Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The old message board is back, a few notes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
    Am I the only one who has lost hope that BD will return to what it use to be?
    Nope, I lost hope awhile back when Killrobot made it clear that he doesn't give a flying fuck what any of us think but it's his site, if he wants to point the nose of the plane straight at the ground that is his business, we're all just the disgruntled passengers on his airline.
    Last edited by Mr. Bill; 11-22-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
      Am I the only one who has lost hope that BD will return to what it use to be?
      As long as BD Legacy stays around, so will I. There should at least be an administrator for this board...that way things around here can be fixed or improved, if need be.

I sure do miss the old site, though.

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
      The "new" site is terrible. I don't even bother going there any more.
      Yeah, I agree. I understand why it had to be done but BD has always been like a second home to me. I came here to read updates, give reviews, and have debates with other members. Now, most of all the ol' chaps are gone. So, yeah, I miss the old place, but I doubt it'll ever be the same.
      B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shape;2647025]There should at least be an administrator for this board...that way things around here can be fixed or improved, if need be.

There is.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
          There is.
          I'm talking about making this it's own message board, itself, and having someone maintain this board themselves like killrobot does with the new site, and used to with this one.

Comment

• I'm probably a little late to the game with this question, but exactly how does the admin system work around here. I know we have admins who post regularly and keep the boards in order such as Breed and Caustic. Do they have any say in what KillRobot does or are they just here to keep things in line? I'm just trying to understand the chain of command a bit better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
              I'm probably a little late to the game with this question, but exactly how does the admin system work around here. I know we have admins who post regularly and keep the boards in order such as Breed and Caustic. Do they have any say in what KillRobot does or are they just here to keep things in line? I'm just trying to understand the chain of command a bit better.
              All the mods are still here, but KR is focused on the new site. Some of us are admins, but short of some minor modifications, we have no say. KR is the site owner, which gives him higher level powers to make major site changes and updates.

If we are on our own, I hope KR gives a couple of us some added powers, but who knows if it'll happen. I'm hoping we get reincorporated back into the main BD site at some point in some way, but if not, we'll make do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                I'm hoping we get reincorporated back into the main BD site at some point in some way, but if not, we'll make do.
                [YOUTUBE]Tth-8wA3PdY[/YOUTUBE]
                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post

If we are on our own, I hope KR gives a couple of us some added powers, but who knows if it'll happen. I'm hoping we get reincorporated back into the main BD site at some point in some way, but if not, we'll make do.
                  I doubt this will ever happen, since he is so entagled with his new baby. At least, he should give you mods the admin powers he has for the legacy.
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Cemetery_Man
                    BD mods have enough power as it is and they don't need even more power than they already have. If anything they should have less power.
                    No. You can see that on the NSFW issues, they don't have the power to do changes on their own or better: they don't have the proper understanding of the functionality of some parts of the board.
                    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• I think one of the issues with handing it over to the mods is that KR still pays for the forum and I would assume that most of us aren't totally familiar with messing around with plug-ins and mods for forums. It isn't totally difficult to do the basics. I did some random design work on another forum a few years ago, and it takes a little tinkering.

I would be down for someone messing with different aspects of the forum, if KR would allow it. It is a very time consuming challenge! I respect anyone who would want to take that on.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
                        I think one of the issues with handing it over to the mods is that KR still pays for the forum and I would assume that most of us aren't totally familiar with messing around with plug-ins and mods for legacy. It isn't totally difficult to do the basics. I did some random design work on another forum a few years ago, and it takes a little tinkering.

I would be down for someone messing with different aspects of the forum, if KR would allow it. It is a very time consuming challenge! I respect anyone who would want to take that on.
                        Shed, when I said I think killrobot should give mods more administrative power to change things on Legacy, if need be, you were the ONE I was thinking of...

You, Caustic, and Klown have been around long enough to know what needs to be done and what should be done. I think if KR were to give you administrative powers this board would run SO much smoother and a lot more functional. Hopefully, sooner than later, he gets the hair to let you guys run the board completely, because I'm sure you would make it member friendly with no bull shit.

I know it takes a lot of time and effort to run a message board as big as this one but I have total faith in ya. So *fingers crossed*, someday it'll happen, because I have a few suggestions of my own that I think could really help out and make this board more personal for members.

Comment

• I really missed the old message board. So glad it's back.

Comment

• It's been back for awhile, my man.

Comment

• have been away ever since the old message board disappeared and all my stats too.... so, so happy that the old board is back.
                              Pinhead: Time to play...
                              Kirsty Cotton: Wait!
                              Pinhead: No more deals child, it is your flesh we want to experience, not your skill at bargaining.
                              Kirsty Cotton: No deals, just information, just information!
                              Pinhead: Go on... but trick us again child, and your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                                This board isn't going to be maintained, Killrobot said that and this board isn't even currently working properly if you haven't noticed. Besides why complain about our complaining? The minority keeps saying get over it, well that's fine but we could easily say the same to you, you get over our complaining, it's not as if we're all over the board bringing it up and causing a scene? The complaints are contained right here in the appropriate thread.
                                It seems a cathartic and appropriate place to do such complaining so that it doesn't distract from the rest of the board
                                Originally posted by killrobot View Post
                                "not going to be maintained" meaning it's going to sit as is and no longer receive software updates and upgrades. do you think we're going to break down on the side of the road if i don't change the oil every 3k miles or something? it's computer software, i honestly don't see what you're trying to get at when you keep saying that...
                                Golly look at that, for the last couple months it sure seems like the board has been falling apart and breaking down on the side of the road... I humbly apologize KR I was apparently waaaay off on my statement... the board is running just smoothly!
                                Last edited by Mr. Bill; 06-12-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X