Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the latest Blu Ray you've picked up?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
    Travis Bickle What's the difference between the Arrow blu and the Scream Factory blu of Dawn of the Dead?
    SF put out a Blu of Day, not Dawn.

Anchor Bay and Arrow did, but they're both out of print.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post

SF put out a Blu of Day, not Dawn.

Anchor Bay and Arrow did, but they're both out of print.

That's right. I get them confused sometimes.

I have that Ultimate Edition dvd of Dawn of the Dead from Anchor Bay. The one that has like 4 different versions of the film. And I have the SF blu of Day of the Dead. I'm pretty happy with my Dawn of the Dead dvd so I doubt I'd upgrade unless they put the Ult. Ed. on bluray, which is unlikely.

Edit: Just googled the arrow version of Dawn and it is the ultimate edition apparently. Shit! I want it!
      Edit #2: It looks like the Director's Cut and Argento Cut are only on dvd's in that Arrow version. Guess I'm sticking with what I got.
      Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 06-30-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with my Dawn of the Dead dvd so I doubt I'd upgrade unless they put the Ult. Ed. on bluray, which is unlikely.
        I'd say it's pretty likely actually, just a matter of time.

Edit #2: It looks like the Director's Cut and Argento Cut are only on dvd's in that Arrow version. Guess I'm sticking with what I got.
        Yeah, I'll def be holding on to my Ultimate Edition DVD for the other cuts. I just wanted the Theatrical cut in HD as it's my favorite cut of the film (Romero's preferred cut as well).

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• I received a Best Buy gift card for my birthday so I picked up a few thing.
          Murder in the first and the triple zombie feature are DVD. and did not come from BB.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwally View Post
            I received a Best Buy gift card for my birthday so I picked up a few thing.
            Murder in the first and the triple zombie feature are DVD. and did not come from BB.

Very nice. It's always a treat when you get to pick up a bundle of films like that. I have the TCM blu and it's really well done. Tons of extras.

Is that Stripes blu-ray a steelbook? Looks like it.

Comment

Is that Stripes blu-ray a steelbook? Looks like it.
              Yes, Stripes and Leon are both Steelbook.

Comment

Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Yes, Stripes and Leon are both Steelbook.
                  Very nice.

Picked this up on Amazon for $20

Comment

Picked this up on Amazon for $20
                    Dammit. Now I have to get that. Although Amazon now says $23.99 for it. Lucky dog!

Comment

I received a Best Buy gift card for my birthday so I picked up a few thing.

I see that you picked The Babadook, did you get a chance to watch it yet?
                      sigpic
                      If you could see inside my head - you'd run
                      http://never-ready.dvdaf.com/owned
                      Sig by rayzorsharp

Comment

• Gonna get this shit autographed too.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post

Dammit. Now I have to get that. Although Amazon now says $23.99 for it. Lucky dog!
                          That's how much it cost me, I just rounded down.

Arrow Video has a big sale going right now. Most of their films are Region B/2 locked but there's plenty that are Region-Free.
                          Most films are 50% Off or more!

I've never ordered directly from Arrow's website before.
                          I'm wondering how long delivery to the U.S. will take. Does anyone know?

Here's the link to the sale if anyone is interested in getting something....
                          http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...tegory&path=89

EDIT: For some reason not all the pics I am posting are showing up.
                          Here's what films I picked up if the pics don't work:

​Class of Nuke em High
                          Maniac Cop
                          Frankenhooker
                          Phenomena
                          The Exterminator
                          Last edited by Doctor RoXo; Today, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Here's the link to the sale if anyone is interested in getting something....
                            http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...tegory&path=89
                            Thanks for the heads up I've just picked up

Be careful with the Sale though, most of the titles are still cheaper elsewhere unless you can get a good bulk p&p deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post

Thanks for the heads up I've just picked up

Be careful with the Sale though, most of the titles are still cheaper elsewhere unless you can get a good bulk p&p deal.

I really really wanted to get Killer Klowns from Outer Space but it's Region 2/B and I don't have anything to play it yet.

Comment

I really really wanted to get Killer Klowns from Outer Space but it's Region 2/B and I don't have anything to play it yet.
                                I'm pleased as I've been waiting to snag the steelbook at a good price for a while now. Looks like you got a good haul yourself though, Phenomena is one of my favorite horrors!

Comment

Working...
                                X