New Rules for the Game Section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rules for the Game Section

We've ignored the post whoring in the game section for years, but due to recent drama, we've had enough. If your thread was locked, do not start a new one.

-Don't create a thread that's nothing more than random nonsense, such as posting random words. Basically, don't make a thread that isn't an actual game as much as a thread for whoring posts.
    -Don't continuously post in the same thread. We saw a bunch of instances where basically two people went back and forth for pages without letting others post. Don't do this or you will be given an infraction for spamming.

That's pretty much it.
    sigpic

My thoughts exactly.

It was one thing when people were boosting their posts counts quietly, but the petty squabbles that have been popping up have gotten out of control.

Comment

Fair enough for the most part, and no objections where you make rules to make the boards better.

Just wondering, if only two people seem to be on, should we not post every other post at all then like in the Movie poster, IMAGE/WTF, or Image tag threads?

I mean, sure I'm prolly the top post whore when it comes to the games thread, but I'm here for the fun too, if you want at least two other posts between posting again or something, would that be better?
      Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
      Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
      Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
      The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
      Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
      Nightcore Land Of Confusion
      Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
      Rend Collective My Lighthouse
      Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
      Garbage Special
      Cardigans My Favorite Game
      Living Colour Cult of Personality
      Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
      Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
      Sasha D Russian Girls
      Scatman John Scatman

Comment

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
        Fair enough for the most part, and no objections where you make rules to make the boards better.

Just wondering, if only two people seem to be on, should we not post every other post at all then like in the Movie poster, IMAGE/WTF, or Image tag threads?

I mean, sure I'm prolly the top post whore when it comes to the games thread, but I'm here for the fun too, if you want at least two other posts between posting again or something, would that be better?
        The basically mean that you shouldn't be sitting in a thread that is pointless to begin with going back and forth. It is one thing to have a discussion, but in the games section, it is just ridiculous. I'm surprised they didn't take the 8,100 posts out of the post count from the word association game.

Just PM Shed, or Caustic and they will explain if you still have questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post

You're fine.

It's a case by case basis. You can tell fairly easily when two people are posting nonsense words one after the other in the Word Association thread to get 100 posts in an hours. The Image threads are kind of hard to run up a huge post count on anyway, since you have to track down an image. No worries there.

Most of the threads are intact. Including three variations of name game, three variations of A-Z games and the What are you Eating/Drinking/Wearing threads are all still there, so we aren't cutting much at all. People were using the nonsense threads to pick fights with those they don't like; this is the main thing we're trying to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by menasyng View Post
            The basically mean that you shouldn't be sitting in a thread that is pointless to begin with going back and forth. It is one thing to have a discussion, but in the games section, it is just ridiculous. I'm surprised they didn't take the 8,100 posts out of the post count from the word association game.

Just PM Shed, or Caustic and they will explain if you still have questions.
            Correct on all counts.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info. It has always been a fun way to get the new folks posting, but I have been annoyed at times as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                Correct on all counts.

Comment

Thank You! Watching this go on was kind of driving my little Virgo brain crazy.
                  KITTYSAFE.NET
                  Facebook | Website
                  | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                    You're fine.

It's a case by case basis. You can tell fairly easily when two people are posting nonsense words one after the other in the Word Association thread to get 100 posts in an hours. The Image threads are kind of hard to run up a huge post count on anyway, since you have to track down an image. No worries there.

Most of the threads are intact. Including three variations of name game, three variations of A-Z games and the What are you Eating/Drinking/Wearing threads are all still there, so we aren't cutting much at all. People were using the nonsense threads to pick fights with those they don't like; this is the main thing we're trying to stop.
                    People were picking fights on this board for no reason???

I don't buy it.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Well I'm gonna miss checking into the 'Say Something About the Person Above You' game-thread - loved seeing what folks had to say and how creative they would get. I get the point of the lockdown though- while I would be incredibly hard pressed to take offense at some of the threads/comments I can't speak for other folks..

Lol, on a side note I hope I wasn't too much of a hog on that one..I just would think of a comeback and post it...there wasn't a thought towards a 'higher post count' or anything silly like that...just thinking of something funny and wanting to share it.

My $.02 or thereabouts...
                      "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all outta bubblegum"
                      R. Piper

Comment

People were picking fights in the games? Wow, I like hardly post for a day and look what happens.

By the sounds of it, this isn't what's being given a warning, but I hope you're not going to go balistic if I (or others) post several times in a particular game or 3...or 7....

I just enjoy the challenge of coming up with something clever in a handful of games, and sometimes get a FUN back-and-forth with one or two other peeps in those threads. I promise no fighting though.

Comment

R.I.P

Word Association...

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                            R.I.P

Word Association...
                            A lot of those games aren't games though, they're just post count food. Word association is not a game.
                            KITTYSAFE.NET
                            Facebook | Website
                            | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

Originally posted by Kupotek View Post
                              A lot of those games aren't games though, they're just post count food. Word association is not a game.
                              As you can see I personally don't give a fuck about post count. I just liked the connecting of words..sometimes it would lead to some awesome saying or movie quote...

Comment

Working...
                              X