This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nosferatuscreams
    I'm done running them, that's for sure, but I'd play in another horror draft. Kidd showed some interest in hosting the next one, I'd say ask him.
    Maybe me and Kidd can co-run it. That would be a match made in Heaven.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed
      Maybe me and Kidd can co-run it. That would be a match made in Heaven.
      It's a sitcom in the making. We should get this fucker rolling..

DVDs

Recent Flicks
      Jurassic World - 7/10
      Speed - 8.5/10
      John Wick - 9.5/10
      The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
      Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Any idea of when a signup thread will be up?

DVDs

Recent Flicks
        Jurassic World - 7/10
        Speed - 8.5/10
        John Wick - 9.5/10
        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatuscreams
          I'm done running them, that's for sure, but I'd play in another horror draft. Kidd showed some interest in hosting the next one, I'd say ask him.
          I AM thinking about returning to run the next horror game.

Evil comes full circle.

When some of these other games die, I'd like to get things started. So many friggin' draft games going on puts a hurting on the horror draft. In a perfect world, it would be the ONLY game running at the time, just so everyone stays focused on voting and playing.

Comment

Originally posted by kiddcapone
            I AM thinking about returning to run the next horror game.

Evil comes full circle.

When some of these other games die, I'd like to get things started. So many friggin' draft games going on puts a hurting on the horror draft. In a perfect world, it would be the ONLY game running at the time, just so everyone stays focused on voting and playing.

They aren't going to die for a few months, you can bet on that. The Wrestling draft hasn't even finished drafting and an All Genre Character Draft is happening soon. If you want to take over, go for it. If not, I'm going to get this off the ground by July. By that time I hope at least the Artist and the Video game draft are over.

If you take over, go for some strict rules. People need to learn to PM their picks instead of coming in 2 days later saying sorry only to do it again their next turn. I say, you miss your turn, you have to wait until your turn comes up again to make the pick. If you miss two turns at all, you're out of the game. These things are wait made the draft take forever, slackers.
            sigpic

Comment

If you take over, go for some strict rules. People need to learn to PM their picks instead of coming in 2 days later saying sorry only to do it again their next turn. I say, you miss your turn, you have to wait until your turn comes up again to make the pick. If you miss two turns at all, you're out of the game. These things are wait made the draft take forever, slackers.
              Most definitely.
              http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...john+doe+se7en

TOP 20 ALL-TIME (at present time)

http://www.ymdb.com/se7en11/l40364_ukuk.html

Comment

I've always been a fan of setting up a night and time (with atleast a month's notice) that's best for the most people and doing a live draft in a chatroom. Most people have free time in the summer months. If you need to stay up late or get up early (depending on the time zone), you have an entire month to prepare for it.

We could bang out the entire draft in a few hours. For each pick you'll have 5 or 10 minutes on the clock.

It could create some fun conversations during the draft....plus, it's DIFFERENT from the same usual drafts we've been doing.

Comment

I'm going to get this off the ground by July.
                  Hooray! Bring on the sign up sheet.

Most people have free time in the summer months. If you need to stay up late or get up early (depending on the time zone), you have an entire month to prepare for it.
                  That would be cool for MOST people, but then SOME people on the other side of the planet can't take part because it's winter and we're working full time at the moment.

Comment

I'm leaving it up to kidd. I don't want him to feel like I'm trying to take over the game. I start a sign up sheet on the 18th if he doesn't oppose.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tyger
                      That would be cool for MOST people, but then SOME people on the other side of the planet can't take part because it's winter and we're working full time at the moment.
                      You can always give your list to someone you trust that WILL be in the chatroom during the draft. Send a representative or trusted person who is playing.

I think a month notice, plus on the weekend, is enough time for everyone to set aside a few hours or set-up a backup plan if they can't make it. If 25 people can make it and 2 or 3 can't, it might be a too bad so sad situation.

We've done the draft the old way plenty of times. Variety is the spice of life.

Comment

We've done the draft the old way plenty of times. Variety is the spice of life.
                        That's true, but I also think the old way would help the Horror Draft get noticed. Getting everything over and done with as quick as possible in a chatroom would probably hurt the voting process, keeping it all on the boards and allowing people who aren't participating in the draft to see the whole game being played would hopefully keep them interested and keep the number of votes reasonably high. The drafting process is very long and frustrating, but I really think it would be a mistake to change it... especialy with the amount of other drafts that are in everyones faces at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyger
                          That's true, but I also think the old way would help the Horror Draft get noticed. Getting everything over and done with as quick as possible in a chatroom would probably hurt the voting process, keeping it all on the boards and allowing people who aren't participating in the draft to see the whole game being played would hopefully keep them interested and keep the number of votes reasonably high. The drafting process is very long and frustrating, but I really think it would be a mistake to change it... especialy with the amount of other drafts that are in everyones faces at the moment.
                          I'm open to all suggestions. Maybe we'll post a poll or something. I just thought a live draft would be different and fun because of all the banter that might go back and forth inbetween picks. Plus when people have less time to pick, they might panic on the clock and take something they might not have if given an entire day to wait.

Not to mention my hatred for people who sign up and then no show when it's turn holding everyone up.

Comment

Not to mention my hatred for people who sign up and then no show when it's turn holding everyone up.
                            That's the main thing that worries me this time around. The site has grown a lot since last year so there will be a lot of new people signing up, but the problem is we have no way of knowing if they're reliable or not... unless we can come up with some sort of screening process.

Comment

I wouldn't participate if it were an all at once live chat room draft. To me that takes away the fun in what the draft brings, for me anyway. The drafting is the fun part, everything else is secondary. To see 3-4 picks per day, to log on and see that, to keep interest in the site as a whole, to keep coming back day after day is great. What people forget is that the draft was only supposed to be a secondary thing you check every day, and then move on to other threads that interest you. People are so focussed on finishing it when I wouldn't care if it took a couple of months, as long as picks were being made daily. A live draft would be like a dumbed down version where film talk would be really limited, to a few snappy one liners, in the regular drafts full blown discussions start and it's interesting. Strategy is in place, like a game of chess, picking according to how things are shaping up. I think live drafts only work for fantasy sports leagues. You can do it any way you choose, just thought I'd give my thoughts on it.
                              Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Oh, and the draft should be limited to regular members, or long time members. No offence to the newer people, but it's just not interesting for everybody we don't know picking. I'd rather compete against people we've all known for a while, who have contributed quite a bit. I'd say limit applicants to members with 500+ posts or something. So you know they'll play.
                                Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Working...
                                X