Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Horror Draft: Discussion Thread - Mr. Bungle wins!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post

Best line in the movie:

[SPOILER]"You fuck him and Iíll grab him by the balls."[/SPOILER]
    I want to own this movie but like 90% of all the other Anchor Bay discs it's gone OOP.

A shame too because it's a solid flick.

Comment

• I blind bought Baby Blood years ago and I remember hating it. I'll have to go back to it though as I don't really remember anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
        I want to own this movie but like 90% of all the other Anchor Bay discs it's gone OOP.

A shame too because it's a solid flick.
        That sucks.
        54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
          I blind bought Baby Blood years ago and I remember hating it. I'll have to go back to it though as I don't really remember anything about it.
          Baby Blood vs Possession!!!!!!!111

A couple reviews I've read actually compared the two, although I still feel that a better comparison is with Brain Damage.
          54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
            Did you swallow LSD or what? Can't believe the shit I am reading here.

It is. Shit ain't comment-worthy at all.

I can get the enthusiasm for Alien 3, but it is absolutely and in now way superior to the awesomeness of Fight Club. Besides that, FC did have a message, Alien 3 not. Plus, you really can't compare two different genres against each other, makes actually no sense at all.
            I still wonder why 20th Century Fox did release such socially controversial stuff like FC under their wings.
            FC is pure shit.

Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
            But Alien 3 is horror What a hypocritical statement. It's a million times more horror than Alien 3 LOL...
            How so? If you're calling Alien 3 not horror, why do you view the original as horror? It's pretty much the same in tone. I don't get your argument, and just because a film is 'violent' doesn't mean it's horror. In that case I'll draft Rambo 4.

Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
            Nothing Rob Zombie has ever done can even come close to comparing to Fight Club. Fact
            H2 does.

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
            Alien 3 took like 2-3 years to make, maybe even 5. It started out as the first AvP, but it just wasn't coming together, then the "team" making it, and note it was just at the "project" stage at this point, a proto version of Alien 3 that was highly focused around Newt started circulating. That didn't really come together either. Then Sigorney Weaver got in on the project and helped put together a more doable version, but the studio was losing patience and basically said "shit or get off the pot" So now Sigorney and Team scrambled to get the Alien 3 we now know ready for filming.

Now I do really like Alien 3, but development hell and studio pressures gave it a direction many are unsatisfied with. I think the biggest gripe tho, and I have it too, is that Newt and Hicks deserved far better then they got.

Once you get past that tho, I think we get a very good movie, but one that can be hard to forgive vs a movie that should have been.

I like the fact Hicks and Newt are gone, yeah maybe it could have been less harsh, but I rather Ripley on her own.

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
            I agree, Fight Club is way overrated.
            I think the only Fincher movies I've seen are Alien 3 and Fight Club, and I'll take Alien 3 over Fight Club any day of the week.

Originally posted by bizarre_eye View Post
            I also like Alien 3. I may even go as far as saying it's my favourite Fincher film...
            It is my favourite Flincher flick, that I've seen.

Pick's in. Bring on the hate, you cunts!
            Good pick. Will be a +1 or 2. Easily one of the best remakes. The hate for it is retarded. I don't know why the F13 films are seen as amazing, sure they are fun, but it's just mindless crap really. I love them, but for what they are, a lot of people love them for what they're not.

The remake had everything the originals did, maybe the kills weren't as cool, but that's no biggie. The characters and also been annoying and making fuckwit jokes in all the F13 films. So that argument is invalid.

Haters gonna hate, right? I thought it did the first four films in the series justice.
            This. And anyone who tries to say otherwise is kidding themself. If you hate this so much, it's simply because it's a remake.
            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
            Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
            My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
              I never saw the series but I'll be sure to check out the movie (It's on Youtube).
              Make sure you do. It's way different from the series, meaning that a lot of it might go over your head and it's a lot more darker, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Comment

• Alien > Alien 3 > Aliens.

Also, I've said it many times before, but...

Zodiac > The Game > Alien 3 & Se7en > Fight Club.

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                Cronos...man! What a brave pick! Hugely underrated film from Guillermo del Toro, before he made movies like Hellboy and shit. I would recommend it to everybody around here.

