Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Horror Draft: Discussion Thread - Mr. Bungle wins!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
    Because it's a brand name I despise. It's like asking "how can someone hate a McDonald's restaurant they have never been into?" BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL EXACTLY THE F'KING SAME.
    So does that mean you dislike the first TCM too?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cemetery_Man View Post
      So does that mean you dislike the first TCM too?
      I'm sure you are already aware, but are probably just testing my mantle, that the 1974 film was an independent production.. and definitely was not a brand name franchise at that point.

      Comment


      • Watched Kwaidan & Stir of Echoes. Very impressed by both.

        You dicks owe me a watch from my list (Fates & Bungle).

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
          Not the hugest fan of TCM The Beginning.

          It's a nasty piece of work.
          You should watch 'The New York Ripper' then. It's a vile and repellent film. I can give props to the muder set-pieces for being well executed but other than it is truly "a nasty piece of work".

          Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
          Final Destination and Texas Chainsaw sequels/prequels/remakes/re-quels I refuse to watch.. sorry, but those things have no charm at all. -3
          You cannot judge a film without seeing it first for yourself. You should score them H/S.

          Originally posted by oxley View Post
          Just finished watching Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil.

          Omg that was one of the most bad ass movies I've seen for AGES! +3

          Rusted you have NO soul.
          Originally posted by oxley View Post
          I'm so glad I watched it. It got me out of my shit mood too.

          Can't wait to watch it with one of my mates, we have the exact same retarded humour, it'll be awesome. Better make sure we're pissed too. Such a fun flick!

          I seriously can't remember the last time I had that much fun watching a film. Even the 3 main characters were all lovable. And the chiccck. Jesus fucking Christ. I want to be in her.
          That's good to hear. I've had it for ages but I still haven't got around to seeing it. Now I just might have to.

          Originally posted by Cemetery_Man View Post
          How can someone give a -3 to a movie that they haven't watched?
          Exactly.

          Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
          Because it's a brand name I despise. It's like asking "how can someone hate a McDonald's restaurant they have never been into?" BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL EXACTLY THE F'KING SAME.
          Like what Cem said...

          Originally posted by Cemetery_Man View Post
          So does that mean you dislike the first TCM too?
          Last edited by Vlad The Impaler; 11-15-2012, 06:47 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
            I'm sure you are already aware, but are probably just testing my mantle, that the 1974 film was an independent production.. and definitely was not a brand name franchise at that point.
            Yes, but if it's an independent film that you like then what reason have you got to dislike the now brand name? You have no reason for not watching the sequels. You're missing out on TCM 2. It fucking rocks!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
              Not really, it just makes you look like a hipster douchebag.

              Weird and nonsensical just for the sake of it is just boring to me..
              .
              Every hear of symbolism? You talk a lot of shit about movies that you never saw before .. You're the type of member that's just wrong on so many levels.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                Every hear of symbolism? You talk a lot of shit about movies that you never saw before .. You're the type of member that's just wrong on so many levels.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by King_ov_Hell View Post
                  It's his best movie.

                  You mean like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rROUtkFsBv8


                  Now nobody better give me a 0 since King was so good to upload it for me. Easily one of the best movie's you've never seen...

                  Originally posted by King_ov_Hell View Post
                  Watched Kwaidan & Stir of Echoes. Very impressed by both.

                  You dicks owe me a watch from my list (Fates & Bungle).
                  Going to watch Poison The Fairies and The Golem later tonight!
                  Last edited by The Bear Jew; 11-15-2012, 07:24 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
                    Yes, but if it's an independent film that you like then what reason have you got to dislike the now brand name? You have no reason for not watching the sequels. You're missing out on TCM 2. It fucking rocks!
                    I've seen TCM 2 and the remake. Both very poor compared to the original.

                    Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                    Every hear of symbolism? You talk a lot of shit about movies that you never saw before .. You're the type of member that's just wrong on so many levels.
                    Well I try and back up most of what I say but I still get shit on.. But I pay of no mind.

                    Yes, symbolism is a very good technique, so long as it is used correctly. If I have to decipher hidden meanings just to enjoy a film, then it is very poor technique. A smart filmmaker would use multiple layers of meaning.. Stanley Kubrick for example, was genius at this.. But Jodorowsky is far too blatant, hence being forever confined to obscure arthouse status.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cemetery_Man View Post
                      Is Rabid considered a zombie movie or is it labeled the same thing as 28 Days Later & 28 Weeks Later?
                      It's credited with starting the 28 Days Later craze. You can make the argument that this was based on the Crazies as well, which I wouldn't argue with, but the look of the Rabid people, seems to be mirrored more directly by the infected.

                      I hope a blu-ray comes out soon. I love it.

                      Comment


                      • Grizzly +2

                        Watched this a few days ago and realized I had seen it before. It's basically in the same family as Piranha, except that it doesn't claim that the killer bear is anything manipulated by science. I love that it's a pretty tame pace and plot, until the bear attacks two thirds of the way through and you see the attack through the bears point of view, including watching his paw swiping at people. Classic. I loved movies like this as a child and still love them now.
                        Last edited by Caustic Coffee; 11-15-2012, 07:46 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post


                          Now nobody better give me a 0 since King was so good to upload it for me. Easily one of the best movie's you've never seen...


                          'Rabid' is one of Cronenberg's early best. I would give you a +3 for it, but sadly as you won't be making it into round 2 I won't be able to. Especially as you fucked up picking 'The New York Ripper'.



                          Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                          I've seen TCM 2 and the remake. Both very poor compared to the original.
                          Yeah, the remake is at best mediocre. However, TCM 2 borders on genius. I didn't like it much either when I first saw it but i have grown to appreciate it. Tobe Hooper never tried to make the same film as he knew he couldn't top it. It's basically a black comedy parody of the original. It is a unique movie in it's own right.

                          Comment


                          • I'd really like to make my pick sometime today. C'mon guys, let's keep this bitch moving!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
                              Yeah, the remake is at best mediocre. However, TCM 2 borders on genius. I didn't like it much either when I first saw it but i have grown to appreciate it. Tobe Hooper never tried to make the same film as he knew he couldn't top it. It's basically a black comedy parody of the original. It is a unique movie in it's own right.
                              The original had plenty of black comedy in it but people didn't get it so that's why he made the sequel.. he wanted to ram the comedy right in your face but it came off goofy instead.

                              So therefore, it's a fairly useless sequel and completely kills the horror set up by the original.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post


                                'Rabid' is one of Cronenberg's early best. I would give you a +3 for it, but sadly as you won't be making it into round 2 I won't be able to. Especially as you fucked up picking 'The New York Ripper'.
                                I didn't draft Rabid, that was Caustic. King uploaded Brian Paulin's Fetus( which I bet you've never seen)

                                I'm not sure you should count me out just yet pal, I think I have a pretty good list and I even included 2 recs....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X