Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest Blu Ray you've picked up?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
    I don't suppose that came with Dolph Lundgren's "Oscar worthy" performance of Frank Castle in the original Punisher film. Well...did it?


    Nah, just the reboot and War Zone, I actually love the reboot, with John T. and Josh Pinette (R.I.P.).

    Always wanted to check out War Zone but never got around to it. This was $15 so I thought... "meh, might as well."
    A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Oxley View Post

      Why I am not surprised about that purchase?
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Santa View Post
        Why I am not surprised about that purchase?


        I don't know one thing about it.

        I saw it and was like "Ohhhh Nazi's. BUY!"
        A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Oxley View Post


          I don't know one thing about it.

          I saw it and was like "Ohhhh Nazi's. BUY!"

          You did right, because it ain't bad movie at all. More like an arthouse approach than exploitation, but still pretty provoking and controversial.

          Enjoy the Nazi tits.
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

          Comment


          • A shitload of Godzilla blu-rays. I'm not listing, but I got all of them.


            Mickey's Tavern Forum
            A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
            http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

            Comment


            • [QUOTE=Oxley;2792734]


              Originally posted by Oxley View Post


              Nah, just the reboot and War Zone, I actually love the reboot, with John T. and Josh Pinette (R.I.P.).

              Always wanted to check out War Zone but never got around to it. This was $15 so I thought... "meh, might as well."
              The Punisher War Zone is excellent! It's easily the best Punisher film and the character deserved this sort of violent ass movie about him.

              But I hate The Punisher remake/reboot. It's terrible. And I hated Thomas Jane for making it. But he did redeem himself recently with The Punisher: Dirty Laundry. That was a badass short film.

              [YOUTUBE]bWpK0wsnitc&feature=kp[/YOUTUBE]

              Comment


              • That 2004 Punisher would have been a lot better if it wasn't called The Punisher. It had almost nothing to do with the character. Change the title and some character names and it would be a good, generic action movie.


                Mickey's Tavern Forum
                A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

                Comment


                • Comment





                  • These arrived yesterday. Got 'em both on sale from Shout Factory. Unfortunately the case for Ninja III is broken on the spine. I wonder if Shout would send me a replacement case for it.

                    EDIT: I figured I'd email them and ask them. Can't hurt to try, right? Maybe I'll get super lucky and they'll send me loads of free movies for my pain and suffering
                    Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 06-14-2014, 08:08 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                      I don't suppose that came with Dolph Lundgren's "Oscar worthy" performance of Frank Castle in the original Punisher film. Well...did it?
                      Shit, I'll take the Dulph Lundgren Punisher over the Tom Jane shitfest any day of the week. Warzone is good for what it is (an over the top gorefest) but I'm still waiting for a serious Punisher movie.

                      Which is unlikely to happen because now comic book movies are all about that PG-13 rating and getting all of the kiddie's asses into the seats/$.
                      Last edited by travisbickle; 06-14-2014, 06:58 PM.


                      My DVD's/Blu's

                      Comment




                      • I almost didn't see it on the shelf at my local shop because it's unbelievably lame cover art.
                        LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                          Shit, I'll take the Dulph Lundgren Punisher over the Tom Jane shitfest any day of the week. Warzone is good for what it is (an over the top gorefest) but I'm still waiting for a serious Punisher movie.

                          Which is unlikely to happen because now comic book movies are all about that PG-13 rating and getting all of the kiddie's asses into the seats/$.
                          I agree with everything you just said. The Punisher just won't work unless it's rated R. I'll be very surprised if we see another Punisher movie anytime soon.
                          Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post


                          I almost didn't see it on the shelf at my local shop because it's unbelievably lame cover art.
                          It's the best one out of all the Ravenous covers I've seen. But I would've liked to have seen some nice new original art that Shout Factory normally comes out with. A video I watched said that sometimes they just aren't allowed to use new art and have to release movies with the original covers. I'm sure that had to have been the case here.

                          Comment




                          • 1. John Wick (2014)
                            2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
                            3. Escape from New York (1981)
                            4. I Saw the Devil (2010)
                            5. Gone with the Pope (2010)
                            6. Vigilante (1983)
                            7. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin ( 1978 )
                            8. Over the Edge (1979)
                            9. Inherent Vice (2014)
                            10. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X