2013 All Genre Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
    Stand By Me (good one Iggy!), Let the Right One In, and a few others were in contention for my last pick. The Prestige won out though as it's just an awesome movie. There's quite a few movies that should have been drafted that went by this year although that means more recs and less known movies are being picked which is always a good thing. I went more mainstream this year but will be back to more of the less known flicks. Lots of good lists in the draft this year!!!

I can easily say this is the best draft I've ever participated in. Great films with a surprisingly diverse reach... and mostly easygoing discussion among blood disgusting's finest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
      Stand By Me (good one Iggy!), Let the Right One In, and a few others were in contention for my last pick. The Prestige won out though as it's just an awesome movie. There's quite a few movies that should have been drafted that went by this year although that means more recs and less known movies are being picked which is always a good thing. I went more mainstream this year but will be back to more of the less known flicks. Lots of good lists in the draft this year!!!
      No shit! Competition is going to be stiff when voting comes around. I have to say, your list is probably one of my favorites. Plenty of +3s from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
        I can easily say this is the best draft I've ever participated in. Great films with a surprisingly diverse reach... and mostly easygoing almost blood disgusting's finest.
        This could be the least dramatic BD draft ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by NRA4Ever View Post
          For real. It takes an insane turn. I think is one of the best film noirs, and a fascinating look at the 50s Cold War hysteria.
          I'm glad I saved it to my computer. I'll have to watch it again after the draft.

Oh, and the Blonde at the pool party was hot. The secretary too.
          54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post

I've honestly always viewed LTROI as more of a drama/romance with a... wait for it... horror element.
            What was fucking romantic about it? I look at is their relationship was dark but innocent. Where do you get romantic from?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
              That's titties riiiight?
              Yup....
              54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Final pick is in!

This was fun, there's tons of movies I will still be checking out well after voting
                Razorghosts 2015 AGD

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - James Gunn
                2. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
                3. Starship Troopers (1997) - Paul Verhoeven
                4. Blade Runner (1982) - Ridley Scott

5. Europa Report (2013) - Sebastian Cordero
                6. Porky's (1982) - Bob Clark
                7. Swingers (1996) - Doug Liman
                8. The Running Man (1987) - Paul Michael Glaser

9. Weekend at Bernies (1989) - Ted Kotcheff
                10. Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) - Eli Craig

Comment

• Judgement Night ! Fuck! I haven't seen that in ages. I love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                    Judgement Night ! Fuck! I haven't seen that in ages. I love it!
                    The soundtrack was great....the movie, not so much...

Comment

• Judgement Night rocks. +2.

Comment

• is that the movie with Dennis Leory and Emilio Estivez in it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey View Post
                          is that the movie with Dennis Leory and Emilio Estivez in it?

Leary?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
                            Leary?
                            yes, sorry, typo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey View Post
                              yes, sorry, typo.

No problem Frey and yes that's the movie...

Comment

• Can someone please tell me why everyone is deleting their avatars and whatnot? Did I miss something?

Originally posted by Frey View Post
                                What was fucking romantic about it? I look at is their relationship was dark but innocent. Where do you get romantic from?
                                I got the romantic notion primarily from their acceptance of each other and the us-against-the-world-because-we're-outcasts-together evolution of their relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                X