Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest Blu Ray you've picked up?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
    Preordered (release date in October) this UK-steelbook baby here:

It's the 1973 version, of course.
    Do you know if it'll be All-Region?

Comment

Preordered (release date in October) this UK-steelbook baby here:

It's the 1973 version, of course.
      Is that the directors cut? If it is I dont see it looking very good on blu ray since a lot of the scenes only exist on terribly damaged film stock... I have the awesome wooden box set of the film.

Comment

• If that Wicker Man is region free (doubt it is) I am all over it.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
            Do you know if it'll be All-Region?
            Most likely, yes, since this is a Studio Canal release. They usually don't do All-region-coded stuff.
            Pretty dumb those regional codings in a globalized world like this.
            Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
            Is that the directors cut? If it is I dont see it looking very good on blu ray since a lot of the scenes only exist on terribly damaged film stock... I have the awesome wooden box set of the film.
            I have no info on that, according to my source here. But since the directors cut scenes are to my knowledge on 1 inch tape only, producing VHS-like results even on DVD, the outcome on HD won't be that awesome.
            And yes, I got the wooden box as well.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Most likely, yes, since this is a Studio Canal release. They usually don't do All-region-coded stuff.
              Pretty dumb those regional codings in a globalized world like this.

I have no info on that, according to my source here. But since the directors cut scenes are to my knowledge on 1 inch tape only, producing VHS-like results even on DVD, the outcome on HD won't be that awesome.
              Yeah I don't think it's the directors cut. Still seems like an awesome set though. The wooden box is amazing

Comment

Twas so sad when mine fell and part of it broke.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
                  Twas so sad when mine fell and part of it broke.
                  Chances are still high to snatch one off Ebay. They aren't that expensive anymore, so to speak for the Tin boxes like Evil Dead 2, Hellraiser or Halloween 4.
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Chances are still high to snatch one off Ebay. They aren't that expensive anymore, so to speak for the Tin boxes like Evil Dead 2, Hellraiser or Halloween 4.
                    Yah, I picked the Evil Dead 2 tin up for under $5 on ebay a while back, although The Beyond cost me a few times more a while ago. Trying to pick them all up.
                    My Movie Review Blog
                    The Movie Log

Recently Reviewed:
                    The Night Porter
                    Black Dynamite
                    Dark Shadows
                    Underworld: Awakening
                    The Cabin in the Woods

"and you can shove that part about how you lost the ability to hunt for food when you learned how to talk!"

Comment

• Last blu-ray I purchased was The Evil Dead's.

Pretty awesome! The FX screw-ups are more obvious than ever, which is great because that just adds to its charm. I love this god damned movie.

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post

Read a few days ago the Great Escape has a poor transfer. Bummer
                              I really wanna pick that up but I'll wait for a re-release

Comment

• Bottom one is One Hour Photo.

Comment

Working...
                                X