Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest Blu Ray you've picked up?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CANADARULES View Post
    This is going to be a long list, lol.
    Well pretty much movies that don't have intense action sequences.
    I couldn't disagree more.

I just bought Machete!

Comment

Blindside, soloist, I love you man, American pie series, the proposal and movies like that.
      some of my best Blu Rays are not action oriented in the slightest

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Contact, Let the Right One In, Paris, Texas, and There Will Be Blood are all examples of more dialogue driven films that look absolutely incredible on blu ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Contact, Let the Right One In, Paris, Texas, and There Will Be Blood are all examples of more dialogue driven films that look absolutely incredible on blu ray.
        Not to mention Nature documentaries, anything shot in IMAX, Animation......I could go on and on.

Comment

• Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
          Not to mention Nature documentaries, anything shot in IMAX, Animation......I could go on and on.
          exactly

Life and Planet Earth are mind blowing on blu ray

Comment

Like I need to see someone have an argument, family dinner and or courtroom drama in High definition.

Even though I said intense action sequences. Forgot to add colorful and artsy. Wizard of oz I'd like in bluray

Comment

Blindside, soloist, I love you man, American pie series, the proposal and movies like that.
              Hey I have Coming to America on Blu...And there is nothing like SEXUAL CHOCOLATE in HD.
              My Movies
              +21 BRONZE TRADER

Comment

Like I need to see someone have an argument, family dinner and or courtroom drama in High definition.
                On the contrary, a properly staged dinner scene or courtroom scene can be far more powerful and sweeping than the most epic of battle scenes if all of the pieces fit and the dialogue is not only good but handled with care by the actors. I would prefer to see that in HD in many cases.

edit

Pre-ordered this

Last edited by The Revelator; 01-07-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

And we have a contender for worst post of the year just 7 days into 2011!

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

• Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
                    oh ya those, lolz. those are also worth bluray.

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    On the contrary, a properly staged dinner scene or courtroom scene can be far more powerful and sweeping than the most epic of battle scenes if all of the pieces fit and the dialogue is not only good but handled with care by the actors. I would prefer to see that in HD in many cases.

edit

Pre-ordered this

to each thier own.

Comment

to each thier own.

Comment

• Originally posted by sethdlh View Post
                        And we have a contender for worst post of the year just 7 days into 2011!
                        no

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

Comment

we could be at this all day

Comment

Pre-ordered this
                            I don't have a Blu Ray set yet, but I think I will get this one too, at least I can watch it on my PC. I have already Fight Club on Blu, but the Criterion Benjamin Button is still missing in my Fincher Blu collection. The damn money, you know...
                            The cinematography of his films must look totally stunning on HD - has anyone here watched some stuff on HD from Fincher?

Comment

• Originally posted by Amityville View Post
                              I don't have a Blu Ray set yet, but I think I will get this one too, at least I can watch it on my PC. I have already Fight Club on Blu, but the Criterion Benjamin Button is still missing in my Fincher Blu collection. The damn money, you know...
                              The cinematography of his films must look totally stunning on HD - has anyone here watched some stuff on HD from Fincher?
                              Se7en = excellent blu.
                              Benjamin Button = even excellenter blu.
                              Alien cubed = acceptable blu.

Got the El Mariachi/Desperado double feature today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amityville View Post
                                The only other Fincher film I have on blu is Benjamin Button and it's stellar

I hear The Social Network is quite good as well, I'll be able to report back when it shows up at my house on Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                                X