Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest Blu Ray you've picked up?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. John Wick (2014)
    2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
    3. Escape from New York (1981)
    4. I Saw the Devil (2010)
    5. Gone with the Pope (2010)
    6. Vigilante (1983)
    7. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin ( 1978 )
    8. Over the Edge (1979)
    9. Inherent Vice (2014)
    10. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

Comment

• Ridiculously long over-due! I finally snared this.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• Last edited by The Geek; 04-21-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

• The Evil Dead (2014 Anchorbay/Starz release.....not the best picture quality. Thought for sure with a bluray release, they would have been able to get rid of a lot of the grainy looking transfer).

Deep Impact

Midnight Express

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Awesome View Post
              I haven't seen Street Trash in a really long time. All this mentioning of how awesome the blu-ray is just made me order it on Amazon last night. I should have it by the end of the week. Can't wait to watch it again.
              So how did you like it?

This is one of my favorite blu-ray's, and one of the first I ever bought. The cover art is just gorgeous! It's jam-packed with extra's and special features.

Did your copy have a "Viper" sticker in it? Mine did and I want to find a nice old cool looking bottle to put it on but haven't seen 'the one' yet.

Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 04-27-2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                So how did you like it?
                The order was cancelled. It was out of stock. I did get the dvd I ordered. I'll have to get Street Trash some other time.

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Awesome View Post
                  The order was cancelled. It was out of stock. I did get the dvd I ordered. I'll have to get Street Trash some other time.
                  That sucks. Where did you order from? Amazon?
                  You could try getting directly from Synapse. Same price as amazon, $25, which is a tad high but very much worth it.

http://synapse-films.com/dvds/horror...ition-blu-ray/

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                    That sucks. Where did you order from? Amazon?
                    You could try getting directly from Synapse. Same price as amazon, $25, which is a tad high but very much worth it.

http://synapse-films.com/dvds/horror...ition-blu-ray/
                    I think it was a used one for like $10

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                    A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                    http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                      The Evil Dead (2014 Anchorbay/Starz release.....not the best picture quality. Thought for sure with a bluray release, they would have been able to get rid of a lot of the grainy looking transfer).
                      Are you talking about the remake? It was shot in Hi-def....the Blu looks amazing. I think you may need to get a new TV.

And grain = detail. You don't want to get rid of it.

Edit: And if you're talking about the original Evil Dead...that looks amazing as well. Get a new tv.
                      Last edited by travisbickle; 04-27-2015, 08:46 PM.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
                          I got that in the mail today.

Two commentary tracks, 2 feature length documentaries etc. Why Scream Factory didn't label it as a Collector's Edition is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                            I got that in the mail today.

Two commentary tracks, 2 feature length documentaries etc. Why Scream Factory didn't label it as a Collector's Edition is beyond me.
                            Yeah, I don't get their Collector's/standard release criteria. There are Collector's Editions with barely any extras (looking at you Psycho II & Terror Train) and standard releases like this (and Monkey Shines & The Dark Half) that are jam packed. Is it the custom artwork? More popular titles?

Comment

• Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
                                Yeah, I don't get their Collector's/standard release criteria. There are Collector's Editions with barely any extras (looking at you Psycho II & Terror Train) and standard releases like this (and Monkey Shines & The Dark Half) that are jam packed. Is it the custom artwork? More popular titles?
                                I remember hearing that this was delayed due to the fact they were putting more features on it.

My guess is they didn't bother going back and changing the cover art when they received the extra stuff because this is jam packed.

If you're a fan this is a treat. One of my fave releases of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X