Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is pretty fucking cool. I still haven't seen the 3rd.
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      I actually don't have it on blu ray and probably won't ever get it on blu ray

I got the book of the dead DVD editions of the first two movies and they are so amazing that I never need to upgrade.

I have the two books and the Ultimate Edition of the first Evil Dead....AND the current Blu-Ray. After watching the Blu, there's no way I could go back to watching the DVD. It's seriously one of the best looking Horror Blu-Rays out there.

Night and day difference over the DVDs.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
        I have the two books and the Ultimate Edition of the first Evil Dead....AND the current Blu-Ray. After watching the Blu, there's no way I could go back to watching the DVD. It's seriously one of the best looking Horror Blu-Rays out there.

Night and day difference over the DVDs.
        ughhh don't tell me that!

I'll probably upgrade someday.... but it isn't super high on my list. I'm pretty happy with how they look on those dads but I can imagine how it would look with a nice cleanup and HD transfer.

I remember the day the eye on Evil Dead 2 stopped screaming when you pressed it. I lost my innocence as a human being that dark day.

Comment

ughhh don't tell me that!

I'll probably upgrade someday.... but it isn't super high on my list. I'm pretty happy with how they look on those dads but I can imagine how it would look with a nice cleanup and HD transfer.
          I'll just leave this here....http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergl...hd_multiID=182

I remember the day the eye on Evil Dead 2 stopped screaming when you pressed it. I lost my innocence as a human being that dark day.
          Yeah, mine stopped working, too...

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
            That is pretty fucking cool. I still haven't seen the 3rd.
            What about Evil Dead 2?

Please tell me that you at least liked that...

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

What about Evil Dead 2?

Please tell me that you at least liked that...
              I have the first two.

Much of a muchness. I don't dislike them at all, I just don't consider them anything great.
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
              Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
              My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
                I have the first two.

Much of a muchness. I don't dislike them at all, I just don't consider them anything great.
                the third one is way more humorous than even the second one, its straight up goofy awesomeness.

I actually have the Screwball blu ray edition and I don't recommend it at all. It looks great but there are many scenes and shots omitted from original cut.

Comment

I actually have the Screwhead blu ray edition and I don't recommend it at all. It looks great but there are many scenes and shots omitted from original cut.
                  I actually prefer the theatrical cut on the Blu-Ray. The DC has a few scenes that drag on for too long, AND they switched some of Ash's classic lines. "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun" for example....

The Director's Cut does have the better ending, though...

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

I actually prefer the theatrical cut on the Blu-Ray. The DC has a few scenes that drag on for too long, AND they switched some of Ash's classic lines. "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun" for example....

The Director's Cut does have the better ending, though...

I HATE the omission of Ash waking up tied down by all of his mini replicas. I was pissed when I watched it for the first time on blu ray.

Comment

I HATE the omission of Ash waking up tied down by all of his mini replicas. I was pissed when I watched it for the first time on blu ray.
                      A hybrid cut would be nice. Theatrical cut with the director's cut ending.

It would be amazing if someone like Scream Factory could get a hold of AOD and put out a 2 disc Blu with the Theatrical and DC...

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

nah I'm just giving you shit... its one of my all time favorites. Watch it again... and again and again.

I actually don't have it on blu ray and probably won't ever get it on blu ray

I got the book of the dead DVD editions of the first two movies and they are so amazing that I never need to upgrade.

I can still remember seeing these in Circuit City (when there still was a circuit city) and wanting them so badly. But never getting them. I just kept putting it off. "I'll get them next time I come" -I'd promise myself....but I never did. And now they're uber fucking expensive.

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                        What's up with Eli Roth being featured in so many of these extras?
                        Yea I don't get this either. Eli is cool and all but he ain't the fucking expert on horror. If he was, then the best thing he's ever directed wouldn't be a faux trailer for "Thanksgiving"

Originally posted by Oxley View Post
                        That is pretty fucking cool. I still haven't seen the 3rd.
                        So, you've never seen Army of Darkness?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                          Yea I don't get this either. Eli is cool and all but he ain't the fucking expert on horror. If he was, then the best thing he's ever directed wouldn't be a faux trailer for "Thanksgiving"

He's probably on all these DVDs because he's popular and genuinely knows what he's talking about. You guys should watch some of his interviews or listen to his commentaries. The guy lives for horror. If he was truly a attention whore like TB suggests why would he waste his time with doing special features for a movie like Bloodsucking Freaks? I didn't even know it existed until I saw it posted here. I'm now interested in listening to that and maybe checking the movie out because of him.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                            He's probably on all these DVDs because he's popular and genuinely knows what he's talking about. You guys should watch some of his interviews or listen to his commentaries. The guy lives for horror.
                            Roth is well educated in the genre and speaks well. Making movies and critiquing them are two separate things although from a neutral standpoint his credentials are hardly bad (highest profit horror film of 2003 etc.).

Comment

What's up with Eli Roth being featured in so many of these extras?
                              Question should rather be why Chris Jericho is featured within an interview.

Originally posted by Oxley View Post
                              I still haven't seen the 3rd.

You still don't stop to amaze me.
                              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
                                Question should rather be why Chris Jericho is featured within an interview.
                                That is true. Who the hell cares what this ape has to say. I'd rather replace all his commentary with fart sounds. It'd be more entertaining I'm guessing.

And I think I was a bit too hard on ol' Eli Roth. I really do like him. I'm just not a big fan of the Hostel movies. And he needs to really made Thanksgiving into a full feature. There are NO good thanksgiving movies. Every holiday, for the most part, has a good movie...except thanksgiving. I need something to watch on Turkey Day dammit.

Comment

Working...
                                X