2013 All Genre Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 All Genre Draft Discussion Thread

It's that time again boys and girls. After a tumultuous horror draft, we're here to see how many people will get banned, run for the hills or quit message boards altogether, while the rest of us compile lists of the ten best movies and let them be voted upon by the BD populous to determine who will be the champion.

Signups are now closed.

Here are the rules:

You must be a member for longer than six months
    You must have at least 500 posts
    You are not a cheater, troll or jackass

Drafting:

A Draft Thread will be posted with the draft order when the time comes. The first person will draft a movie and the next person has a 15 hour window to submit their draft pick. People will continue to draft according to the order, until we get to the last drafter who will submit the last pick of the first round and the first pick of the second round. So if we have 32 participants it will go 1-32 and then 32-1, whereas the first drafter will eventually put two picks in as well. Drafting will continue for 10 rounds. If you have a question, just post in the discussion thread and someone will help. Do not edit your draft picks without telling someone. If you will not be around during your turn, please PM a draft pick and an alternate to another member you trust.

When you submit a pick, please use this format.

Movie (Year) - Director (ex The Dark Knight (200 - Christopher Nolan

* One difference from past drafts, submitting the links to torrents for those hard to find movies is allowed. Feel free!

Voting:

Members will be paired off in matches where everyone else will vote for each individual movie in each list. The easiest way to accomplish this is to score each list and copy and paste that score for each match, so the scores don't differ. Winners will move on and face each other until a champion is crowned.

I joked before, but a few people each year lose their mind in these movie drafts and others will try to cheat. Please keep in mind, this is to spur discussion and have a good time. This is just an internet game, so just have some fun and relax.
    Last edited by Caustic Coffee; 03-10-2013, 08:16 PM.

It begins

Comment

Hell yeah.
      54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

YES!!

Comment

54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
            spoilers!!!! hooray!!!

Comment

I am in - with a vengeance.
              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                When you submit a pick, please use this format.

Movie (Year) - Director (ex The Dark Knight (200 - Christopher Nolan)
                First post and we already got a name dropper, gonna be a looooong draft....
                I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                  If someone drafts 3 or so horror movies who cares IMO to each their own .. People will nitpick everything.
                  I hear ya, but I'm talking about the people who will choose more than half their list as horror. There are tons, tons of good movies out there to choose from.

I'm certainly not against horror, but with a full draft dedicated to horror, choosing only horror seems like a lack of creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                    I'm with you. Time to crackdown on these fools!
                    Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
                    QFT!

I'll be doing the same Caustic...
                    Sweet. The whining at our scores will be gratifying.

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                    So what about those who participate in the draft, but mysteriously disappear then in the finals? We need a rule for that, dear mods. Do your job!
                    If you have a creative punishment in mind, such as used tampons instead of their red skulls, let me know.

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                    Originally posted by The Geek View Post

Soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post

I am in - with a vengeance.

Comment

I've sat out for far too long. Count me in, and prepare to lose, chumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                          I've sat out for far too long. Count me in, and prepare to lose, chumps.
                          Yeah bitch. It's about motherfucking time.

Comment

OK, since I've gotten five signups already, let's open the signups.

Signups are open now! To participate, please PM Dead Breed and Caustic Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                              Yeah bitch. It's about motherfucking time.
                              It's taken me all that time to come up with the perfect, can't lose, list.

You bastards better not fuck it all up.

Comment

Working...
                              X