2013 All Genre Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
    Oh well, Caustic Wadd is rooting for asian shit then. I guess there will be sometimes early John Woo as well. I gotta hurry.

Let's see: 13 Assassins = +5 and The Man From Nowhere = Blu-ray still sealed.
    Whenever you get around to Man From Nowhere, I think you'll enjoy it. I've been recommending it to people pretty solid since it came out. There are tons of good action scenes, but what sets it apart is the effective way the writing built up the characters beforehand to heighten the impact of the kidnapping.

This is as solid as it gets.

13 Assassins is slightly more well known, but still not a household item (like it should be). Miike has come a long way.

I have a few more Asian picks in my pocket, but it won't be an exclusively Asian list. I've been watching foreign films fairly often lately, so my list will reflect that. I won't be taking any of the well-known fare that people typically scramble to get to win these things. This will be a more leisurely draft for me.

Comment

• Some nice non-vanilla picks Caustic. Dig both of those films quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
        I won't be taking any of the well-known fare that people typically scramble to get to win these things. This will be a more leisurely draft for me.
        Yeah, the Whore Draft is proof enough - selecting sluts like this Blanka 'ic whore was a quite...interesting play.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
          Some nice non-vanilla picks Caustic. Dig both of those films quite a bit.
          Thank you. I'm going to take my praise when I can get it, because voting time is going to be a lonely feeling for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
            Nipples! REPORTED

If youre going to have nudity, please remember to block it out. Like this:

Last edited by SlayerX; 03-13-2013, 10:10 AM.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
              Yeah, the Whore Draft is proof enough - selecting sluts like this Blanka 'ic whore was a quite...interesting play.
              I don't know what you're talking about, that Syd video was some hot shit. Maybe you just don't know the simple pleasure of having a woman that can kick your ass at will.

Comment

• Very nice picks while I was gone!

Comment

• Favorite lists?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
                    Favorite lists?
                    I think Hannibal Rex has the best list so far...
                    I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post

Comment

• Keep this bitch moving. Get all of Round 2 in today.

Great pick with The Fly.

Comment

• The Man From Nowhere has been on my Netflix queue for like 2 years. Here goes!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
                              Nipples! REPORTED

If youre going to have nudity, please remember to block it out. Like this:

I.HATE.YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
                                Favorite lists?
                                <-----

But seriously, mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X