Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Horror Draft: Discussion Thread - Mr. Bungle wins!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
    It's actually a really nice box set.....jerk.

This is where it's at:

One of my favourite purchases.

Comment

• Fuck me, the $15 is region A and the free region is $30.

I don't know if my player is region free. It says it's region 4 for DVD's but I've tested it, and its an all region player.

It says it's region B for BluRays, but I don't really want to have to buy a Blu to test it.

Why technology!? WHHHY?!
      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
      Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
      My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ov_Hell View Post

This is where it's at:

That one has way more extras, but the new Anchor Bay Blu has the better transfer.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

This is where it's at:

I think that's the $30 region free one. I can't see any of that shit in the photos though, it just has the same case
          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
          My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
            That one has way more extras, but the new Anchor Bay Blu has the better transfer.
            Transfers, schmansfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
              I think that's the $30 region free one. I can't see any of that shit in the photos though, it just has the same case
              It's region B (Australia/UK players).

Comment

It's region B (Australia/UK players).
                http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Battle...Blu-ray/14917/

That one is region free.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Battle...Blu-ray/35040/

And that one is half it's price and better transfer, mildly.

But I don't know what my player is region wise because the A-Hole fucked up with the sticker.

Fuck life, I want it to fucking end. For everyone.

My little idiot..

Comment

• House on Haunted Hill +2 I saw that at a local theatre and it was good cheesy fun.
                  Tremors 0 a bit overrated... cool creature effects, though
                  Let Me In -3 beat for beat remake with half of the soul of the original

Originally posted by oxley View Post
                  Imagin if the dinosaures in JP were given lazers. Now THAT'S horror.

Haha, I used to have those toys when I was a kid.

Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                  genre definition is subjective. you just said so.

There is always leeway for interpretations, but art is a medium for a communication. Thus, to communicate two conflicting ideas at once would be a contradiction.

Originally posted by zombaddict View Post

Just donate it to the one you beat if you don't like it.

If they don't want it......well.......fuck you all it's going in the fucking trash.........
                  Your new avatar freaks me out dude.

Originally posted by oxley View Post
                  Whhhat? No...

You do realise she is fucked up before Dennings even meets her????
                  Dennings knew them before the events of the film.

Not to mention we see it through the mothers, and the maid's "eyes" as well.
                  It's not until the exorcism idea is brought up by the doctors that Reagan shows all of the classic signs of 'possession'. Before she was just a slightly disturbed girl.

And things like the crap walk scene. Also, the face of The Devil/Pazuzu whoever it is, appearing in some scenes.
                  Film is a visual medium.. so that is up for interpretation.

No, just no. I don't know how you, or anyone even gets that. That's retarded.
                  Jumping to conclusions..

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post

Completely unnecessary remake.
                  Agree.

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                  Just a thought, but next time you offer a prize maybe did it at the beginning of the draft rather than halfway through.
                  This way the people that drafted nothing but obscure films because they did not know a prize would be involved, would have a chance to draft all vanilla in the hopes of winning.
                  I doubt it would make any difference. Bragging rights is enough for many people.

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                  And ChloŽ Moretz did an excellent job, I'd say more convincing.
                  Moretz sucks.

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                  Jenkins >>> CGI Cats.
                  Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                  The only thing I didn't like was some of the CGI bits with Moretz attacking her victims.
                  CGI cats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CGI Moretz

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                  The cats in the original were worse.
                  It was meant to be funny..

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                    Your new avatar freaks me out dude.
                    [YOUTUBE]16ytbVFamEA[/YOUTUBE]

1:31 - 2:03

My fave clip of all time............ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                      That's an awesome prize dude, I should have responded. I was up to my neck in breaking up fights at my high school today and I've been too frazzled to respond.
                      i broke up a fight while leaving school today! im a pre-k teacher, but my big ole public high school goes up to eight grade. i know lots of teachers who won't go near a fight for fear of getting sued (or hurt, i suppose), but i just don't get that mentality. the kids are our responsibility, dumb-asses tho they may be. rock on, man. blessed are the peacemakers.

If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                      Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                      So frightened of dying
                      Relax, yes, I’m trying
                      But fear's got a hold on me

Comment

Moretz sucks.

CGI cats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CGI Moretz

It was meant to be funny..

But you're member of the group Let Me In fans .. Hypocrite.

Comment

Thus, to communicate two conflicting ideas at once would be a contradiction.
                          you don't really believe that horseshit, do you? how is the communication of "conflicting" ideas at once a contradiction? who determines if they're in conflict?

while the artist certainly has intent, the experiencer of the art does, that's who.

If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                          Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                          So frightened of dying
                          Relax, yes, I’m trying
                          But fear's got a hold on me

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                            i broke up a fight while leaving school today! im a pre-k teacher, but my big ole public high school goes up to eight grade. i know lots of teachers who won't go near a fight for fear of getting sued (or hurt, i suppose), but i just don't get that mentality. the kids are our responsibility, dumb-asses tho they may be. rock on, man. blessed are the peacemakers.
                            If the kids are smart, they put it somewhere and the kids block it off so the teachers can't get in.

Also, we used to take boxing gloves to school. And you'd dish shit out in the P.E. changing rooms. It was awesome. Although some kids would get questions going back to class busted. Ahhhwell.

My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                              But you're member of the group Let Me In fans .. Hypocrite.
                              Seriously?
                              54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Not a fan of Let Me In.

Most pointless remake ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X