Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow Site - We're working on it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by killrobot View Post
    You guys would be surprised at some of the emails we get then, some of them are pretty intense... ranging from people telling me they're never coming to BD again and we need to fix our shit, to people telling me how they can build a better site in their sleep and I'm a hack, to the people who send message after message saying the same thing over and over again until we're back to normal.

    Someday I'm going to write a book about being a website owner and all the insane people and stories I've come across in the past 10 years.
    And those people are assholes who probably have been banned or had the potential to be banned. It's a shame that people are so inconsiderate. I'm sure it's hard making a website and maintaining it-especially when there's how many members?
    I'd love to see some of these emails.

    As I previously said, thanks for trying to make BD a better experience for everyone. Some of us appreciate it more than others,I guess. The site is working fast for me now.
    Always check your candy.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by killrobot View Post
      You guys would be surprised at some of the emails we get then, some of them are pretty intense... ranging from people telling me they're never coming to BD again and we need to fix our shit, to people telling me how they can build a better site in their sleep and I'm a hack, to the people who send message after message saying the same thing over and over again until we're back to normal.

      Someday I'm going to write a book about being a website owner and all the insane people and stories I've come across in the past 10 years.
      Coming from someone who built a website all through Jr.High - High school it can be a pain to keep a site going and updated.

      Comment


      • #18
        I notice the site being very slow. I'm glad you guys are working on it. Do you guys need donations or something to help with the server expenses etc?

        I'm not rich, but wouldn't have a problem donating 20 bucks or so.


        Do female Vampires menstruate?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by killrobot View Post
          You guys would be surprised at some of the emails we get then, some of them are pretty intense... ranging from people telling me they're never coming to BD again and we need to fix our shit, to people telling me how they can build a better site in their sleep and I'm a hack, to the people who send message after message saying the same thing over and over again until we're back to normal.

          Someday I'm going to write a book about being a website owner and all the insane people and stories I've come across in the past 10 years.
          We call this internet Darwinism.
          Don't let them get to you man. This site is awesome.
          I know nothing about the technical side of maintaining a website, but maybe delete accounts that have been inactive for a year or more? I've seen that done on other sites.

          Comment


          • #20
            Thank you, I would love a faster site. It would awesome.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by killrobot View Post
              You guys would be surprised at some of the emails we get then, some of them are pretty intense... ranging from people telling me they're never coming to BD again and we need to fix our shit, to people telling me how they can build a better site in their sleep and I'm a hack, to the people who send message after message saying the same thing over and over again until we're back to normal.

              Someday I'm going to write a book about being a website owner and all the insane people and stories I've come across in the past 10 years.

              Wow... don't worry about those guys aye. Their contribution to the site is probably minimal anyway. Just take your time and most of us highly appreciate the effort by all you admins.
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





              "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


              You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
              Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
              My little idiot..

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by killrobot View Post
                Someday I'm going to write a book about being a website owner and all the insane people and stories I've come across in the past 10 years.
                I want an autographed copy Mr.Robot Sir.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by chetrog View Post
                  I notice the site being very slow. I'm glad you guys are working on it. Do you guys need donations or something to help with the server expenses etc?

                  I'm not rich, but wouldn't have a problem donating 20 bucks or so.
                  thanks for the offer, we've never taken money from readers though, the ads you see pay for the server costs

                  Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                  I want an autographed copy Mr.Robot Sir.
                  alright, as long as you're not going to just throw it on ebay
                  Bloody Disgusting on...
                  Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/bloodydisgusting
                  Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/bdisgusting
                  Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/horror-movies

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Everything seems to be back to normal again, speed wise.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                      Everything seems to be back to normal again, speed wise.
                      Not here!
                      sigpic
                      Dr.Loomis:"Does anybody live here?"
                      Sheriff Brackett:"No,not since 1963 when it happened-every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted."
                      Dr.Loomis:"THEY MAY BE RIGHT."

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Am I the only one still having this problem?
                        Frustrating as all Hell!!!
                        sigpic
                        Dr.Loomis:"Does anybody live here?"
                        Sheriff Brackett:"No,not since 1963 when it happened-every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted."
                        Dr.Loomis:"THEY MAY BE RIGHT."

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by myersfan 78 View Post
                          Am I the only one still having this problem?
                          Frustrating as all Hell!!!
                          Nope, I have the problem still. For me its kinda odd. I live on the West coast "Oregon" And its so slow from 10pm to about 4am. During the day its not to bad. Sometimes it takes almost a min to load.


                          Do female Vampires menstruate?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by chetrog View Post
                            Sometimes it takes almost a min to load.
                            Same here!
                            sigpic
                            Dr.Loomis:"Does anybody live here?"
                            Sheriff Brackett:"No,not since 1963 when it happened-every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted."
                            Dr.Loomis:"THEY MAY BE RIGHT."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by chetrog View Post
                              Nope, I have the problem still. For me its kinda odd. I live on the West coast "Oregon" And its so slow from 10pm to about 4am. During the day its not to bad. Sometimes it takes almost a min to load.
                              Its weird....its slow at night...never have problems during the day....not that I get on during the day a lot since I only use my phone and PS3 for internet unless im at work.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Mine has never been slow.... I really don't see the problem. All my pages load well within 5 seconds...
                                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                                "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                                You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                                Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                                My little idiot..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X