2013 All Genre Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    Looks can be deceiving when it comes to movies, and I've been surprised far more often than I have been let down.
    So true. I usually have strong reservations regarding upcoming movies, even if they are from renowned directors. A stupid habit, can't tell how I got it in the first place. It can be sometimes very embarrassing.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Ah', Munich.....we meet again.
    I do that on a daily basis, since I live in this city.
    But Santa fool didn't see the movie yet. Not good.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
      So true. I usually have strong reservations regarding upcoming movies, even if they are from renowned directors. A stupid habit, can't tell how I got it in the first place. It can be sometimes very embarrassing.

I do that on a daily basis, since I live in this city.
      But Santa fool didn't see the movie yet. Not good.
      yeah that's what got me interested in see Spring Breakers in the first place, the director.

I will certainly share my opinions when I see it! Hopefully Friday...

Comment

• Didn't find an Blu-ray or HD rip for Munich, a regular DVD rip has to do the job now. If anybody got an HD version, please shoot me a pm.

Btw., Kiss Me Deadly from NRA4ever looks interesting as well. My damn draft movie queue is killing me already - again.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Just watched Dazed and Confused. +3
          Originally posted by The Geek View Post
          I've never seen MUNICH so I'll have to try and watch it before voting.

You know I'd love to watch Spring Breakers but considering it just came out in theaters and there's no way in hell I'm paying $9 to see it in theaters than it will just be getting a H/S from me.
          $9? You're lucky, it is up to like 12 near me.

Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
          Is there a torrent for spring breakers? I dont think movies in theaters should count, sorry Mods. But if you cant rent it or watch on youtube and only available in theaters the person should make another pick. Its like me picking London after Midnight.
          It has always been allowed. Just like with Grindhouse it is left up to the voters to decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
            Just watched Dazed and Confused. +3

$9? You're lucky, it is up to like 12 near me.

It has always been allowed. Just like with Grindhouse it is left up to the voters to decide.
            The benefits for living in the middle of fucking nowhere, it's $7.50 around here. There is an old fashioned 1 screen movie house here in my town (3000 people) and it's $4 for any show before 6pm.

Jake youre just seeing Dazed and Confused? Hell I had that on VHS when I was 14.
            "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
              Spring Breakers +3!

Great film that sticks with you long after viewing it. Highly recommended! Too bad a lot of people won't be able to see it 'til it hits DVD, it's only playing on 1000 screens here in the states.

LOL@ the people that want me to pick another film or say a new release can't be drafted...

As I discussed with Deadly Friend earlier I was picking Spring Breakers because I A: Loved it and B: As a rec to people to check it out as soon as they can....

If I only get 0's so be it, it's only a game and fine by me....

Comment

• Thanks for posting my pick Iggy.

Sleuth has 2 great performances from Michael Caine and Laurence Olivier and I definitely recommend that people check it out. I uploaded it on Youtube unlisted in parts. I'll post the rest of it when I get back on a real computer.

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post

LOL@ the people that want me to pick another film or say a new release can't be drafted...

As I discussed with Deadly Friend earlier I was picking Spring Breakers because I A: Loved it and B: As a rec to people to check it out as soon as they can....

If I only get 0's so be it, it's only a game and fine by me....
                  My issue is I cant fucking see it and not many other can either, Im sorry you dont get that.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                    Thanks for posting my pick Iggy.
                    No problem dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
                      My issue is I cant fucking see it and not many other can either, Im sorry you dont get that.
                      I think he's suggesting that it has been recommended here so hopefully someday down the road we will see it. If it gets +0 I don't think he cares.

I'm in the same boat, I don't care how my list gets scored. I'm drafting some movies I find to be great and hope that you guys check them out yourselves if you haven't already. I always get knocked out of the first round in these things. At least I have my dignity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
                        Like you're going to see every film that's been drafted...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                          I think he's suggesting that it has been recommended here so hopefully someday down the road we will see it. If it gets +0 I don't think he cares.

I'm in the same boat, I don't care how my list gets scored. I'm drafting some movies I find to be great and hope that you guys check them out yourselves if you haven't already. I always get knocked out of the first round in these things. At least I have my dignity.
                          Thanks Revelator for bothering to read my post from earlier, I picked Spring Breakers beacause it's awesome and I want all of you chuckleheads to check it out someday....

Unless we add new releases to the list of banned draft items along with Grindhouse and same Director drafting( the list is starting to get longer)...

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                            ren, another fabulous pick with betty blue. what a great, disturbing, tragic movie.
                            Thank you sir. Glad you like it.

And for those who wish to see it:

http://kat.ph/37-2-le-matin-aka-bett...-t4339209.html

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
                              Thanks Revelator for bothering to read my post from earlier, I picked Spring Breakers beacause it's awesome and I want all of you chuckleheads to check it out someday....

Unless we add new releases to the list of banned draft items along with Grindhouse and same Director drafting( the list is starting to get longer)...
                              Whatever Im not going to argue but Im only saying movies that are still in theaters thats it. I didnt know I wasnt allowed to raise a concern. Carry on damn it.

Comment

• Yeah, drafting movies just released two thirds through the game is pretty stupid. Def a 0.

Hell, in a week we can draft Evil Dead. Then maybe Danny Boyle's new movie Trance...

Comment

Working...
                                X