Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest Blu Ray you've picked up?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post

Hey, at least now I know order tracking is a thing.
    Well now I know. Go there and see if they have any other steelbooks I might be interested in and buy them for me

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
      Well now I know. Go there and see if they have any other steelbooks I might be interested in and buy them for me
      Fuck that it's too far

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxley View Post
        I say preorder it now. I will do the same, though the film will be released in Germany as well. Nobody can't beat the Arrow quality.
        Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post

and just 'cause I can....

"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
          I say preorder it now. I will do the same, though the film will be released in Germany as well. Nobody can't beat the Arrow quality.
          I did, and agreed on Arrow quality... Perfect.

Can't wait to see what artwork they come up with..
          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godzilla View Post
            What specifically makes this one the one to get?
            I take that back, this is the best version of H2 as far as Region 1 goes...

It has a few more extras than the other one I posted. The current Blu-Ray transfer is basicallly a DVD upscale and the only special feature is a trailer.

But as far as the best release on DVD?... (all regions) According to this site it's the Region 2 DVD included in the UK Hellraiser Collector's Box set.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=538

Originally posted by Timvp View Post
            This one is the best version available in Blu? Do want to get a Blu copy of it but heard mixed things about the Midnight Madness version.. I only have this version:

*My prized DVD really, signed by Ashley, Doug, Nicholas, Barbie and Simon*

Yes. The Midnight Madness Blu is a DVD upscale.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• DVDs

Recent Flicks
              Jurassic World - 7/10
              Speed - 8.5/10
              John Wick - 9.5/10
              The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
              Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Timvp View Post
                This one is the best version available in Blu? Do want to get a Blu copy of it but heard mixed things about the Midnight Madness version.. I only have this version:

*My prized DVD really, signed by Ashley, Doug, Nicholas, Barbie and Simon*
                Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                I take that back, this is the best version of H2 as far as Region 1 goes...

It has a few more extras than the other one I posted. The current Blu-Ray transfer is basicallly a DVD upscale and the only special feature is a trailer.

But as far as the best release on DVD?... (all regions) According to this site it's the Region 2 DVD included in the UK Hellraiser Collector's Box set.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=538

Yes. The Midnight Madness Blu is a DVD upscale.
                Thanks guys. I'll do some research and see what's what. I know there is also a version of the first Hellraiser that comes in the Hellraiser Puzzlebox (3 disc'er too) but it's $59.99 at Best Buy (and out of stock so who know's if you'd ever get it) and $120+ at Amazon.

I just know I'm gonna get it all figured out and then they'll announce some kickass boxset for the whole series. So I may just try to find all for cheap used on dvd for the time being and hold off on blu's for now. We'll see...

Originally posted by Oxley View Post
                I did, and agreed on Arrow quality... Perfect.

Can't wait to see what artwork they come up with..
                You know there's a Flash Sale at Arrow right now. Nobody follows my blu ray sale thread do they? (well Se7en does at least )

FLASH SALE @ Arrow

Flash sale going on at Arrow right now until Sunday.
                All blu-rays are 7.99
                All dvds are 4.99
                Steelbooks are 9.99

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...tegory&path=89

Comment

• I happened to pop over just because I've been in the Blu buying mood lately. I have like 35 or so of them and I have only seen like three. I popped in The Dark Knight Rises to compare how my PS4 Blu looks to the one we got in the living room and my mind was blown at how good they look. No wonder y'all are so obsessed.

Got my Kubrick three pack and was looking for other deals

Comment

I happened to pop over just because I've been in the Blu buying mood lately. I have like 35 or so of them and I have only seen like three. I popped in The Dark Knight Rises to compare how my PS4 Blu looks to the one we got in the living room and my mind was blown at how good they look. No wonder y'all are so obsessed.

Quit with the phone bullshit. Movies are meant to be SEEEEN.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                      Quit with the phone bullshit. Movies are meant to be SEEEEN.
                      Idk man once you start watching on your phone, your entire perspective changes and it feels like you're watching on a big screen.

Besides, when I'm watching on my phone it's easier to ignore texts and other distractions.

Comment

I happened to pop over just because I've been in the Blu buying mood lately. I have like 35 or so of them and I have only seen like three. I popped in The Dark Knight Rises to compare how my PS4 Blu looks to the one we got in the living room and my mind was blown at how good they look. No wonder y'all are so obsessed.

I considered getting that Kubrick 3 pack before. But sometimes I just like to have separate cases for films. Especially when they are favorites of mine like The Shining and A Clockwork Orange. Sure it's more expensive that way but I'll probably do better in the special features department too.

Comment

• I would like that too but I'm poor so

All I want is to own them

Comment

Idk man once you start watching on your phone, your entire perspective changes and it feels like you're watching on a big screen.

Besides, when I'm watching on my phone it's easier to ignore texts and other distractions.
                            None of this makes ANY sense.
                            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxley View Post
                              None of this makes ANY sense.
                              1.) You don't notice you're watching on a super small screen once your eyes adjust

2.) It's easier to ignore texts/calls/other shit on phone when you're busy watching something

Was that really not clear

Comment

1.) You don't notice you're watching on a super small screen once your eyes adjust
                                Watch on an acual tv
                                2.) It's easier to ignore texts/calls/other shit on phone when you're busy watching something

Was that really not clear
                                and turn off your phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X