Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The old message board is back, a few notes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum seems to be working ok. Got an error I saw from the new board on the first log in attempt. Worked the second time. Hope the AIDS isn't spreading.

Comment

• Sorry to be oblivious but I haven't been here in a year or two I can log into my account on the main page but I cannot log in here? I had to create a new name my old account works fine which i've had since 2003 how do I transfer it to the old board ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives2 View Post
        Sorry to be oblivious but I haven't been here in a year or two I can log into my account on the main page but I cannot log in here? I had to create a new name my old account works fine which i've had since 2003 how do I transfer it to the old board ?
        When you're on the legacy board log in .. It may appear as if you're not logged in at first. So refresh the page and it should show you as logged in.

Comment

• Just trash the "new" site already. It been many months and it is still nothing but a pile of shit filled to the brim with adds and spam bots. The layout is poor and the message boards dont ever get posted in. BD needs to be restored to its former glory.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

• Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
            Just trash the "new" site already. It been many months and it is still nothing but a pile of shit filled to the brim with adds and spam bots. The layout is poor and the message boards dont ever get posted in. BD needs to be restored to its former glory.
            You'll have to write the higher powers regarding that one. It appears as if it's all about how many views/hits the new site/articles get .. The msg board is pushed to the side.

I'm grateful for legacy tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
              You'll have to write the higher powers regarding that one. It appears as if it's all about how many views/hits the new site/articles get .. The msg board is pushed to the side.

I'm grateful for legacy tho.
              Very understandable. I have no doubt people still frequent the new site but having working message boards would have been nice. Very grateful we got the Legacy boards though.

Comment

Very understandable. I have no doubt people still frequent the new site but having working message boards would have been nice. Very grateful we got the Legacy boards though.
                It would be nice to see Legacy the main msg board on BD.

Comment

Would they not get more views/hits on their site/articles if they had a working message board that people regularly visited?

Still don't understsand this logic............

It was always the message board/ community that kept me coming to this place. I would have no reason to ever visit otherwise since I got most of my horror news from surfing the boards. (which subsequently brought me to links on articles on BD)

Put it this way....How many of us here contributed to traffic that is no longer going to that site? Now take that number of active users and multiply it by 10 to make up the number of users that were on the boards as wallflowers...........that is a lot of traffic lost due to broken message boards.

Just my 2 cents. But what do I know since I don't run a website, iIm not quite sure of the logistics behind it.

Comment

Just trash the "new" site already. It been many months and it is still nothing but a pile of shit filled to the brim with adds and spam bots. The layout is poor and the message boards dont ever get posted in. BD needs to be restored to its former glory.
                    My hope is that they just carve out the message boards part of the new board and retro fit this V-bulletin board into the larger layout they have going. It's not as hard as it seems, since I did it with my school library site and it mainly involves embedding. It won't have the facebook feel they must have been interested in, but it would be far more functional and as you can see, we have the support of the members. The old website didn't have a lot of interactivity between the front page and the message boards, so not much would be lost anyway.

It seems to have more do with traffic, but I hope the powers that be realize they can get the traffic with the front page and still have the message boards this place was known for by reincorporating the Legacy format inside the new design. New members will always want a high traffic message board to discuss their opinions. This seems like an easy win win decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                      My hope is that they just carve out the message boards part of the new board and retro fit this V-bulletin board into the larger layout they have going. It's not as hard as it seems, since I did it with my school library site and it mainly involves embedding. It won't have the facebook feel they must have been interested in, but it would be far more functional and as you can see, we have the support of the members. The old website didn't have a lot of interactivity between the front page and the message boards, so not much would be lost anyway.

It seems to have more do with traffic, but I hope the powers that be realize they can get the traffic with the front page and still have the message boards this place was known for by reincorporating the Legacy format inside the new design. New members will always want a high traffic message board to discuss their opinions. This seems like an easy win win decision.

Comment

It would be nice to see Legacy the main msg board on BD.
                        Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post

Originally posted by dead breed View Post

Ill toast to that. It definitely seems like the best and proper alternative.

Comment

Agree with all of this. I don't get why they just don't do it already.

You guys need to speak to Killrobot.

Comment

I read from Tool Shed or Killrobot can't remember which he wasn't going to link these boards to replace the new ones, but if they do something like you said I don't see what the problem would be, that being said, if he wasn't going to have it linked to here, I don't see why they'd make it look like this.

I don't think these boards will ever see the new layout. All we can do is that in time hope they sort out a system that works effectively.
                            A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Am I the only one who has lost hope that BD will return to what it use to be?

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

The "new" site is terrible. I don't even bother going there any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X