Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest Blu Ray you've picked up?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kevinb View Post
    We have one here at my local Wal-Mart, there's some good stuff in there
    And i've not converted any of my spaghetti westerns to BR yet. Eventually I will but Ill also continue buying on DVD.

I've spent a good chuck on money for specific sets.
    I.E.

That's nice as hell dude!

I was shocked at the amount of movies they had in there to be honest. If I wasn't in such a hurry that evening and not wanting to overbuy anything I would have spent well over 50 bucks on a few titles that I just needed to go ahead and convert. I've got my ole lady bringing me The Thing, THe Getaway "Mcqueen version", Bettlejuice, and the first 4 Friday the 13th blu rays home tonight after she gets off from work.

Comment

• I've been purchasing a lot of VHS here lately but regardless my Amazon Wishlist has over 400 BR items and most of those can be found in the Wal-Mart $7 bin.

There's also a slew of UK imports I have my eyes on and only a fool would avoid taking advantage of the B&N Criterion 50% off sales. I even purchased a $25 membership last year. Members save an additional $2 off each disc.
      I know one is scheduled for November but they usually do two sales yearly.
      Rambling

Comment

I've been purchasing a lot of VHS here lately but regardless my Amazon Wishlist has over 400 BR items and most of those can be found in the Wal-Mart $7 bin.

There's also a slew of UK imports I have my eyes on and only a fool would avoid taking advantage of the B&N Criterion 50% off sales. I even purchased a $25 membership last year. Members save an additional $2 off each disc.
        I know one is scheduled for November but they usually do two sales yearly.
        Rambling
        I've honestly got more VHS's than I'd like to deal with. I've honestly thought about taking out the rare ones and just giving all of them to Goodwill.

Comment

• Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
          I've honestly got more VHS's than I'd like to deal with. I've honestly thought about taking out the rare ones and just giving all of them to Goodwill.
          I'm not really a 'collector' per se but I noticed there's quite a few movies on VHS that still have not received an official DVD release and that's what the majority of catalog consist of. In example: Angus, Airborne, Class Act (W/ Kid n Play) and lots of early-mid 90's stuff.

I picked up Frankenhooker for 50 cents at Good Will last year. You can find some 'gems' occasionally.

Comment

• Comment

I'm not really a 'collector' per se but I noticed there's quite a few movies on VHS that still have not received an official DVD release and that's what the majority of catalog consist of. In example: Angus, Airborne, Class Act (W/ Kid n Play) and lots of early-mid 90's stuff.

I picked up Frankenhooker for 50 cents at Good Will last year. You can find some 'gems' occasionally.
              Ahhhh good ole Angus. Great soundtrack

Comment

• Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
                Ahhhh good ole Angus. Great soundtrack
                Yeah, loved the movie as a kid. And I'm not referring to the edited TBS version.

Feel free to send me all your VHS tapes by the way. haha

Comment

• *Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

• Infini-Tropolis

Comment

• Comment

• *Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• ^ ^
                              Nice haul! Especially the Soylent Green one. Could you give a small review regarding a/v quality?
                              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• ^Cool buys yoxodo, intruder is a favorite of mine, really underrated slasher.

^^^mmyersisgod, I've always avoided those 2 zombie flicks as they get awful reviews but the trailers tempt me sooo much.

Comment

Working...
                                X