Connect with us

Video Games

Embracer Group Teases ‘Dead Island 2’ Release Date?

Published

on

After that juicy rumour last week regarding the still-not-dead Dead Island 2, it appears that Embracer Group (which owns publisher Deep Silver) has fed into the rumour during its recent Q3 FY2021/22 report. While not outright stating a release date, Embracer Group CEO Lars Wingefors hinted that Dead Island 2 would be out late this year or early next.

During the Q&A session that followed the report, Carnegie equity research analyst Oscar Erixon posed the question of if it was “reasonable” that people would expect Dead Island 2 to arrive during the next financial year. In doing so, Erixon attempted to goad Wingefors into giving up some info about the game. “People have sort of written off [Dead Island 2], not knowing if it’s still alive. But it very clearly is. I, at least, expect the release this financial year—sorry, next financial year, I should say. Is that reasonable? What can we expect from the title?”

Wingefors stuck to the script with regards to unannounced game. “I can’t talk about Dead Island 2 because it’s not announced, as such, from the publisher, but we have just talked about—we have one unannounced triple-A title that you think is Dead Island 2.” Wingefors also had a bit of a wink in his answer, adding “It’s hard for me to comment further on that. But I’m excited about unannounced titles.”

This coyness is pretty much in line with Deep Silver’s past reactions to fans inquiring about Dead Island 2. Deep Silver had a bit of fun with a fan’s disappointment last year after the new Saints Row game was announced, for example.

The question obviously remains as to when Dead Island 2 will be officially announced, and just when it’ll be released. Who knows? We might just get the answers this year at E3.

Thanks to Video Games Chronicle for the heads up.

Writer/Artist/Gamer from the Great White North. I try not to be boring.

Video Games

Come Face to Face With the Zombie Menace in the Story Trailer for ‘Zombie Army VR’ [Watch]

Published

on

While there’s no definitive release date just yet, Rebellion is teasing fans with a new story trailer for the upcoming Zombie Army VR, which is expected to arrive later this year. The new trailer gives fans and prospective players a glimpse at the Zombie Army VR story campaign, which as you might have guessed, involves occult magic, waves of zombies, and plenty of headshots.

The game’s campaign takes place alongside the events of the Zombie Army series, and sees you take to the field as one of the Deadhunters, an elite squad that is hunting down zombie war criminals. You must fight your way through undead hordes near the bombed-out city of Nuremberg to help Captain Hermann Wolff, the Deadhunter’s legendary leader, find his scattered family and fight to free Europe from the zombie apocalypse.

As you navigate the full-length story campaign either alone or with an ally, you’ll have access to an arsenal of authentic World War II weaponry, including sniper rifles, submachine guns, pistols and more. As one would expect, VR brings a new level of immersion to the action of the Zombie Army series, which will require you to “get to grips” with using your hands to aim your rifle, dual-wield your side arm with a submachine gun, master reloading drills, and tossing grenades.

Zombie Army VR is currently in development for the PlayStation VR2, Meta Quest 2, 3, Pro, Oculus Rift and PC headsets via Steam.

Continue Reading