Connect with us

Movies

‘A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors’ Actor Ira Heiden Voiced the Mini-Pufts in ‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’!

Published

on

We learned earlier this week that Josh Gad is the voice of new ghost Muncher in Ghostbusters: Afterlife, but there’s another fun voice cameo that horror fans in particular will love.

Revealed during a conversation with The 80’s Slasher Librarian, A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors star Ira Heiden contributed to Ghostbusters: Afterlife in some fun ways!

Of particular note, Heiden, who memorably played “Wizard Master” Will in Dream Warriors back in 1987, voices several of the Mini-Puft characters, baby versions of the classic Stay Puft.

“I asked my buddy who directed the movie, said I will do anything… any part… voice stuff, ADR, anything. And so I got to do ADR [Additional Dialogue Recording]… I got to play a bunch of ghosts, screaming ghosts and moaning ghosts. And scared children and adults running away from the ghosts,” Heiden explains. “So the people who were running the session said that the director wanted me to stay… that’s when I found out I was going to voice the mini Stay Puft characters.”

Heiden continues, “So there’s a bunch of them up there… there’s one that’s on the grill that’s salivating and sucking it back up, that’s me. There’s one on the Rumba, you’ll see that bumps into Paul Rudd, one of those are me. There’s another guy that’s eating a green jelly bean and poops it out, that’s me. And there’s a bunch of others actors/actresses that are on there also.”

It was three and a half to four hours of pure fun,” Heiden adds.

You can watch the full chat below. The Ghostbusters: Afterlife talk begins at 32:00.

Still daydreaming? Below, you can learn all about A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors by revisiting this exhaustive deep dive by our very own Halloweenies podcast.

Writer in the horror community since 2008. Editor in Chief of Bloody Disgusting. Owns Eli Roth's prop corpse from Piranha 3D. Has four awesome cats. Still plays with toys.

Movies

‘Drop’ – Violett Beane Joins the Cast of Christopher Landon’s New Thriller

Published

on

Pictured: Violett Beane in 'Death and Other Details' (2024)

Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day, Freaky) is staying busy here in 2024, directing not only the werewolf movie Big Bad but also an upcoming thriller titled Drop.

The project for Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes is being described as a “fast-paced thriller,” and Deadline reports today that Violett Beane (Truth or Dare) has joined the cast.

Newcomer Jacob Robinson has also signed on to star in the mysterious thriller. Previously announced, Meghann Fahy (“White Lotus”) will be leading the cast.

Landon recently teased on Twitter, “This is my love letter to DePalma.”

Jillian Jacobs and Chris Roach wrote the script.

Michael Bay, Jason Blum, Brad Fuller and Cameron Fuller — “who brought the script in to Platinum Dunes” — are producing the upcoming Drop. Sam Lerner is an executive producer.

THR notes, “The film is a Platinum Dunes and Blumhouse production for Universal.”

Continue Reading