Steelbook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelbook

Anybody else think these are the greatest things around?

I've got The Departed, Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Die Hard 3, Live Free or Die Hard, Death Proof, Planet Terror, and Platoon. I've just ordered the Robocop one and I'm thinking about getting Hannibal, even though I've never seen the movie. Maybe even The Omen, just for S&G.

Comments? Lists of all the Steelbooks out there?

EDIT: My collection, as of December 13th, 2008...

Added on December 25th, 2008:
    Last edited by Dobe Dobe; 12-25-2008, 07:47 PM.

Ya i know I try to get the steelbook edition whenever possible as well. I just got the hannibal steelbook couple weeks ago.

Spawn the Animated collection comes in steelbook form

Transformers is another one
    [XBOXLIVE]yngwieclone[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

If steelbooks were made available to me I would definitely go that route rather than the traditional choice......but I'm not kidding when I say I've never seen a steelbook version of a DVD in stores. Nor have I seen them made available online where I make most of my DVD purchases.

Comment

Steelbooks? You talkin' about the Futureshop steelbooks? If so, I picked up season three of Battlestar Galactica in a steelbook, so cool.

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

I've got Death Proof, The Departed, I Am Legend, and Planet Terror. Aside from the ones you mentioned, I've seen Versus, Fight Club, Dragon Wars, and probably a few I'm forgetting.

My brother has Akira in a limited edition tin which is basically a clunky steelbook. The hinges on it are horrible. After seeing that, I was hesitant about these steelbooks, but now that I've opened them and looked at them, I think they're awesome.

These might be a couple useful links:

DVD Aficionado all-region search for "steelbook"

http://www.steelbook.com/

Comment

Yep, I love 'em too.

I have...

The Departed
            Death Proof
            Planet Terror
            RoboCop
            Die Hard
            The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
            Live Free or Die Hard

Here's a thread at Joblo.com with all (maybe all) of the steelbooks available.

http://joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113467

Comment

I forgot about the Texas Chainsaw massacre one, that one is really good. I would buy it for the special features alone.
              [XBOXLIVE]yngwieclone[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Leavening View Post
                These might be a couple useful links:

DVD Aficionado all-region search for "steelbook"
                That's going to piss Dobe off... There's a NOTLD steelbook listed.

I've got two that are not listed there. Silent Hill (a different one than is listed) and Duel.

Edit: I just checked on dvdaf and the silent hill I've got is mislabled as "steelbox" instead of book.

Comment

Originally posted by FatMike View Post
                  If steelbooks were made available to me I would definitely go that route rather than the traditional choice......but I'm not kidding when I say I've never seen a steelbook version of a DVD in stores. Nor have I seen them made available online where I make most of my DVD purchases.
                  Same here. Maybe its just Indiana?

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
                  Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

Best Buy has a lot of them... Amazon.com sells them from their Marketplace Sellers. Usually decently priced.
                    Originally posted by brain dead View Post
                    That's going to piss Dobe off... There's a NOTLD steelbook listed.

I'm trying to stay region 1 or 0 though.
                    Originally posted by brain dead View Post
                    I've got two that are not listed there. Silent Hill (a different one than is listed) and Duel.
                    Don't remind me.

Comment

Duel steelbook version sounds.....

Comment

I have three:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
                        Planet Terror
                        Death Proof

I am planning on buying the Die Hard steelbook very soon at Best Buy.

Comment

Duel steelbook version sounds.....
                          I know.
                          Originally posted by NoOne View Post
                          I am planning on buying the Die Hard steelbook very soon at Best Buy.
                          Better hurry, they're not getting anymore available with time. I had to go to two different stores just to find Die Hard 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                            Better hurry, they're not getting anymore available with time. I had to go to two different stores just to find Die Hard 3.
                            The Best Buy near me had quite a few, so I'm hoping they're still around for the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by NoOne View Post
                              The Best Buy near me had quite a few, so I'm hoping they're still around for the next few days.
                              Well, for your sake, I hope the same.

Amazon.ca has a Scary Movie Collection and Ong-Bak Steelbooks.

Comment

Working...
                              X