Del Toro is one of my favorite filmmakers, and CRONOS is no exception in his near-flawless catalog. Probably my favorite vampire movie ever (along with Thirst ). Would've drafted it ages ago but I've had it in a previous draft. But with 14 rounds now, I don't give a shit about re-drafting.

Also, the Criterion Blu......
                Last edited by Fates Designer; 10-30-2012, 11:14 PM.
                2014 DRAFT

1. The Raid 2 [Evans, 2014]
                2. Lost in Translation [Coppola, 2003]
                3. Frances Ha [Baumbach, 2012]
                4. Take Shelter [Nichols, 2011]
                5. Under the Skin [Glazer, 2013]
                6. The Grand Budapest Hotel [Anderson, 2014]
                7. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World [Wright, 2010]
                8. Lady Vengeance [Park, 2005]
                9. Eastern Promises [Cronenberg, 2007]
                10. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang [Black, 2005]

LASTFM - PHOTOGRAPHY - DVDAF - FACEBOOK

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post

How so? If you're calling Alien 3 not horror, why do you view the original as horror? It's pretty much the same in tone. I don't get your argument, and just because a film is 'violent' doesn't mean it's horror. In that case I'll draft Rambo 4.
                  Alien in essence was a "slasher movie in space", so of course it should be thought of as a horror film first and foremost. The rest are clearly sci-fi.

You're choosing to be dense on this subject and I can't fathom why. You bitch about me choosing I Saw The Devil, saying it's not horror, then you immediately draft a fucking sci-fi film????? That is some insane logic.

Oh and if you give my pick a -3, expect the same from me

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                    I'm feeling insecure.

Any thoughts on Fire Walk With Me ?

Love it, definitely a +2. Nice choice...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fates Designer View Post
                      Alien > Alien 3 > Aliens.
                      I'm starting to lean that way too. I'm not sure why, but I can watch Alien 3 a lot more I can Aliens. I love them both, but 3 is so much closer to the original. Whereas 2 and 4 are similar tone wise.
                      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                      My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
                        Alien in essence was a "slasher movie in space", so of course it should be thought of as a horror film first and foremost. The rest are clearly sci-fi.

You're choosing to be dense on this subject and I can't fathom why. You bitch about me choosing I Saw The Devil, saying it's not horror, then you immediately draft a fucking sci-fi film????? That is some insane logic.

Oh and if you give my pick a -3, expect the same from me
                        I don't see how Alien 3 wouldn't be classed as a 'Slasher in space' if the original is.

I never thought of Alien as a slasher. I've always thought of it as horror/sci-fi. Which same goes for Alien 3.

And giving someone a -3 because they give you one? How old are you again? Are you going to do the same to the person who picked Aliens if they score a pick badly? Seeing how Aliens is more actionie.

My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post

And giving someone a -3 because they give you one? How old are you again? Are you going to do the same to the person who picked Aliens if they score a pick badly? Seeing how Aliens is more actionie.
                          If you give one of your favorite films (you claim) a -3 because you claim it isn't horror (which is entirely subjective) then I will simply grade Alien 3 a -3 since I consider it science fiction. It's not vindictive in the least.

You ask how old I am but you seem to be the one that can't grasp simple logic oxley....

Comment

• Oh and Happy Birthday Ultimate High

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
                              If you give one of your favorite films (you claim) a -3 because you claim it isn't horror (which is entirely subjective) then I will simply grade Alien 3 a -3 since I consider it science fiction. It's not vindictive in the least.

You ask how old I am but you seem to be the one that can't grasp simple logic oxley....
                              I couldn't give two fucks what you score my film really, but scoring it DEPENDING on how I score one on your list, is very childish no matter how you put it.

You already said you don't think 'Alien 3' is horror, so don't give it a positive score at all. I couldn't care. Give any film of mine -3. It's a fucking game, over the Internet. It really, really isn't going to get me all shitty.

I've had no previous arguments with you and I'm not about to write you up, or you write me up on a shit list over something so substantial.

My little idiot..

Comment

• The horror/non horror debate is hurting my head.

It's all subjective. That's now my stance.

Comment

Working...
                                X