Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Grindhouse Releasing's Facebook...

Grindhouse Releasing Announces CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST Blu-ray Release

For Immediate Release

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - Grindhouse Releasing is proud to announce that Ruggero Deodato’s masterpiece CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST will arrive July 1, 2014 on Blu-ray in an all-new deluxe edition 3-disc release. The set includes two Blu-ray discs loaded with special features, and a newly remastered soundtrack CD of the original score by Riz Ortolani (MONDO CANE).

Grindhouse Releasing’s CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST Deluxe Edition Blu-ray is the ultimate home video presentation of this notorious classic named by Entertainment Weekly as “one of the most controversial films ever made”.

The 3-disc set can be pre-ordered now exclusively at Diabolik DVD:

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...on-Combo).html

Specs for the new CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST Blu-ray are as follows:

- New high definition digital restoration of the uncensored director’s cut

- Spectacular digital stereo re-mix and original mono mix

- Commentary tracks with director Ruggero Deodato and star Robert Kerman, stars Carl Yorke and Francesca Ciardi

- New in-depth interviews with Ruggero Deodato, Francesa Ciardi, assistant director Salvo Basile and cameraman Roberto Forges Davazati, as well as classic interviews with Robert Kerman, Carl Yorke and composer Riz Ortolani

- Liner notes by director Eli Roth (HOSTEL) and legendary horror journalist Chas. Balun (DEEP RED)

- Extensive still galleries and theatrical trailers from around the world

- BONUS CD – Amazing new remaster of the original CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST score by Grammy winner and Academy Award nominee Riz Ortolani (MONDO CANE)

AND MORE SURPRISES!

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST is the latest in a series of comprehensive, acclaimed special edition Blu-ray and DVD releases from Grindhouse Releasing, including THE SWIMMER, starring Burt Lancaster, and based on the story by John Cheever; Sergio Sollima’s classic spaghetti western THE BIG GUNDOWN, starring Lee Van Cleef and Tomas Milian; the 1968 British horror film CORRUPTION, starring Peter Cushing and Sue Lloyd; and Amos Sefer’s mind-blowing 1972 cult film AN AMERICAN HIPPIE IN ISRAEl, starring Asher Tzarfati and Shmuel Wolf.

Founded by Sage Stallone and Academy Award-winning film editor Bob Murawski (THE HURT LOCKER, OZ, Sam Raimi’s SPIDER MAN 1, 2 & 3 and DRAG ME TO HELL), Grindhouse Releasing is dedicated to preserving, restoring and releasing neglected classics of horror, cult and exploitation cinema.

Upcoming Blu-rays from Grindhouse Releasing include Lucio Fulci’s THE BEYOND, Duke Mitchell’s GONE WITH THE POPE, and S.F. Brownrigg's SCUM OF THE EARTH.

For more information visit us online at www.GrindhouseReleasing.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grind...7536411?ref=hl

Twitter: Twitter.com/GrindhouseFilm

Wordpress: GrindhouseReleasing.Wordpress.com

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• DAMN!

I just spent all the cash in my bank on a TCM T-Shirt and a Nosferatu The Vampire BFI Steelbook Blu.

Fuck..

Looks like it's back to the bank on monday for me.
      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
      Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
      My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
        From Grindhouse Releasing's Facebook...
        Grindhouse Releasing Announces CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST Blu-ray Release

For Immediate Release

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - Grindhouse Releasing is proud to announce that Ruggero Deodato’s masterpiece CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST will arrive July 1, 2014 on Blu-ray in an all-new deluxe edition 3-disc release. The set includes two Blu-ray discs loaded with special features, and a newly remastered soundtrack CD of the original score by Riz Ortolani (MONDO CANE).

Grindhouse Releasing’s CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST Deluxe Edition Blu-ray is the ultimate home video presentation of this notorious classic named by Entertainment Weekly

Finally, it was about damn time.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Cannibal Holocaust on blu is great news! But hearing that it's a....3 disc release

Comment

• Originally posted by Klown View Post
            I kinda want to like Exorcist II. I always forget how weird it is. Great score and Linda Blair is too bad to look at it.
            I hated the sequel, it made a mockery of the original in my opinion with the live TV show and new priest clowning around. It felt like a damn comedy.

Comment

• ^^^
              Repossessed is a classic! Haven't seen it since I was a kid. I think I actually saw it before I ever watched The Exorcist.

REMINDER

I'm sure this has already been mentioned on here but just wanted to remind y'all it's releasing in 10 days...

Evil Dead Steelbook [Blu-ray] pre-order for $16.18 @ Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Steelbook...ator+steelbook

Not sure what kind of Special Features this will have. Doesn't seem to be any info about that on amazon. But I'll check around and edit this post if I find anything about it.

Comment

• Cannibal Holocaust release is going to be epic

Comment

• I know 88 Films recently put out a Blu of BSF, but the upcoming Troma release looks like it's going to be the one to grab....

6/3/14

* New Interviews with Eli Roth and WWE Superstar Chris Jericho
                  * Audio Commentary from Blood & Guts Expert Eli Roth
                  * New, Never-Before-Seen Uncut Version of the Feature, including:
                  -- Never Seen Before Deleted Scene Thought to Be Lost Forever
                  -- Never Seen Before Original Title Sequence for SARDU: MASTER OF THE SCREAMING VIRGINS

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                    REMINDER

I'm sure this has already been mentioned on here but just wanted to remind y'all it's releasing in 10 days...

Evil Dead Steelbook [Blu-ray] pre-order for $16.18 @ Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Steelbook...ator+steelbook

Not sure what kind of Special Features this will have. Doesn't seem to be any info about that on amazon. But I'll check around and edit this post if I find anything about it.
                    Steelbooks give me a boner. Even though I already have this on Blu, it shall be mine....

Extras are the same as the first release, just an audio commentary with Campbell and Raimi.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• What's up with Eli Roth being featured in so many of these extras?

Comment

• Not a big fan of Evil Dead. I have it on DVD... I'd never consider getting it on blu.

But s Steelbook for that price is hard to look past... Moreso considering I'm trying to bulk up my steelbook collection explicitly right now. Hmmmmm.
                        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                        My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
                          Not a big fan of Evil Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                            I love Bruce in it, and the effects.

Everything else... Meh. I would be perfectly happy never watching it again. I think I've watched it twice.

I did like it slightly better on my second viewing. Ehh. I'll probably order this.

My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
                              I love Bruce in it, and the effects.

Everything else... Meh. I would be perfectly happy never watching it again. I think I've watched it twice.

I did like it slightly better on my second viewing. Ehh. I'll probably order this.
                              nah I'm just giving you shit... its one of my all time favorites. Watch it again... and again and again.

I actually don't have it on blu ray and probably won't ever get it on blu ray

I got the book of the dead DVD editions of the first two movies and they are so amazing that I never need to upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                                What's up with Eli Roth being featured in so many of these extras?
                                He's an attention whore.

Originally posted by oxley View Post
                                Not a big fan of Evil Dead.

Wait...you're serious, aren't you?

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Working...
                                X