehow affiliated with them.

                          we're represented by indieClick now, go take a look at the roster of sites they have under their belt and tell me we made the wrong choice. personally i am very happy with our decision and i think our users will be too.

                          if you can somehow convince me otherwise, i'll give you a dollar... for real, a whole dollar.

                          don't get me wrong, i'm glad you like it here and all... i really just don't understand the whole crave campaign you've been pushing.
                          Bloody Disgusting on...
                          Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/bloodydisgusting
                          Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/bdisgusting
                          Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/horror-movies

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Count Dragula View Post
                            As some of the more observant members will note, the crave logo has been gone for some time now.

                            now i can return the favor..
                            PWNED!!!!!!!!!
                            Bloody Disgusting on...
                            Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/bloodydisgusting
                            Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/bdisgusting
                            Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/horror-movies

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I don't go on the main page too much, but I think it looks pretty sexy.

                              Good job.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                                Wait, there's a website?
                                ..........WHAT!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X