Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest Blu Ray you've picked up?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
    Pretty much. It had the goriest (and maybe the best) kill scene of the series AND the best sex scene all in one! When /if I get the box set, the JGTH disc will go unwatched. I have no use for it...
    Held on to my unrated DVD for these reasons. Have only used the disc in the set to watch Jason X.

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
    Well according to Blu-ray.com's price history tracker, the set was $66.99 this past January, so It's definitely in the realm of reality.
    Didn't realize it had been that low. Totally worth it at that price, even with a neutered JGTH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
      Held on to my unrated DVD for these reasons. Have only used the disc in the set to watch Jason X.
      Yeah, that just fucking pisses me off knowing that I'll have to watch a DVD of something that should've made it to Blu in it's unaltered form.

And what pisses me off even more is that they even included the uncut version of the shitty remake in the set.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Sticking to my guns when it comes to the Friday set. Won't pay any more than $60.

R-rated Jason Goes To Hell?... Inexcusable.
        Doesn't really make sense to me not buying a badass boxset with all films (in case you don't own any of them yet), just because of one movie not being unrated. You can buy that part later, adding it then to the collection. Not a big deal at all.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Yeah, that just fucking pisses me off knowing that I'll have to watch a DVD of something that should've made it to Blu in it's unaltered form.

And what pisses me off even more is that they even included the uncut version of the shitty remake in the set.
          It definitely annoys me too, but at the same time, I'm glad the rest of the films got quality treatment. Just disappointing that the box set would have been just about perfect with the unrated JGTH included.

Originally posted by Santa View Post
          Doesn't really make sense to me not buying a badass boxset with all films (in case you don't own any of them yet), just because of one movie not being unrated. You can buy that part later, adding it then to the collection. Not a big deal at all.
          It is big because JGTH isn't available unrated on Blu-ray. It is on DVD and for digital download, but no Blu-ray. So if you want to want to watch in in HD, your only option is buy it from iTunes, Vudu, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
            Principle.

I have the deluxe edition DVD's of 1-8 and standalones of JGTH and Jason X, so I'm in no hurry. And not to mention the Crystal Lake To Manhattan Boxset that I still have to hang on to because of the lazy bastards at Warner deciding not to carry over the part 3 commentary only available on that set.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
              Yes. It's a solid set, and all of the films look pretty good. Some decent extras are included as well. There is no unrated version of JGTH though, which a bummer if you enjoy that. It does come with a digital copy code that you could sell to offset some of the cost of the set.
              Where would I even sell that? Didn't know people sold those...

Originally posted by Santa View Post
              I discovered the deal today on Blu-ray.com as well and thinking ever since then about the same thing; Should I do it? I mean, the deal can be gone by tomorrow.

Fucking money decisions.
              Yes I don't wanna hesitate too much in case I miss it

Originally posted by Klown View Post

Wait...So Jason Goes To Hell AND Jason X are on the SAME DISC? Are all the films like this? I hate when they cram multiple movies onto 1 disc in these sets. How many discs total come with this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.. Here is the info if anyone else is curious...

Films in The Collection include:
              Disc 1 - Friday the 13th (1980)
              Disc 2 - Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
              Disc 3 - Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D (1982)
              Disc 4 - Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) NEW TO BLU-RAY
              Disc 5 - Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985) / Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) NEW TO BLU-RAY
              Disc 6 - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (198 / Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) NEW TO BLU- RAY
              Disc 7 - Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) / Jason X (2002) NEW TO BLU-RAY
              Disc 8 - Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
              Disc 9 - Friday the 13th (2009) (Theatrical Version and "Killer Cut" Extended Version)
              Disc 10 - Killer Bonus DVD Disc
              Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 09-29-2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                Where would I even sell that? Didn't know people sold those...
                People on Blu-ray.com sell them all the time. I have no idea what it could go for, though. It seems $2-$4 a film is pretty standard, so you could get $20 to $25 for it.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                    Is there any difference in these and the single set with all the films? I've always wondered that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                      Is there any difference in these and the single set with all the films? I've always wondered that.
                      I believe the set has more bonus content. Would've grabbed it, but I found these individual trilogy sets for a steal on ebay.

Comment

• I did it...

and to complete my Saw collection

Can't purchase now Blu's for the next 1,5 months.
                        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
                          I did it...

and to complete my Saw collection

Can't purchase now Blu's for the next 1,5 months.
                          Nice dude! Damn 1.5 months...ouch

Still though....you did good. I'm most likely gonna go ahead and get the F13 and ANOES sets. It'll be $110 but I don't have any of the films on blu-ray, and they've always been some of my favorites. And I'll just wait for Halloween set to drop below $100 and that should happen during Black Friday.

Comment

• A question for those of you that preordered Nekromantik from Diabolikdvd...... have any of you been charged for it yet? I'm assuming they're doing it soon, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                              A question for those of you that preordered Nekromantik from Diabolikdvd...... have any of you been charged for it yet? I'm assuming they're doing it soon, right?
                              They should charge when it ships.

Comment

• Arrived today.

So glad I picked up this version. I love the packaging but bummed there's no booklet.

Comment

Working...
                                X