Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Horror Draft: Discussion Thread - Mr. Bungle wins!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
    Good on ya Geek for taking the time to watch it - I really need to catch a shitload of films on here to score them appropriately.

There's about fifty bloody films I should watch before I should vote.

'The Baby's Room' was well creepy man - those scenes of the bloke seeing through the lens of the baby monitor/video thingy were superbly done and that one bit where he rolled over in bed and saw the black demon thingy looming over the cot was terrifying!

Anyway - kudos for watching it mate.
    The baby monitor thing was extremely well done. I got a bit confused by the end but it was a creepy fun time none the less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayy View Post
      Going to try and watch a few flicks this afternoon.

Anyone want to trade off a movie or two?
      I've seen your entire list. Checked off Arachnophobia the other day. Pretty kick arse (+2).

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
        Also puzzled why no one drafted this:

I really wanted to pick this one but I really thought I'd get slammed with the "That's not horror" from people and although horrific what happens to the "kids" that's where the horror ends in this.
        "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
          The subs I had for Livid were TERRIBLE. I got what they were saying most of the time but fuck whoever did them couldn't spell to save their life.
          I had the same problem. Sometimes they were all ass backwards. It wasn't a huge hindrance though as there wasn't much talking later on in the film.

Comment

• Anyone wanna trade a film or two to watch?

Comment

• Winterbeast for those who wanted it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNUYcnBgU2Q

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ov_Hell View Post
                Winterbeast for those who wanted it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNUYcnBgU2Q

Thank you so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ov_Hell View Post
                  Winterbeast for those who wanted it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNUYcnBgU2Q

I shall be watching it tonight. Thanks again for uploading so many movies to Youtube.

I tried watching a pick earlier, but the Youtube video kept pausing. Google Chrome's acting funny, at least for me. Internet Explorer seems fine, though.
                  54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Street Trash +2

I've had a good run with catching the good movies to watch. Turns out I had seen this before as well, but I was thrilled to see it again. Youtube is fine at work, but the torrent of this is fairly good, so I got to see it from my couch. It always kind of reminded me of a Troma film (in a good way), but I never quite got the whole, it's supposed to offend everyone vibe that it was intended for. This was what the director had in mind according to an article I read. It just seemed like perfect 80's dark humor, fitting for a saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                      Street Trash +2

I've had a good run with catching the good movies to watch. Turns out I had seen this before as well, but I was thrilled to see it again. Youtube is fine at work, but the torrent of this is fairly good, so I got to see it from my couch. It always kind of reminded me of a Troma film (in a good way), but I never quite got the whole, it's supposed to offend everyone vibe that it was intended for. This was what the director had in mind according to an article I read. It just seemed like perfect 80's dark humor, fitting for a saturday night.

On the commentary track for The Toxic Avenger, Lloyd Kaufman mentions how he hates this movie.

Why? we never find out.

Comment

On the commentary track for The Toxic Avenger, Lloyd Kaufman mentions how he hates this movie.

Why? we never find out.
                        Probably because it beats many of his movies at their own game.

Comment

Well I personally wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't put it up against most of the films they have made.

Sure as shit beats several of the films they've picked up, though.

Comment

I enjoyed Street Trash a hell of a lot more than the Troma movies I've seen.
                            54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                              I enjoyed Street Trash a hell of a lot more than the Troma movies I've seen.
                              Troma films are an acquired taste so I won't give you any shit.

Plus I like you.

That's why I'm going to kill you last.

Comment

Troma films are an acquired taste so I won't give you any shit.

Plus I like you.

That's why I'm going to kill you last.
                                Yeah, I recognize my sentiment (and Puff's) put's you in a position to pit one of your movies against another, but outside of the Toxie chapters and a few others, quite a few Troma's come up short.

Comment

Working...
                                X