Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest Blu Ray you've picked up?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The People Under the Stairs (Umbrella Release)
    Q The Winged Serpent (Umbrella Release)
    ABCs of Death 1 and 2 (Monster Pictures Release)
    Wyrmwood
    Land of the Dead

    Comment


    • Just bought this off a guy in an Blu Horror group on FB.. I'm not going to say how much I paid for it. Because it's kinda sad, and I feel bad spending that much money on a single film.. But, I haven seen it go for over $200 on eBay so I didn't get it tooooo bad I suppose.. It's one of my all time favourites and I no longer own a copy, and haven't seen it for a good 5 or so years..

      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





      "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


      You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



      Comment


      • Originally posted by Oxley View Post
        Just bought this off a guy in an Blu Horror group on FB.. I'm not going to say how much I paid for it. Because it's kinda sad, and I feel bad spending that much money on a single film.. But, I haven seen it go for over $200 on eBay so I didn't get it tooooo bad I suppose.. It's one of my all time favourites and I no longer own a copy, and haven't seen it for a good 5 or so years..

        Well if the movie is that important to you, then it's money well spent. Hell, I know I'm gonna be dropping $50 on Drive soon and I already have the regular blu-ray of it. Besides, that is some sweet cover art.

        Comment




        • I would have been happy dropping 50. At least yours is a 2 digit number haha.

          Cover art is amazing. And there were only 999 released. So it is pretty fucking rare.
          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





          "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


          You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



          Comment


          • The Perfect Storm


            Titanic (2012 Miniseries)

            Comment


            • Decided to just pay for Videodrome & Hellraiser now, I'll be back at college in September, so I won't have the money much longer. And finally picked up the numbered Society SE.





              2014 Horror Draft:

              Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
              Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
              I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
              Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
              Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
              Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
              Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
              The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
              Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
              Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

              Comment


              • I also am looking to get Videodrome on blu-ray. Which one do y'all think is the better version? Criterion or Arrow?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                  I also am looking to get Videodrome on blu-ray. Which one do y'all think is the better version? Criterion or Arrow?

                  I can't speak for the Criterion, but the sheer amount of love gone into the Arrow package, on top of the fact that their track record is phenomenal, I chose Arrow's upcoming release. Plus I believe it's the same transfer, so you get the Criterion quality with new Arrow features...and that box.....
                  2014 Horror Draft:

                  Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
                  Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
                  I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
                  Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
                  Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
                  Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
                  Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
                  The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
                  Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
                  Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

                  Comment


                  • I have the Criterion Videodrome.. But I NEED to get that Arrow one as well.. It's calling me.

                    Going to order it and the Hellraiser set in the next two weeks.

                    Hellraiser I hope is a nice transfer.. We need a decent BLu of that. The best is the OOP Anchor Bay one I've been told. Which I have and there is still room for a lot of improvement.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                    "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                    You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                      I also am looking to get Videodrome on blu-ray. Which one do y'all think is the better version? Criterion or Arrow?
                      The upcoming Arrow release is missing the Cronenberg commentary that was on the Criterion (one of the best commentaries I've ever listened to) so If you're big on commentaries, i'd say go with Criterion....or get both. I still haven't upgraded my Criterion DVD, but I still plan on getting the Criterion Blu over the Arrow.

                      The only new things Arrow has going for it is the packaging and 4 Cronenberg short films, which I don't really give a fudge about...


                      My DVD's/Blu's

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by travisbickle View Post

                        The upcoming Arrow release is missing the Cronenberg commentary that was on the Criterion (one of the best commentaries I've ever listened to) so If you're big on commentaries, i'd say go with Criterion....or get both. I still haven't upgraded my Criterion DVD, but I still plan on getting the Criterion Blu over the Arrow.

                        The only new things Arrow has going for it is the packaging and 4 Cronenberg short films, which I don't really give a fudge about...
                        I do like the Director Commentaries actually. And the Arrow one is region B so I may go with criterion. At least until I have the means to play the arrow one. Thanks.

                        Comment



                        • .....


                          Mickey's Tavern Forum
                          A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                          http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

                          Comment


                          • .....
                            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                            "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                            You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



                            Comment



                            • .....

                              Comment


                              • We Need To Talk About Kevin
                                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                                "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                                You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X