Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Horror Draft: Discussion Thread - Mr. Bungle wins!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's 1:00PM eastern. Where's the next set of matches???

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
      It's 1:00PM eastern. Where's the next set of matches???
      Next match is up, happy?
      I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by bizarre_eye View Post
        Also, I've finished scoring the lists and aside from myself, Fates Designer has the best list (by perfection %).
        Well, fuck, that's awesome. Always nice to see some love.

I'll get around to voting later. I procrastinate everything.
        2014 DRAFT

1. The Raid 2 [Evans, 2014]
        2. Lost in Translation [Coppola, 2003]
        3. Frances Ha [Baumbach, 2012]
        4. Take Shelter [Nichols, 2011]
        5. Under the Skin [Glazer, 2013]
        6. The Grand Budapest Hotel [Anderson, 2014]
        7. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World [Wright, 2010]
        8. Lady Vengeance [Park, 2005]
        9. Eastern Promises [Cronenberg, 2007]
        10. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang [Black, 2005]

LASTFM - PHOTOGRAPHY - DVDAF - FACEBOOK

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
          Next match is up, happy?
          While i can appreciate the comedic element of that thread, it should be deleted. Hopefully it won't confuse people and detract them from voting in my match with Puf.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
            While i can appreciate the comedic element of that thread, it should be deleted. Hopefully it won't confuse people and detract them from voting in my match with Puf.
            I was just thinking that.
            54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
              Don't tell me how to vote, my fellow countrymen. I already explained in meticulous detail my voting system. I am voting on the quality of the recommendation, not because of how classic or popular a movie is. So I'm a troll if I don't give Evil Dead an automatic +3 just because it is a classic? Twilight isn't even horror, so of course I would give that a -3. This is a horror draft.

Recommending me a horror film.. one that is underrated or that I didn't know of, will get a positive score from me no matter what. Even if I see it and don't like it. This to me, is what these drafts should be about, finding out about different horror films, not just the classics that everybody knows about. I want to give a chance to more obscure movies.

If that makes me a troll, then what a shitty world this has become. You people don't want to put any effort into anything and just do the same old thing over and over. To hell with that.. and again, stop telling me how to vote.

Comment

• For me just because I gave a 0 doesnt mean the movie in my eyes was god awful. To me that's like scoring a 5/10 and with some movies selected I think thats very generous.
                "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

• I'm getting slaughtered by Vanilla Coffee.

I have seen this coming from miles away.

Comment

I'm getting slaughtered by Vanilla Coffee.

I have seen this coming from miles away.
                    Me too but you have a few good picks I love like Wolf Creek defintely a +3 for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
                      Me too but you have a few good picks I love like Wolf Creek defintely a +3 for me.
                      Well you introduced me to Ils, which I am forever grateful for, as I very much enjoyed that movie.

Comment

Well you introduced me to Ils, which I am forever grateful for, as I very much enjoyed that movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by bizarre_eye View Post
                          Thanks for the list love everyone. I was honestly expecting my usual quick first round exit and a lot more H/S's, but it's nice to see, that for the most part, people are checking out and enjoying some of my picks.

I got so many great films from you.

I, thankyou

Comment

• Just watched:

Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural
                            - weird dreamlike vampire movie, yes I liked it a lot..

Grizzly - was expecting some guy in a cheesy bear suit, but they used real footage of grizzlies.. this was an awesome 70s B-movie Jaws knock-off.. grenade launcher to the bear is classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                              I got so many great films from you.

I, thankyou
                              That's nice to hear! I get a lot more satisfaction from introducing someone to something new that they enjoy than 'winning'.

Comment

• I'm surprised anyone voted in my favour.

Comment

Working...
                                X